November 2020 Is For Turkeys

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Like the way the question was. The Discount Tire salesmen basically stated that the Agilis Cross Climate was a improvement on the Discover. Better wear and load carrying design.

Reactions: Grizzly

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Been sitting like a king on a throne

Early in the month we finally made it home. Went as far as Lincoln NE on our own dime, then got a run to IL, followed by an STL to Ohio. From OH we went to a funeral in western PA, then home to our son’s place. We just kinda vegetated for a week or so. Last Thursday, PA to MO. Sat in Joplin from Friday till this morning, then got a run to WI. Unfortunately, that one canceled. Now in Springfield, waiting for the next one.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Been sitting like a king on a throne
51zBNvidHZL._SY450_.jpg

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Curious (seriously and genuinely) how you're going to read info off a canbus with that? I like it.
Well it's complicated enough that I don't know how to use it

Just downloaded the manual. First on the list:

Attach a lead to both can high and can low. Signal should mirror;

If a module or wiring problem is interfering, the signal will show it. Yes if I want to record on SD and zoom in with a computer, you could actually see the peaks and dips representing data, and decode the communications.

What I'm looking for is a crazy interruption that causes all the modules to lose communication. Then the offending module can be found by unplugging each module and plugging back in, until I find the broken module when the signal "clears up"

I bought the automotive one, so there are presets to test ignition, sensors, canbus Kline and Lin bus, signal integrity etc. Will test air flow meter, crankshaft and camshaft sensors, oxygen sensors, throttle / accelerator sensors, ABS wheel sensors, coolant sensors, map sensors, etc etc etc.

Also has built in digital multimeter and signal generator.

Oscilloscopes can do so many things, for those interested, search on YouTube for the Picoscope tutorials.

Note: I bought this because it's portable, battery powered, and has one button presets for testing. You can do all the same with a Hantek 1008C and your own laptop for about $100

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

Reactions: RoadTime