November Location

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
I can and have used my OWN pallet jack to load my truck. I have, however, ran into problems with Unions when I did this.

Me too LOL, I took a skid off and the union dock worker said I couldn't do that. I asked if he wanted me to put it back on the truck so he could take it off:rolleyes:
stupid stupid union rules

Falligator

Expert Expediter
It's cold in Ohio? It is quite warm, too warm, here in Michigan. It has been in the 50's all week. WAY above average. Guess it is trying to make up for what has been called the "Coldest Summer" on record here.
It's cold to me.....LOL;) It was 84 degrees on Monday...it's 44 now....I left my beer outside to get cold....when I'm at home it stays in the fridge....lol

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
That truck is YOUR property...you set the chair on the tail and they reach over and pick it up....you control the truck and YOUR rules...

Exactly, No one is allowed on my truck without my permission
Sometimes I will use my pallet jack because the fork lift drivers are too reckless and don't care about my truck.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Just dropped my Cambridge load about 32 hours early :D

At the 5th Wheel in Milton for the night.

PS - You guys are gonna have company down in Laredo. :rolleyes:

guido4475

Not a Member
The expedite gods are looking after you. Not a whole lot of freight coming out of Thief River Falls, especially on a Saturday night. Arctic Cat?

No, actually, Digi-Key next door to them.My load:One 5-pound box.Hmmmm....

guido4475

Not a Member
That was a 900-miler, than got one from K.City to Grand Rapids, then went home.I want to wish each and everyone of you a happy Thanksgiving.

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
Just dropped my Cambridge load about 32 hours early :D

At the 5th Wheel in Milton for the night.

PS - You guys are gonna have company down in Laredo. :rolleyes:

Dang, shoulda stayed put and met me for Starbucks (if you didn't get a load out today)!

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Add me to the Laredo crowd, probably Sat. afternoon but I don't have to be there 'til Mon. morning. So, if I get lazy...

aileron

Expert Expediter
Home sweet home. I got lucky yesterday and got a load from Memphis back to Atlanta.
Happy Thanksgiving.

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
I'm in Houston spending Thanksgiving with my wife's aunt. I have freight on board for Laredo delivering tomorrow and I'll leave Houston in the wee hours to run down there and deliver that. Then I'll probably be heading back to Houston to pick up my wife and deadhead home on Saturday. We just took the Laredo load to pay for the trip.

The Enemy

Veteran Expediter
Come on down to Laredo, theres about 14 vans here from various carriers, had a bit of a party here last night, most of us out untill 1 am, just sitting and bs'in. Nice and warm down here, supposed to be in the mid 70's today and tomorrow.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm down her with the Laredo crowd. Been here since Wednesday AM. Sprinters outnumber cargo vans. 10 sprinters and 3 cargo vans.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
I get to spend 12 hours(unless I can talk 'em into unloading me sooner) at the beautiful Wal-Mart distribution center in Coldwater, Mi
I have a 6:30 am appointment and a 6:00 pm appointment
I get paid wait time from gate to unload on the first appointment but not on the wait time till the second appointment. Average is 2 hours an appointment for unload. So I am almost guaranteed 4 hours wait time. Better than nothing I guess:cool:

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Heck yes, Im down here in this craziness in Laredo, counting between the J and TA Cargo Vans and Sprinters there are 25 down here wow, tomorrow will hopefully be hoppin...LOL, If not im gonna throw a big party....:D Enemy common over man im in the Jet Black Cargo Van Xiggi were gonna party like its 1999!!!!!!! :D

The Enemy

Veteran Expediter
Heck yes, Im down here in this craziness in Laredo, counting between the J and TA Cargo Vans and Sprinters there are 25 down here wow, tomorrow will hopefully be hoppin...LOL, If not im gonna throw a big party....:D Enemy common over man im in the Jet Black Cargo Van Xiggi were gonna party like its 1999!!!!!!! :D

Hell I didn't know that was you, I walked right by you twice inside the J. Wish we could visit, but we have a 7 am pick up in Los Indios and we scooted out of there around 11pm. Next time man, oh btw when did you get that shiny new machine, last I knew you were in a Sprinter.

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
tiny world.

I was planning on seeing TeamCaffee today but got a run out of St Mary's, PA. When making delivery in Los Indios, TX, The Enemy and Jenny were driving out the gate as I drove in. Nice chat, however brief. Not a bad deadhead to my next load. It was the lot next door.

En route to Princeton, IN.

eb