November 2020 Is For Turkeys

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got out of Missouri
Springfield to Ottawa, IL with a 34 lb. . Now chillin’ at the Pilot in Morris, until 3 when we can go to our room in Joliet.
Hopefully we can get out tomorrow. Shouldn’t be too hard; usually a properly trained chimp can book a load outta Chicago

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Ahh the X-mas shopping season. My Van is 2/3rds full as of now , with a Best Buy 65" TV (new Improved Man Cave ) and new Snowblower to go .
Glad I bought a long and tall Van , for "Shopping " ..View attachment 19588

sent from my Recliner..
I assume you're wife was appreciative of the new snow blower to make her task easier.

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Did bubbles get you out yet?

View attachment 19589

He would have, but it turned into a TONU. When I got to O’Hare I was told the freight wouldn’t arrive until after 1800, and wouldn’t be shippable until tomorrow. I have a cold right now, so I don’t mind. It would be nice to go somewhere warm, tbh.

The room wasn’t bad. We had a minor issue pop up with the IHOP in Morris. I called and asked how late they were staying open, and they said 2pm. Get there at 1215, they’re closed already
We go across the street to the TA which has a restaurant called R Place. Coffee tasted weird, but otherwise the food was delicious and the service was excellent, even though they were swamped. Recommended

Last edited:

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
We had a minor issue pop up with the IHOP in Morris. I called and asked how late they were staying open, and they said 2pm. Get there at 1215, they’re closed already
We go across the street to the TA which has a restaurant called R Place. Coffee tasted weird, but otherwise the food was delicious and the service was excellent, even though they were swamped. Recommended
Obviously you have never dined at R Place. If you had, IHOP would never had been your first choice. Even if they were giving the food away.:)

Reactions: xmudman

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Got out of Missouri
Springfield to Ottawa, IL with a 34 lb. . Now chillin’ at the Pilot in Morris, until 3 when we can go to our room in Joliet.
Hopefully we can get out tomorrow. Shouldn’t be too hard; usually a properly trained chimp can book a load outta Chicago

Where did you stay in Joliet? You were right down the street from me!

Reactions: xmudman