Middle schooler gets lap dance from teacher

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't care if it was a "long running joke". It is AT BEST VERY poor judgement on the part of what SHOULD be an adult in a position of authority. There is no "right" about it and she SHOULD, at the very least, be fired. People who have that little judgement have no business teaching kids or in any sort of position of authority.

Just because some "support" her does not make it smart, right or good judgement. LOTS of people today excuse all kinds of crap that there is no excuse for.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I don't care if it was a "long running joke". It is AT BEST VERY poor judgement on the part of what SHOULD be an adult in a position of authority. There is no "right" about it and she SHOULD, at the very least, be fired. People who have that little judgement have no business teaching kids or in any sort of position of authority.
That's because in your mind she gave the exact equivalent of a lap dance that someone would get at a gentleman's club or like you see in the movies. That doesn't appear at all to be the case.

Just because some "support" her does not make it smart, right or good judgement. LOTS of people today excuse all kinds of crap that there is no excuse for.
No, it doesn't make it smart, right or good judgement, but it does lend considerable context indicating that it might not be the shocking, tawdry, lewdy lap dance that the pure-as-the-driven-snow press has made it out to be.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That's because in your mind she gave the exact equivalent of a lap dance that someone would get at a gentleman's club or like you see in the movies. That doesn't appear at all to be the case.

No, it doesn't make it smart, right or good judgement, but it does lend considerable context indicating that it might not be the shocking, tawdry, lewdy lap dance that the pure-as-the-driven-snow press has made it out to be.

Just the "fact", if that is the case, that this "teacher" would allow a "long running joke" about lap dancing in a middle school classroom shows her to be unprofessional at the very best. That is NOT proper behavior for a professional teacher at ANY level, below college. Even in college it could never be considered "professional". One of the primary responsibilities of a teacher is to insure and maintain a supportive environment for learning. There is NO possible way for that to take place, in middle school, in a coeducational setting, if she were to allow that to continue.

At lot, as to how "lewd" or not would depend on what is seen on that video. Then again, there should NEVER be cell phones allowed in a class room setting.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
The school district could face serious legal liability if it is believed improper conduct happened between an adult teacher and a minor child. The local prosecutor, having reviewed any evidence, decided to go forth with criminal charges against Ms. Smith. Removing Ms. Smith from the classroom was the safe and prudent move. While due process goes forth, her removal ensures no further potential harm to students and demonstrates the school board takes these matters in a serious vein. To do nothing sends mixed signals about what kind of behavior is acceptable in the classroom.

Safe to say, Ms. Smith has performed her last classroom lap dance for a student. Moreover, her teaching career may be over. Don't like the laws on the books? Change the law.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
She should be removed. What ever happened to gentile? Can you imagine the NATIONAL uproar if it was NOT a lap dance and instead she was praying the Lord's prayer? OMG! better she had done the kid than pray!

letsdrive

Seasoned Expediter
So just curious boy getting lap dance is "improper relationship" as opposed a guy at strip club getting lap dance is socially acceptable what's the difference

Sent from my SPH-L520 using EO Forums mobile app

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Some of the responses are very telling although not too surprising. And I'm sure some won't figure out which is which.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
fun_zps926dd77a.gif

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The child is a child, the teacher is an adult. HUGE difference. I EXPECT children to mess up. For an adult, this was a no brainer. She was 100% at fault here, no possible valid excuses out there for her. Burning at the stake would be a good idea. For the kid? Whuoop his butt.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

OH so wrong my friend. There is a HUGE difference and you know it. There is NO valid reason for the behavior of this "teacher". In today's world, she is a PIG. She SHOULD have known better. She is an adult. She SHOULD act like it.

How about fatal STD'S? What about young girls getting knocked up? It's OK, no need for "values". Kill the fetus and national health will pay for the AIDS drugs.

This has NOTHING to do with "values" and EVERYTHING to do with the idea that keeping it in your pants when you are a kid is smart. Not because "GOD" said so. NOT because the "CHURCH" said so, but because 15 year olds are NOT prepared to deal with such adult issues. THAT teacher SHOULD have been IN control, got the class under control, and taught the class she was hired, and paid, to teach.

This was NOT prostitution 101.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You have NO IDEA in what context that it happened in that classroom, and yet now she's a pig, a prostitute, and is handing out STDs. That's what Puritanical hypocrisy gets us. And that's what that cartoon represents.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You have NO IDEA in what context that it happened in that classroom, and yet now she's a pig, a prostitute, and is handing out STDs. That's what Puritanical hypocrisy gets us. And that's what that cartoon represents.

Nope, wrong, and you know it. BUT, it is fun!

I own guns. Owning guns requires acting RESPONSIBLE.

The damage that my guns, if handled in a irresponsible manner, can bring, PAILS in the face of what an irresponsible teacher could do.

You cannot give me ONE bit of proof how she acted in the manner that a responsible adult should act.

She was 100% unprofessional.

IF she was to, HEAVEN FORBID, Pray in class, the outrage would be unreal. HOW DARE AN ADULT PUT FORTH THEIR IDEAS ON MORALS! BUT! It IS OK for an "adult" to put forth ideas that many consider to be IMMORAL!

How would YOU feel, if you had a 15 year old daughter, being taught, that a lap dance was OKEE DOKEE in a middle school class room? Is lap dancing OKEE Dokee way to spend tax dollars? I DON'T THINK SO! I doubt you do either.

This was, not even considering morals or common sense, at best, STUPID! Teachers are paid to teach a subject, or subjects. That cannot be done unless there is an atmosphere of learning. IF a "teacher" is even entertaining "lap dancing", that cannot exist

Young people, just learning what their sexuality is about, are both curious and embarssed about it. Not because of "morals" but because they don't understand what the hormones are doing to them and for what reason. That teacher SHOULD have put an end to it, FROM DAY ONE. SHE SHOULD have known better. The giggling, the teeheeing, etc, does NOT lead to a learning environment.

When I was that age, "sex ed" was taught in sex segregated classes, FOR GOOD REASON. Our gym teacher, George Savitichin, (SP?) taught those classes. He first words at the beginning of each year were, "BOYS, (we WERE boys then) there is NO such thing as a little bit pregnant, SO, keep it in your pants!"

We ALL knew what was coming. We heard it from older brothers, friends etc. WE cracked up! It relieved the "embarresment" factor so real learning could take place

THEN, in classes with no girls, we were taught about how biology worked, keeping clean, STD's. etc etc etc. NO moral teaching. Just cold, hard, facts.

THIS "teacher" played to the "TEEEHEE" crowd and being "popular".She was wrong, stupid, irresponsible and a pig.

There is NO valid, professional, justification for her actions.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Read the comments above from a female student in the class and from someone else who works at the school. Your views on this are one hundred percent ignoring those comments.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So just curious boy getting lap dance is "improper relationship" as opposed a guy at strip club getting lap dance is socially acceptable what's the difference

Sent from my SPH-L520 using EO Forums mobile app

Ten years? The difference between a stripper and a teacher who is in a position of of authority? The difference between an adult and a child?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Read the comments above from a female student in the class and from someone else who works at the school. Your views on this are one hundred percent ignoring those comments.

Sorry, but the comments of a teen age girl, with no responsibilty, no life experience, and likely little education, is NOT a valid argument.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
If the allegations are true, it's a 100% slam dunk case. This teacher is gone.

Such behavior doesn't occur in a vacuum. A climate has been cultivated over time where such tawdry exhibitions take place. In a middle school, no less. The school board cannot risk a provocateur becoming a predator. To the surprise of many, morality matters.

Last edited: