November Banter and Location

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Stopped for the night at the Marion Ohio Walmart...been awhile since I've been here...back in the E-1 days I was thinking I'd have to pay rent.....Whirlpool really owns this town....want to be in Haw River by tomorrow night...

Don't forget to feed John Junior...*LOL*

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Don't forget to feed John Junior...*LOL*

LMAO....had to tell eh?...

When I was in Bluffton Ind. I lifted the generator in a Walmart parking lot...there was this little lizard or salamander curled up trying to get some heat....I've had it now traveling with me.... so I kinda picked up a lot lizard....:p

I named him John Jr in honour of our leader.....as the lizard has struggled to survive adversity....I named him before, all this happened kind of weird considering all that has been said the last couple days....

When I get to warmer weather in NC I will free him.....:D

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager

When I was in Bluffton Ind. I lifted the generator in a Walmart parking lot...there was this little lizard or salamander curled up trying to get some heat....I've had it now traveling with me.... so I kinda picked up a lot lizard....:p

I named him John Jr in honour of our leader.....as the lizard has struggled to survive adversity....I named him before, all this happened kind of weird considering all that has been said the last couple days....

*lol*..You know us wives love to tell stories about our men! Besides that, I thought it was a sweet thing to do!:)

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

Wait - what? You kidnapped a lot lizard?!

Thanks for that - I really needed a laugh, and that just cracked me up.

Sure hope the freight gods take as good care of John Sr - it's been pretty tough out here lately, and I'm sure he's feeling the strain too. :(

:)

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines

You kidnapped a poor defenseless lizard in IN and are transporting him across state lines to NC? What does he know about NC?

Let's see, what did I do with that number for the FBI.........

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Cuuzzz

Seasoned Expediter
It is hard for some straight truck drivers to convert to a van....it is learning all over again.....vanning is tougher then some give credit for.....
yeah, ur right on that. all i kno is 6wheelin, and this is quite the adjustment. i got a feather in my mouth, or is that a nike?

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
He would probably love it more if he wasn't our current longest sitter :(

guido4475

Not a Member
Just got home. Weather is ok in Baltimore. Hit some pretty good snow in the upper elevations of PA.

Perhaps some have misinterpreted what I said or I didn't make myself clear. Load count and money is not the issue of those that have contacted me nor is it my issue.

Trust and respect is a two way street. I'll not get into specifics with any of you. I was told stuff in confidence, that's where it will stay.
I never said the company was a bad company because it is not. There are issues that myself and others are concerned about and that's it.
Like I said, if you haven't been affected, then you don't know what's going on.

Right now the only 2 decisions I need to make is can I get 3 weeks of work and planning done in ten days on the boat for my wife and I to take her to Georgetown Bahamas for the winter and Christmas holidays to join hundreds of other cruisers and friends.

The other question is do I want to sip on some 35 year old scotch or drink cold cold beer!

You all be safe and have fun.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

.I wish you the best of luck on youre voyage, and please, enjoy yourself.And have a great holiday season as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I wish you the best of luck on youre voyage, and please, enjoy yourself.And have a great holiday season as well.

We are one team, good or bad. Let's play as a team. Night y'all.

Last edited by a moderator:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hey, can you do the same thing with erasing negative things off of one's credit reports as well, Houdini?.....lmao...:D

Ya see you came late to the party...LOL and we was in the kissing and huggin and makin up stage...
sorry that you did not get to say negative things....LOL
Visit EO more often so you can participate in all the antics...

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
word of advice to all who have not learned one important lesson about expediting. learn to set, its going to happen. sometimes more than we like. no one can control freight volumes. those of you that cant are going to have a rough time of it.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
word of advice to all who have not learned one important lesson about expediting. learn to set, its going to happen. sometimes more than we like. no one can control freight volumes. those of you that cant are going to have a rough time of it.

Yep..one can have all the charts and graphs. projections in the world...and expediting will humble them all...it all comes down to your gut feeling and a bit of luck..when that shipper picks up the phone...you'd best be in the right location....now finding that location, is another story....LOL

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
yep like i posted in the " our company " thread. expediting is just another form of legalized gambling. sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. the important thing is to always make sure you keep what you originally invested.

setting here in columbus, oh hopefully we can get something still over the weekend. even a shorty to the yard would be ok, need to get by there anyways. we also need to get full fledged L1. the 90 days are up.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
On my way home for my wifes and my wedding anniversary....haven't decided if i am going to cook dinner for her or go out...either way its all good...lol..it really is funny how "expediting" has had a positive affect on our marriage....:D