My 10,000th post

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I made it :)

Wow ... I have 10,000 posts on EO!

It's my time to shine!

For my 10,000th post I want to thank Lawrence, Dale and the EO staff for putting up with me for this long. I still can't figure out why but hey it good enough for me.

I want to thank Phil for his inpatients and putting me on his ignore list, the first and only person that has done that in my years using this Internet thing. AND He also announced to the world I am a failure, which got to say that I disappointed you Phil because I'm not - still have the truck and going back on the road.

And thanks to most of the members out there for all kinds of things, from helping me out when I needed help to giving good advice to all who ask.

Why 10,000 posts?

I don't know, I think many of thI think it is inflated by the migration to the new forum software but who knows. em are single line comments or comebacks, but I know the few million bytes and bits out there in EO land have my name on them.

I know my fan club (real names withheld for legal reasons) pointed out the fact I was trying to get as many posts to get that number up high so I can say “Haha I got the most posts” to others but that's not really why I have that many posts.

It is not the largest number of posts I ever had on a forum, but it is getting there. That record is 17,232 and counting but I won't tell you where that forum is or what language it is in so my fan club won't follow me and act like idiots.

For the record I do have a lot of time on my hands in the past year, most of it has to do with family issues. But I also write a lot and engage people when and where I can, not so much while I am in my truck anymore. I also have done a lot of things in my life like a lot of the members here and enjoy using that experience in my posts.

I make OK money off of this Internet thing, not a lot but enough to pay the byte rental at the end of the month for the byte transfer and storage apparatus at the Internet emporium. Especially in the last few months of sitting around dealing with one family issue called a mother-in -law, I had time to explore other side work options.

Believe it or not there are a few EO members who do actually read my work outside of EO and know what I have done but overall I don't like to advertise where the work sits or who pays me to write (the latter is important to me). I keep all of it separate from open forums for a reason, I hate fan clubs and as many of you saw in their posts they seem jealous - and now I know who each of them is thanks to their big mouths.

I haven't use EO as a spring board to promote the five blogs or the forum I own/run, it is not always right to do even though a lot of people say it is and some like to make it a practice to make their blog or forum the place for information instead.

What matters is this community, and it is not like the others I belong to, there is something more here and that's maybe why I have 10,000 posts so far.

One day I will actually stop in and say hi to the EO staff at their HQ, instead of sitting in the parking lot playing van man. That day I was having too much fun testing out a Sprinter killer, a Ford Transit, it was just too much fun beating the thing up on the road for a few days.

Just to reiterate a bunch of suggestions I have made in the past;

The first one has to do with what I posted in the Newbie's forum, please Lawrence/Dale take a serious look at my suggestion and I hope you work toward that. I may add another one soon if I am up to the process (which is looking at the thread, reading through it, copy the link and paste it into a doc file). Read the second post and see what I am saying.

Second thing is put the actual join date on the person's profile, the month is nice but... Have anyone at EO thought of changing the person's title, instead of “senior member”, how about some fun titles, it is not hard to do, simple code work with Sql.

The third thing is don't congratulate me for this, just help people with the EO spirit.

OK I'm done shining now, it's someone else's turn.

mypie

Seasoned Expediter
You can kindly stop posting now. I for one would come visit EO more frequently if you did not voice your one sided, arrogant opinions so frequently. Its like you have no life but EO!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
You can kindly stop posting now. I for one would come visit EO more frequently if you did not voice your one sided, arrogant opinions so frequently. Its like you have no life but EO!

You have NO excuse not to visit more Mypie....;)

There is an ignore function in your user CP//top left and Greg will almost disappear and you will not be subjected to his posts....:rolleyes:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Nah OVM, I understand where she is coming from, it is typical for people to be jelious that they haven't reached out of the cab of life.

But if she shys away from EO because of me, then that says an awful lot ... Sad :(

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nah OVM, I understand where she is coming from, it is typical for people to be jelious that they haven't reached out of the cab of life.

But if she shys away from EO because of me, then that says an awful lot ... Sad :(

I've heard a few that have told me they'd visit more but different people turn them off....or they don't like the crap in the soapbox...well darn no one twists their mouse to click on it....

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
They are being FORCED to visit the soapbox, OVM, they are victims of the evil computer dictator!!!

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Whew gllad my computer is not evil, it lets me read the post's and if I have something to add I do, if I don't I don't.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
WOW FastMan1!! You mean that YOU are in control of what you read and answer? Interesting concept!! :D

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines

That was not nice. You need to read the rules of EO. It's say no bashing or flaming someone on EO

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wow 10,000 posts! I only need 6862 posts to catch up to you. Congratulations!

copdsux

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
From the "Big Book" of AA: "There is a principle which is a bar to all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance---
that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

No matter which end of the political spectrum you fall into, you owe to yourself to look at all sides of the presentation. You may not be changed by what you read, but you will be more informed.

For example, I may never agree with Layout on any number of subjects, but I read everything he posts. On certain subjects, I have learned something from the reading. With
Chef, not so much.

So, if you want to stay ignorant of what is going on, in the "real" world, use that function that allows you to block the members you want to ignore.

Mike

Reactions: 1 person

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

There's a couple members I wonder the same thing about, but would never even consider posting such comments. [That's what private msgs are for;)]
Totally out of line, IMO.:(

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter

Ward,don't you think you were being a little rough on the Beave?