My 2015 Ford Transit Experience

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
Twice you have stated that you have the receipts to prove your mpg claim. Can one infer from this that you are actually calculating your mpg based on fill to fill and not data from an on-board computer?

The Promaster I drive only contains me as the on board computer... nothing from the factory.

in-Transit

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Give it a year or two and we will see.... OVM myself and a few others will STILL be driving our then million mile sprinters ;) !
I'm anxious to see how they pan out , and how this 4 cylinder sprinter holds up too!

Sent from my flying circus

Last edited:

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The floor length is 14' 3" on the extended body. I figure 12' for 3 skids and 2' for my comfort stuff. I've been talking to 3 different local dealers and every one of them will sell me a Transit for dealer invoice, give me the $500 rebate Ford is offering and a $1,500 contractors credit package to outfit the van or take the discount off. That comes in about $4,000 - $5,000 below what the window sticker shows. Mine will have a $40K sticker and I'll pay right between $34-35K.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Give it a year or two and we will see.... OVM myself and a few others will STILL be driving our then million mile sprinters ;) !
I'm anxious to see how they pan out , and how this 4 cylinder sprinter holds up too!

Replacing a complete engine resets the clock IMO.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

That is something I have been wondering about. How many miles would you expect to get out of these gas engines, and the cost to replace them? Is there any info out there on this?

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Tell me when you are at the shop next. I have the reciepts with me. I'll put $5,000 on this one. Got the cash big boy?

I drive one myself... a 159" wb extended 3500. Anyone that is willing to put up cash can call me a liar... temporarily.

I stated what others have told me nothing more. The one driving slower was getting good mpg.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
I stated what others have told me nothing more. The one driving slower was getting good mpg.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A

If a driver of mine was only getting 17 miles per gallon in one of my Promasters, I would kick him in the arse as hard as I could and fire him at the same time

guido4475

Not a Member
It has also a regen button or switch so you can munually regeneration the dpf filter

Sent from my LG-D950 using EO Forums mobile app

I know I'm going to catch hell for this, but, what the heck, as one gets older, they care less and less......

Another name for that "regen button" is the "Todd button".....lmao......

guido4475

Not a Member
LOL....no real need Bill....I am just exacting some revenge here ....for all the Sprinter haters I've had to read here....hahaha

I am going to pick this Ford apart like a buzzard picking a carcas...lol

I really wish you and all that follow the best of luck on your purchase...:)

Do you think the Transit will come with the Sprinter "Rust acceleration" package????...lol..

Reactions: 21cExp

guido4475

Not a Member
Twice you have stated that you have the receipts to prove your mpg claim. Can one infer from this that you are actually calculating your mpg based on fill to fill and not data from an on-board computer?

A very good question and point.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
That is something I have been wondering about. How many miles would you expect to get out of these gas engines, and the cost to replace them? Is there any info out there on this?

Last Chevy 4.8 sold it w 750,000

Sent from my SM-G900V using EO Forums mobile app

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I call b.s on the mileage there's no way you're AVERAGING 21 MPG, met multiple drivers with podcasters highest I've ever heard was an occasional here and there low 19's but hey maybe you got a special one lol?!
People fill up, get on the highway and drive hundreds of miles and then fill up again, and that's the mileage they report. If you want accurate mile per gallon, take the odometer reading from the most recent full up, and then divide that by the total amount of fuel that's been put into the tank from the very first gallon.

Last edited:

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The Promaster I drive only contains me as the on board computer... nothing from the factory.
I find the fill to fill method, over a long period of time to be the most accurate. When the pump shuts off I round up to the next dollar. If it is over xx.50 I'll go to the next dollar and then add one more. There may be some slight variations but after more than 62,000 fills I feel my mpg figures are pretty accurate.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
People full up, get on the highway and drive hundreds of miles and then fill up again, and that's the mileage they report. If you want accurate mile per gallon, take the odometer reading from the most recent full up, and then divide that by the total amount of fuel that's been put into the tank from the very first gallon.
What's the difference as long its the cumulative miles and gallons at the end of the vehicles life?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
What's the difference as long its the cumulative miles and gallons at the end of the vehicles life?
The difference is, one is cumulative miles and gallons at the end of the vehicle's life, and the other is highway mileage only.

People tend to report their "average" MPG after they've filled up and near-immediately gotten on the Interstate and driven highway miles until they need fuel again, and report the result of that fillup. If they've idled much, or driven in heavy traffic, city traffic especially, the just ignore that and only deal with highway mileage.