My Hino Nightmare

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Luckily today was slow so I didn't mess out on much.....But I sure raised hell at Penske today:mad:

14Wheeler

Seasoned Expediter
Without a doubt.......you are the most patient person i've ever read about. Seeing as this has been a never-ending story and the problems continuing to occur......i'd freak at the thought of waking each day wondering if my vehicle could produce an income. Hoping things go better for you in the future.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Not sure what I'll do at this point. I will hang on to this loaner as long as I am able. I don't want to go back into this truck, the history has soured it for me even if they do finally fix it.
my patience has ended...

smokn72ss

Seasoned Expediter
man I am so sorry your still havign issues with that hunk of crap hino. I thoguth that was solved months ago .. sounds liek your about readdy to tell them to shove it and you;ll hear from my laywer .. lol
I hope you get out of your lease and they need to take that truck back to hino on the lemon law ...

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Dakota,
When they told you to bring it back, I would have told them to come and get it. It is not just the problem of having to endanger yourself by driving a defective vehicle that is barely drivable but the point that they could do a bit more to ensure that nothing else happens.

Isn't there an account manager you can talk to? I would tell them you lost too much money and you need a new truck. I wouldn't be so nice, especially after having the same issues pop up.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think along the lines as Greg..you've been more then patient with Penske..time for you to get tough...hard nose even.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
If they call me up an tell me the truck is fixed and done, I will not get back into that truck, I am done with it. I have lost so much time and money messing with this truck it's not even funny. I leased a truck so I wouldn't have to worry so much with breakdowns, I know breakdowns happen to everyone at one time or another, but eight weeks of shop time in one year is excessive. The day they call me to come pick up the truck and turn in my loaner is the day I tell the leasing rep and tell him the ball is in his court, out of the truck, out of the lease, or get me a new truck, and if none of those are an option then I will contact an attorney. Leasing is not a cheap way to own a truck and I wonder if I would have been better off buying one at this point. I think it's pretty much a wash, but until I have at least 10K in savings for breakdowns, tires, maintenance I wouldn't consider owning a straight truck. Meanwhile, I am shopping around for lease rates at other companies, ryder, paclease,idealease, freightliner etc.
We shall see how Penske deals with this, I sincerely hope it doesn't go the attorney route, I don't have the time to mess with all that, but I may be forced to. Bottom line is I am done with the truck.
I have been patient and nice, because that is who I am, maybe I should let them deal with my Wife, she tells it like it is with NO B.S. hehehe

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Dakota,
Why wait?

I would be on the phone as soon as it hit the shop telling them I refuse to take it back, find me another one.

This is a business, Penske makes millions off of these leases and can adsorb the cost of putting you in a new(er) truck without hesitation. The key may be if the lease rep is a commission reptile or one who cares about customers.

Again, I will speak about the importance in establishing a relationship with a lawyer before you need one. Leo's engine problems and Dakota's truck problems seem both to need solid legal advice and someone to kick the companies in the a** over these issues.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
I told Penske I am not getting back in that truck.......stay tuned for a preview of the next episode of days of our lives

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
The Hino is being decommissioned, maybe it's next job will be a boat anchor. I feel sorry for the next person that buys it:(