November 2020 Is For Turkeys

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I feel your pain. With $13,000 spent over the last 3 months I'm wondering if it's worth continuing? Biggest issue is I'm not sure these Transits are capable of many more than the 540,000+ miles I already have. I keep telling myself that I've covered the major breakdown issues, then BAM!, something else breaks. Many people split their money with their fleet owner, I split mine with my truck and she's become a very greedy mistress. Add to that our age and all the things that keep us grounded at home, and despite the great job Murray does keeping us rolling, it may be time to pull the plug. Right now the Transit has been sitting at Ford for a week, the 3 week old transmission has pooped the torque converter - which they have committed to replacing under warranty - when they come off backorder!!! With the holidays coming I may not make it back out this year. Thinking seriously about just looking for a local job. Wonder where I can find one where I make my own hours, work when I want and nobody tells me what to do?:p

Pulling the plug can be difficult. It's been a ongoing battle with me.
Sometimes I have a passing wish that...naw that's too much of a jinx to say :rolleyes:

All I know when it comes to this business:
Numbers don't Lie, and it's always something ;)

Noname

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
I just finished a run from Chattanooga to Daytona Beach. Only 50 miles from home, so I decided to call it quits early until after the holiday. Before I could go out of service dispatch offered an immediate run back to North Carolina. A good load back out of Florida? Wow! They made an offer I couldn't refuse.

But I did refuse. Wife rules!! Happy Thanksgiving all!!

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Texting for a job is dumb, or I'm just out of touch...

Got a shorty this morning. Nothing I normally would want or take on a Friday, but it brought be closer to home...and maybe a new job? With the plan confirmed, I sent a text to my prospective employer indicating my availability for a interview on Monday, if they were still interviewing. I still have yet to speak with a human, only via text, which still seems really odd. But I'll go with the flow :rolleyes:

I sent the text at 9am. When 5pm came and went without a response, I was a little disappointed.
But figured, Oh well, guess I'll be going with plan B.

Then at 7:15pm, I get a return text for a Monday Interview :oops:

Better late then never I guess :rolleyes:

So Monday it is. I'll give it my best and see what happens :cool:

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So I was folding some laundry today and noticed a brown towel, and remembered that the wife had swiped it by mistake (or so she said) from Pilot. So I was wondering if anyone else has a Pilot towel in their house or vehicle?????

Reactions: ntimevan

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So I was folding some laundry today and noticed a brown towel, and remembered that the wife had swiped it by mistake (or so she said) from Pilot. So I was wondering if anyone else has a Pilot towel in their house or vehicle?????
They might make a good Grease Rag . I just used my Own Towel to dry with and threw Pilots on the floor to stand on.

sent from my Recliner..

Reactions: coalminer

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
New tires on our 2011 last week. 784,531 on the clock, original engine and transmission.

Which Michelins did you get?

I chewed through my first set of Defenders and now my local shop is saying they can no longer get them; they're gonna be discontinued. This is the tire he says he's been putting on Sprinters - Agilis Crossclimate.

I'm gonna dig up a tire thread ....

Reactions: NorthernBill