North Carolina voters reject same-sex marriage.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
OVM... the voters of North Carolina rejected same-sex marriage on a state ballot because it is a state issue. It is the North Carolina state constitution which is being admended, not the US constitution. Are you confusing state law with federal law?
Yes, Probably....I am still a student ya know....so excuse me if I stumble a bit...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Can I quote you on that?

Yes you may, AND, with any luck and another surgery, I may be able to get back to reading like I used too. I sure miss it. The ONLY thing better than reading for learning, is doing. There is NO better education than first hand experience. There is no substitute. Everything else is, after all at best, second hand.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yes you may, AND, with any luck and another surgery, I may be able to get back to reading like I used too. I sure miss it. The ONLY thing better than reading for learning, is doing. There is NO better education than first hand experience. There is no substitute. Everything else is, after all at best, second hand.
How can that be? You just got through saying, and I quote, "It is the best way to learn." With "it" referring directly to reading, as was the question from OVM. "It [reading] is the best way to learn" is a statement of absoluteness, with no room for being something better than reading. There is no such thing as better than best. Best is best. Now you're saying that there is, in fact, something better than best, that of doing. So that would mean "doing" is best, and "reading" is not the best. But you've already established that reading is the best way to learn. So how can reading be the best way to learn, and doing be even better than best?

Oh, what a tangled Web we read.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
There's a "bestest" and, like my daughter has been duped into believing, there are "best friends forever", or at least for this week.

And I STILL haven't gotten her to admit to me how she has TWO best friends. And some of her classmates have more! Greedy little punks! :p

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
How can that be? You just got through saying, and I quote, "It is the best way to learn." With "it" referring directly to reading, as was the question from OVM. "It [reading] is the best way to learn" is a statement of absoluteness, with no room for being something better than reading. There is no such thing as better than best. Best is best. Now you're saying that there is, in fact, something better than best, that of doing. So that would mean "doing" is best, and "reading" is not the best. But you've already established that reading is the best way to learn. So how can reading be the best way to learn, and doing be even better than best?

Oh, what a tangled Web we read.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I have heard it allllll before. Who cares? Twist and shout is what it is all about.

My dinner was, by far, better than those served in a TA.

Good night gracie. They can turn them off as they please.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
OVM, Lisa, and several others make the mistake of equating homosexuality with race and civil rights. This is absolutely incorrect. Race or color is a mere benign variation with which you are born; homosexuality is what one does. Whether or not one acquires the urge to commit those offenses or through a birth defect is born with them doesn't change the fact that one doesn't have to do them.

Psychopaths are mis-wired somehow to have murderous urges, and psychiatrists agree they have no idea how to fix them. But we still hold them responsible for their atrocities when they act on their impulses. Same with pedophiles; they're miswired somehow. But like psychopaths and homosexuals, we expect them to not act on their urges. In the last 40 years or so, society has evolved to the point that most people will at least let sodomites commit their offenses against each other as long as they do so in private. Do we really need to take it farther?

OVM has a point when he says it looks like those of us with a couple of morals laying around will die off and things will change. Barring a spiritual revival, it certainly looks that way. But is that merely a symptom of societal decay or more actual decay? Are things better now that we have such a gay society? If it weren't for sodomites and their promiscuous, unnatural, and unsanitary sex practices, AIDS would be very, very rare. It may well have died out completely, at least in the West. If it existed at all, it would likely be confined to Africa, where it's spread more by heterosexual sex than in the West.

So if OVM is correct, what's next? This song comes true:

I heard the reverend say
Gay is probably normal in the good Lord's sight
Whats to be debated?
Jesus never stated what's right

I'm no theology nut
But the reverend may be a little confused
If the Lord don't care who He chooses to ignore-a
Tell it to the people of Sodom and Gomorrah

What ever happened to sin?

When the closets are empty and the clinics are full
And your eyes have been blinded by society's wool
When the streets erupt in your own backyard
You'll be on your knees praying for the National Guard

If you don't care now how the problems get solved
You can shake your head later that you never got involved
Cuz the call came ringing from the throne of gold
But you never got the message cuz your mind's on hold

And we'll all, as the Chinese proverb says, live in interesting times.

Afew very public people were gay...Like Rock Hudson, Bob Crane, Geo Tataki(Mr.Zulu) many "appeared" straight...living in the closet, keeping the taboo secret....because of the bigotry and prejudice against gays in those times....The world hasn't ended, no fire and brimstone...They did not make themselves gay...they were born that way...with he same feeling hetros have to each other except in the same sex way....it was normal to them as it is most others....except they were outcast...in a world that thinks they had a choice...they had no more choice in the matter then hetro couples...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It's very important that homosexuality be an act, rather than a condition to which people were born. If it's an act, then it's a choice, free will and all that. But if they were born that way, then you've got to look at God as the cause, and God can't possibly make a mistake like that, over and over and over again. Because, as we all know, there is no such thing as a heterosexual virgin.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Being that God decrees homosexual acts to be an abomination and a sin, homosexuality is, ipso facto, an act.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Afew very public people were gay...Like Rock Hudson, Bob Crane, Geo Tataki(Mr.Zulu) many "appeared" straight...living in the closet, keeping the taboo secret....because of the bigotry and prejudice against gays in those times....The world hasn't ended, no fire and brimstone...They did not make themselves gay...they were born that way...with he same feeling hetros have to each other except in the same sex way....it was normal to them as it is most others....except they were outcast...in a world that thinks they had a choice...they had no more choice in the matter then hetro couples...

Bob Crane wasn't gay; he was a swinger into group sex. Doogie Howser, Charles Emerson Winchester, Darrin from Bewitched, and Mr. Sulu were indeed queer, as is Rob Halford, one of my favorite singers.

Opposition to their perverted sex acts is no more prejudice and bigotry than opposition to pedophilia. I'm not necessarily saying they're linked, but they're both sins and perversions.

They did make themselves gay, when they touched another man's genitals in a sexual way, or allowed someone to do it to them. Whether they had some sort of birth defect that mixed up their desires or had some social, familial problem is immaterial. Gay is as gay does.

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
I stole this from someone else from the book of face, who stole it from someone else and so on and so on and so on...

"the next time someone quotes the Bible in regards to homosexuality, you should use this, as a way proving that what was written obviously changes with time. I am a Christian, but I am also an open-minded person who believes that love is love, regardless of gender. So here ya go:

1.) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odour for the Lord (Lev. 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odour is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

2.) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

3.) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev. 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

4.) Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

5.) I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

6.) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination (Lev. 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

7.) Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

8.) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev.19:27. How should they die?

9.) I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10.) My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? (Lev.24:10-16) Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev.20:14)"

From the ever popular Wikipedia:

"A 2002 survey in the United States by National Center for Health Statistics found that 1.8 percent of men ages 18–44 considered themselves bisexual, 2.3 percent homosexual, and 3.9 percent as "something else". The same study found that 2.8 percent of women ages 18–44 considered themselves bisexual, 1.3 percent homosexual, and 3.8 percent as "something else".[25] The Janus Report on Sexual Behavior, published in 1993, showed that 5 percent of men and 3 percent of women consider themselves bisexual and 4 percent of men and 2 percent of women considered themselves homosexual.[25] The 'Health' section of The New York Times stated that "1.5 percent of American women and 1.7 percent of American men identify themselves [as] bisexual."[17]

A 2007 report said that 14.4% of young US women identified themselves as bisexual/lesbian, with 5.6% of the men identifying as gay or bisexual.[26] A study in the journal Biological Psychology in 2011 reported that there were men who identify themselves as bisexuals and who were aroused by both men and women.[27]

Dr. Alfred Kinsey's 1948 work Sexual Behavior in the Human Male found that "46% of the male population had engaged in both heterosexual and homosexual activities, or 'reacted to' persons of both sexes, in the course of their adult lives".[28] Kinsey himself disliked the use of the term bisexual to describe individuals who engage in sexual activity with both males and females, preferring to use "bisexual" in its original, biological sense as hermaphroditic: "Until it is demonstrated [that] taste in a sexual relation is dependent upon the individual containing within his anatomy both male and female structures, or male and female physiological capacities, it is unfortunate to call such individuals bisexual" (Kinsey et al., 1948, p. 657).[29] Dr. Fritz Klein believed that social and emotional attraction are very important elements in bisexual attraction (note this is only talking about bisexuality, not homosexuality or heterosexuality). One third of the men in each group showed no significant arousal. The study did not claim them to be asexual, and Rieger stated that their lack of response did not change the overall findings."

46%, huh? Time to pop back over to my facebook page and make a list of suspects from my friends list...;)

Last edited:

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Yes, I thought that piece satirizing the OT was amusing, too, but the author lacks knowledge about the Bible. He or she disregards the difference between moral law that is perpetual and ceremonial law, which has been fulfilled and abridged. Homosexual acts are also condemned in the New Testament.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I stole this from someone else from the book of face, who stole it from someone else and so on and so on and so on...

"the next time someone quotes the Bible in regards to homosexuality, you should use this, as a way proving that what was written obviously changes with time. I am a Christian, but I am also an open-minded person who believes that love is love, regardless of gender. So here ya go:

1.) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odour for the Lord (Lev. 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odour is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

2.) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

3.) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev. 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

4.) Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

5.) I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

6.) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination (Lev. 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

7.) Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

8.) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev.19:27. How should they die?

9.) I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10.) My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? (Lev.24:10-16) Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev.20:14)"

From the ever popular Wikipedia:

"A 2002 survey in the United States by National Center for Health Statistics found that 1.8 percent of men ages 18–44 considered themselves bisexual, 2.3 percent homosexual, and 3.9 percent as "something else". The same study found that 2.8 percent of women ages 18–44 considered themselves bisexual, 1.3 percent homosexual, and 3.8 percent as "something else".[25] The Janus Report on Sexual Behavior, published in 1993, showed that 5 percent of men and 3 percent of women consider themselves bisexual and 4 percent of men and 2 percent of women considered themselves homosexual.[25] The 'Health' section of The New York Times stated that "1.5 percent of American women and 1.7 percent of American men identify themselves [as] bisexual."[17]

A 2007 report said that 14.4% of young US women identified themselves as bisexual/lesbian, with 5.6% of the men identifying as gay or bisexual.[26] A study in the journal Biological Psychology in 2011 reported that there were men who identify themselves as bisexuals and who were aroused by both men and women.[27]

Dr. Alfred Kinsey's 1948 work Sexual Behavior in the Human Male found that "46% of the male population had engaged in both heterosexual and homosexual activities, or 'reacted to' persons of both sexes, in the course of their adult lives".[28] Kinsey himself disliked the use of the term bisexual to describe individuals who engage in sexual activity with both males and females, preferring to use "bisexual" in its original, biological sense as hermaphroditic: "Until it is demonstrated [that] taste in a sexual relation is dependent upon the individual containing within his anatomy both male and female structures, or male and female physiological capacities, it is unfortunate to call such individuals bisexual" (Kinsey et al., 1948, p. 657).[29] Dr. Fritz Klein believed that social and emotional attraction are very important elements in bisexual attraction (note this is only talking about bisexuality, not homosexuality or heterosexuality). One third of the men in each group showed no significant arousal. The study did not claim them to be asexual, and Rieger stated that their lack of response did not change the overall findings."

46%, huh? Time to pop back over to my facebook page and make a list of suspects from my friends list...;)

The stuff involving the books of Exodus and Leviticus are gay propaganda used as just one more attack on religion and is one more piece of evidence that their real agenda is to bully and attack. If you don't understand why I'll give you a hint. Where are they located in the Bible?

Kinsey did at best questionable research, which included using disproportionate numbers of gays in his research. Oh and if you want to see real discrimination bring up bi sexuals in the gay community, for the most part bi sexuals are attacked by gays.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The stuff involving the books of Exodus and Leviticus are gay propaganda used as just one more attack on religion and is one more piece of evidence that their real agenda is to bully and attack. If you don't understand why I'll give you a hint. Where are they located in the Bible?

Kinsey did at best questionable research, which included using disproportionate numbers of gays in his research. Oh and if you want to see real discrimination bring up bi sexuals in the gay community, for the most part bi sexuals are attacked by gays.

so 2 chapters of the Bible are just for bullying and propaganda?

Exodus 35:2 (King James Version)

paullud

Veteran Expediter
so 2 chapters of the Bible are just for bullying and propaganda?

Exodus 35:2 (King James Version)

They are both from the Old Testament, the laws from these books no longer apply. The activists are intentionally misleading people and attacking religion.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
But, but, but... the Bible says....

"Irrelevant. I don't like what it says in that part. I like this part better. The Bible is like a buffet - you don't have to eat everything, you can just pick what you like."

Ah, got it.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
They are both from the Old Testament, the laws from these books no longer apply. The activists are intentionally misleading people and attacking religion.

So we can now just toss Genesis out and all believe we came from apes?.....good to know....someone best tell Adam and Eve they are fired...
I am convinced it is not only the activists trying to mislead the people....
It is the sects of religions that are twisting the Book of Life around to fit their own agendas...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am going to bed now..I'll be talking aka praying to my God..from the Temple of my heart...that everyone has a goodnight and if driving have a safe journey...

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter

The post indicates where each reference is located.

I do notice the convenient picking and choosing of parts of the Bible to support arguments for or against a myriad of topics. I also was raised in the Christisan faith, in which I was taught to believe the OT basically laid the foundation for the NT.

However the premise of my previous post was tongue-in-cheek; yet hitting a nerve or two I suppose.

Kinsey may not be the end all be all, but he did open a door on a big old closet we can no longer close. Maybe we aren't supposed to.

Back to my fb list, I have found about 10 potentials. That means I am only up to about 11%. More work to do...brb.

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums

paullud

Veteran Expediter
So we can now just toss Genesis out and all believe we came from apes?.....good to know....someone best tell Adam and Eve they are fired...
I am convinced it is not only the activists trying to mislead the people....
It is the sects of religions that are twisting the Book of Life around to fit their own agendas...

It doesn't mean that the Old Testament is just thrown out. I said the laws no longer apply to Christians. Just Google Old vs New Testament and there are plenty of articles that explain the covenants.