Naming Bad Fleet Owners

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have to ask this;

How many owners are there out in this industry who actually act as bad as some drivers make them out as?

10?

20?

No way to tell. Every story you read in here as many sides and we seldom get the "rest of the story".

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I think Greg would make a heck of a fleet owner...

The original Mr Grump...

He'd keep it strictly business..he is not looking for a new chat buddy..but an income source that would be you the driver...
He'd keep the equipment operational and he'd expect you the driver to be just as professional....

It is not a personality contest...it is business...you don't have to even like each other....so many try to personalize and they get so offended when an owner is too busy just to shoot the breeze....

Who says you have to be a "Mr. Grump" to be a good fleet owner? It is entirely possible to be friendly AND professional. I have had MANY business dealings that were both friendly AND professional. I would HATE to drive for a "grump". Life is far too short to deal with "grumps" on a regular basis.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well good for you and the Mrs....:D

Just wait!! When I get home the next time I am going to make a HUGE pot of homemade chicken soup!! Let's see, you start with 10 pounds of necks and backs, then, ........................... mmmmmmmmm!! REAL LIFE!!! :D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
In my years..I've met a few fleet owners and the "other" side of the story is amazing....the quality of driver sure has dropped as well....

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Nope..never had the honour.

God, will you stop with adding the 'U'.

Well maybe we need to stick to the serious subject of owners screwing drivers and the naming of those owners so you two should get out of your truck/van and find an owner to get that experience.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Well maybe we need to stick to the serious subject of owners screwing drivers and the naming of those owners so you two should get out of your truck/van and find an owner to get that experience.

Which two? My NEXT step MIGHT be to become only an "owner". I have no intention of ever driving for someone else again. Been there, done that. No need to do that again.

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter

LOL nothing wrong with the 'U' in honour at all :D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Hey 9 yrs in Canada JuJu could not put the U in colour either...

I'll pass on being a driver..I am too grumpy for that..

Wolfie62

Seasoned Expediter
Well, I would like to see a "This Happened To Me" type of post, where one omits specific names, just to relate facts of the offense. There are so many pitfalls in this business. For example, my wife and I rented a car one-way, 700 miles, to pick up the truck from the owner. We were at a disadvantage to start with; when we saw the truck, we realized it had many "needs". We spent the next 5 months being micro-managed and "fixing as we went". By the time we had had enough, the truck was in pristine condition and the owners made out like bandits.

Many lessons learned here.

See--no names, but lessons learned to pass on.......

MANIAC

Seasoned Expediter
It's real simple! Just Post a warning about an owner, don't name names and just have all interested private message the person that posted the warning and they can give the info that way! ;)

Reactions: 1 person

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I think bad owners and bad drivers alike should be named. That'll keep the admins on their toes. :D

hwteam

Seasoned Expediter
I guess what I find odd is that Phil with a wife who claims to be an attorney, would even pose the question in the first place? I would think they would have already known the answer to this question.
Then again, maybe they are ready to fill the golden pot for the "EO defense fund".

"Claims" implies they are lieing.

Ever think it's a suggestion to spark some positive debate. Instead of the same crap that gets posted over and over ??