Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The price of Tatoo

6ca8e531b20f96cb98f67563e9e3b024.jpg

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I really don't like their ad they do at least once per show now. The price of a free van I know but it's sort of annoying.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
It's called product placement.
When an actor drinks a Pepsi, it's because they outbid Coke.
Not much happens by chance anymore.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Danielle said. " let's load up the Transit Connect ". .... Really?

Yes. I think I'd say "let's load it in the van" not "let's load it in the Transit Connect" or "let's load it in the Ram Promaster" or whatever.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
If they gave you a new van to drive I think you'd be glad to say "Let's go load the TC. I've got to stop and fuel the TC before Me and the TC take your freight west."

It's annoying to hear the Nascar guys talk about the Pepsi Chevrolet did an awesome today. That's the new world we live in.
Also, not the biggest problem most of us have to deal with on a daily basis.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I understand it. I just acknowledged it for what it is and that it is happening.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
After I looked at the price of a fully loaded Transit with diesel engine, I would definitely buy a Sprinter for 1000 more. Who wants to buy a Transit for a close to Sprinter price?

Sent from my SM-G900P using EO Forums mobile app

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
After I looked at the price of a fully loaded Transit with diesel engine, I would definitely buy a Sprinter for 1000 more. Who wants to buy a Transit for a close to Sprinter price?

Sent from my SM-G900P using EO Forums mobile app

Some are thinking less cost of maintaining the Transit..and EVERY part will be in stock.....LOL

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter

Me, if I were in the market. Not sure about on "day one", but I'm betting pretty soon replacement parts will be much more readily available than Sprinter parts.
Now, I should note that I have NO experience with Sprinters or their parts. So my opinion means squat, here. Heck, my opinion might as well be written on toilet paper much of the time. ;)

kg

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Owner/Operator
I talked with a Ford dealership over the weekend in South Carolina about Transits. They claim it will be the end of the year or early next year before the vans start arriving to their dealership.

With Ford not producing the Econoline, and the trouble GM is having with deliveries to dealers, it will be tough to get vans for a while.

Stay safe
KG

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I would have to talk to my insurance people to compare Transit vs Sprinter. The insurance rates might affect my final decision.

How many thousand Ford dealers are there in the U.S. and Canada in case of needing service? How many dozen Sprinter dealers are there?

I would have to drive both and I'd probably sit in the cab for a little while to compare the 'livability' of the two. An awful lot of life is spent in that cab.

5000 miles of free fuel wouldn't be a deal maker or deal breaker but given the choice I'd rather have the 5000 miles of free fuel.

Given the stated scenario the Ford would have to sell me on the Sprinter for the Sprinter to get the nod.

guido4475

Not a Member
Some are thinking less cost of maintaining the Transit..and EVERY part will be in stock.....LOL

Didn't you once tell me that you were told from a guy at Claycomo Ford that they said most of their Transit parts were going to be made in the U.S. now because of logistical problems?

If that was the case, wouldn't parts availability not be a problem for dealers, since parts may be made here?

And, of course, instead of talking about we know nothing about so far, just heresy, we could just wait and see......lol...