November 2020 Is For Turkeys

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Plan for the day...
Run to the store for food, and avoid any discounted Halloween candy ;)
And if I'm really lucky, have my new glasses arrive before I hit the road again.
Actually, I had a new pair last week, but after wearing them for a week, I just couldn't get used to how they looked. I tried to go out of my comfort zone to try something different.
I loved the larger field of vision, but every time I looked in the mirror I saw clown glassess...

us-toy-tmp-images-catalog-products-9-5-95133_fe40724f-0a2c-4127-88a7-885877f3e355_2000x.jpg

For the first time in 40 years of wearing glasses, there was more dislike then like.
Since I had a 45 day return if not happy, and after spending $400, I opted for another pair.
Hopefully, this time will go better :rolleyes:

Worn Out Manager

Birthday Expediter
It's My Birthday!!!
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Came out west and business fell off a cliff ....
Holy cow ... idk what these loads are going for ...
Yuck ...

Does anybody on here actually work anymore?
Taking some time to see the sights in a rental while truck is having transmission fluid changed and, unfortunately, the rest of the transmission too. $6500 I didn't need to spend, but, 3 year unlimited miles warranty. @ 540000 miles I guess it did OK for what we do.

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Taking some time to see the sights in a rental while truck is having transmission fluid changed and, unfortunately, the rest of the transmission too. $6500 I didn't need to spend, but, 3 year unlimited miles warranty. @ 540000 miles I guess it did OK for what we do.
Ouch, that sucks :confused2:
Is that in Canadian dollars? Seems kind of high, I know I can do mine for half that :oops:

Worn Out Manager

Birthday Expediter
It's My Birthday!!!
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Is that in Canadian dollars? Seems kind of high, I know I can do mine for half that :oops:
Yes, I'm sure I'm getting hosed but when you break down 1000 miles from home? Also, the 3 year warranty is better than what you get (at a lower cost) from a tranny shop. The silver lining is no taxes this year

Worn Out Manager

Birthday Expediter
It's My Birthday!!!
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Also, there is an extra $1000+ labor in there to cover removing (2) control arms that will have bolts that have to be torched out, which has happened twice before when access from below is needed.