Middle schooler gets lap dance from teacher

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
She is much closer to the situation than you are and probably knows more of the facts. Come to think of it isn't it mostly grown up males who have screwed up so much around us already?

Sent from my - Fisher Price ABC - 123

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
She is much closer to the situation than you are and probably knows more of the facts. Come to think of it isn't it mostly grown up males who have screwed up so much around us already?

Like Hillary? How much did SHE screw up?

Would you be comfortable if YOU had a 13 or 14 year old daughter, in a class with boys of the same age, having a teacher allow a long running joke about lap dances, strippers etc, and then "pretending" to do a lap dance? If you would, I pity your daughter.

Where are all the women's libbers? Women being looked at as lap dancers? OMG!

Last edited:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't want to take this further off track but that made no sense.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I still have not heard one valid argument how this was the responsible, adult, actions of a public employee who's wages are paid for by tax dollars. What part of "smart" did her actions put forth?

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ah the old post edit. Your ignoring facts, it wasn't a girl it was a boy and we all know of the huge difference between the two. Attempting to change the gender to make an example is ignoring biology thus a false argument.

If, big if here if what was reported is true she is guilty of acting stoopid. To try and make her out to be a molester or calling her a pig is nothing but an exaggeration based on a news article.

If the boy was reading your comments he would be laughing all the way to the yearbook photo of the teacher.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ah the old post edit. Your ignoring facts, it wasn't a girl it was a boy and we all know of the huge difference between the two. Attempting to change the gender to make an example is ignoring biology thus a false argument.

If, big if here if what was reported is true she is guilty of acting stoopid. To try and make her out to be a molester or calling her a pig is nothing but an exaggeration based on a news article.

If the boy was reading your comments he would be laughing all the way to the yearbook photo of the teacher.

Sorry, I THOUGHT I got the edit in BEFORE anyone read it. I was NOT trying to play that game. Not my style

I still ask, would you be comfortable if you had a daughter in that classroom?

Is that what you would wish a girl of that age to be exposed too? What if you had a son? Would it be OK with you then?

I believe that, at best, it was irresponsible, at worst, criminal. In NO way right or excusable.

She WAS a pig. I can't use the "other words" that would discribe her actions, I would be banned. although, I don't know why, taking what that "teacher" did into consideration.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
15 year old kids today are not naive and pretending different doesn't make it so. Calling her a pig means you now have complete trust in journalists, I will remember that in the future.

Sure in a way I wish kids were still coming home and turning on leave it to beaver, :eek: but that's not gonna happen.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
15 year old kids today are not naive and pretending different doesn't make it so. Calling her a pig means you now have complete trust in journalists, I will remember that in the future.

Sure in a way I wish kids were still coming home and turning on leave it to beaver, :eek: but that's not gonna happen.

Kids today MAY know a bit more biology, but not more responsibility. There is FAR more to sex than "knowing how to do it". Age appropiate comes into play. So does the ability to accept the responsiblity of your actions. Killing a healthy fetus is not responsible, it is avoidance. Paying to cure a STD, at the expense of the tax payer is not responsible. Passing on AIDS is not responsible.

This is NOT a "morality" thing, it is plain, old fashioned, common sense.

Again, how happy would YOU be IF you had a son, or daughter, (I see no difference between the two) in a coeducational class, where a long running "joke" about a stripper (teacher) giving a lap dance to an under aged, CHILD, was allowed to go on? Would you REALLY be OK with that?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
How would people feel IF a teacher were to describe the "act" as "love making" between a married man and woman or a "committed" adult couple? Can you even IMAGINE the outrage?

Sex ed, in school, SHOULD be neutral. Not moral, immoral, or amoral. JUST biology. Segregated, sex wise to avoid those problems, which are real, whether one believes they should be or not.

The rest is the resonsiblity of parents.

TEACHING lap dancing is wrong.

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What about the problems that parents of kids in that, so called classroom, would have if they decided, which is without a doubt their right, to remove their children from an unprofessional atmospere?

I mean, come on, there just cannot be ANYONE who believes that this "teacher" behaved in a responsible, adult, professional manner.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Good night. The movie, "It came from beneath the sea" just came on. That is FAR more "adult" than this teacher was. I will watch that. So long, good bye.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
This is NOT a "morality" thing, it is plain, old fashioned, common sense.
It's a plain, ol' "I've got the vapors" overreaction based on limited information.

Again, how happy would YOU be IF you had a son, or daughter, (I see no difference between the two) in a coeducational class, where a long running "joke" about a stripper (teacher) giving a lap dance to an under aged, CHILD, was allowed to go on? Would you REALLY be OK with that?
You keep asking that question almost like you believe it's relevant. It doesn't matter whether or not we on EO are OK with it, it matters whether the actual parents of the actual kids in the class are OK with it, and considering those parents turned out in force at the school in support of the teacher, you've got your relevant answer.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Neither will the people here who have passed judgement without knowing the facts.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
15 year old kids today are not naive and pretending different doesn't make it so. ... Sure in a way I wish kids were still coming home and turning on leave it to beaver, :eek: but that's not gonna happen.
Indeed ... in most cases, far, far from it ...

Your reference to "Leave It To Beaver" provides a good illustration of how that is so:

LITB is probably still on the tube somewhere as a rerun ... but it's far more likely that most kids today are more familiar with much more racy fare ... if not from tv, then from their peers ...

When I was growing up there was a considerable difference in terms of being "street-wise" between those who lived in the city and those who were growing up in suburban or rural areas ...

From what I can gather that difference has narrowed considerably - at least in some respects - probably as a consequence of both tv and the internet.

And the only way a parent will ever know exactly how street-wise their children are is if they have fairly open lines of communication with them. In my experience, parents who are inclined to exert complete authoritarian control over "Little Johnny" or "Little Jane" (usually as a consequence of their own self-righteous morality) rarely - if ever - have such honest relationships.

While I would say that what this teacher did was certainly in poor taste given where it occurred, and unwise considering her position, it's a real stretch to label it as anything remotely predatory from what I've read ...

As a young man who was rather rebellious in high school, I was inclined to push the envelope just a bit ... which included wearing blue jeans which were ripped, torn, and had holes in them ... including a pair where there were a couple of holes were right on the keister ...

How I got away with it for as long as I did I'll never know.

Anyways, I had a language teacher who was rather young (30 or so mebbe) and I thought quite pretty ... I was, to some extent, her pet in that she sorta liked me ... but that was complicated by the fact I was a troublemaker in her classes, at least to some degree or another.

I'll never forget the day I was walking down the hall and she came up behind me and stuck one of her fingers through one of those holes onto my jockey shorts covered butt and said something or another in suggestive manner.

Had anyone else seen or heard of it I'm sure that it would have eventually engendered moral outrage from the terminally self-righteous prigs ...

While there might have been more to it, it really was to some degree just an admonishment for wearing such ratty clothes to school.

I somehow managed to survive this ordeal ... although I suppose it's at least somewhat arguable as to whether I was "permanently damaged" by it ... ;)

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
It is a fact the parents will not decide this teacher's fate. Just because some parents instinctively rally around her means nothing. O.J. Simpson got unqualified support as well. Reverend Al Sharpton plays this game.

If the allegations reported are true, she's gone. The school board cannot give Ms. Smith a free pass if facts bear out the allegations. The school board's legal team and the local prosecutor have reviewed the evidence available and acted upon it.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
All Sharpton? Really? Who is leading this teacher's cause?

No the parents won't decide her fate, but they are certainly closer to the situation than is anyone else outside looking in. Yes, the school board's legal team and prosecutor reviewed it, and it was so tawdry and salacious that it took then two months to act and remove her from the classroom Kids get suspended same day for biting into a Pop Tart wrong.

Oh, and I think you mean, a climate has been allegedly cultivated over time where such alleged tawdry exhibitions take place. The fact that a lap dance occurred is not even in dispute. What is in question is the type and context. How impartial, or Puritanical one is, will decide that question.