Michael mania is a national embarrassment

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Well, it's a little weird, and most kids would probably get bored after about 10 minutes, but yeah, sure.
Completely, totally, 100% without question or reservation convinced, yes.

Yeah, sleeping with a corpse would be weird. That whole necrophilia thing is probably overrated.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yeah, sleeping with a corpse would be weird. That whole necrophilia thing is probably overrated.

Well, other than the possibility of "catching something" from MJ's corpse I would as least be 100% sure that they were safe!!! As long as no other people that I did not know where there.

patlpp

Seasoned Expediter
Do I HAVE to listen to MH? Please do NOT make me do that!! LOL!! I cannot say that he EVER did anything that I enjoyed. I also did not really like much that the "King" did either, one or two were OK but that was about it.

Beauty, art and music ENJOYMENT are strictly a personal thing. Genius, however is more definable. Bach, Betehoven(sp) had "genius" MJ was a "hack" compared to them. Red Skelton wrote some VERY complicated music and so did a composer by the name of NellyBell. Most would not have heard much of their work and many would not LIKE NellyBell, he wrote very wierd and extremely complicated and difficult to play music. There is a big difference between pop music and music genius. Popularity does NOT equal genuis.

MJ and the "King" were good at a lot of what they did. They gave many plenty of enjoyment. That is a good thing. That enjoyment is NOT shared by just as many and that TOO is a good thing. If we all liked the same things there would be NO other styles.

Again, PLEASE do NOT make me listen to MJ!! That, for me, holds little difference than torture!!!

OK so you listened.... I'm gonna go with you don't like his music. I think he was a genius. What are the parameters for a musical genius ? What is it in an artists' music that distinguishes genius? I think it is not what type of music it is, but how it moves the listener, how one becomes absorbed in the complexities of the score. I think MJ was a genius for his creativity, originality and production abilities, the genius of how he uses his voice and body. Come on, 13 Emmys and most sold album ever? He had to have something going on. Bach and Beethoven were considered genius for their creativity. Does everyone like Classical or even recognize the amazement of their music ? No. I'm an old 52 YO redneck hack guitarist who hardly listens to MJ but I do appreciate excellent musical concepts no matter what the genre. I do not think Elvis was a genius, he was just a musically talented drop-dead sexy specimen. They say looks don't get you anywhere.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
OK so you listened.... I'm gonna go with you don't like his music. I think he was a genius. What are the parameters for a musical genius ? What is it in an artists' music that distinguishes genius? I think it is not what type of music it is, but how it moves the listener, how one becomes absorbed in the complexities of the score. I think MJ was a genius for his creativity, originality and production abilities, the genius of how he uses his voice and body. Come on, 13 Emmys and most sold album ever? He had to have something going on. Bach and Beethoven were considered genius for their creativity. Does everyone like Classical or even recognize the amazement of their music ? No. I'm an old 52 YO redneck hack guitarist who hardly listens to MJ but I do appreciate excellent musical concepts no matter what the genre. I do not think Elvis was a genius, he was just a musically talented drop-dead sexy specimen. They say looks don't get you anywhere.
Eerily reminiscent of LRE/MrG.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

I knew I could get someone fired up!! I was expecting Turtle though!! LOL!! Emmy's, records sold etc have NOTHING to with with how good someone's music is, from a music standpoint. That ONLY proves he is popular. Being popular in itself is NO proof of quality. People can like anything they want too, that does not make it good. Most music I like to listen to is not "GOOD" music, just fun. That is what I like, it has to make me feel good. I don't want a message in the words etc. ONLY fun. That is MY tastes. Just a valid as those who like MJ, even if his music DOES SUCK!! That was a joke!!!:D

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well, it's a little weird, and most kids would probably get bored after about 10 minutes, but yeah, sure.
Completely, totally, 100% without question or reservation convinced, yes.

Whoa, for a second there I thought I was reading a Doug Obama post the cosmic electrons skewed into this thread.

patlpp

Seasoned Expediter
I knew I could get someone fired up!! I was expecting Turtle though!! LOL!! Emmy's, records sold etc have NOTHING to with with how good someone's music is, from a music standpoint. That ONLY proves he is popular. Being popular in itself is NO proof of quality. People can like anything they want too, that does not make it good. Most music I like to listen to is not "GOOD" music, just fun. That is what I like, it has to make me feel good. I don't want a message in the words etc. ONLY fun. That is MY tastes. Just a valid as those who like MJ, even if his music DOES SUCK!! That was a joke!!!:D

Well.......YOU SUCK:D:D Points taken. I am not fired up though. Do you want me to start ranting on the the musical prodigy "P-Diddy"?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well.......YOU SUCK:D:D Points taken. I am not fired up though. Do you want me to start ranting on the the musical prodigy "P-Diddy"?

LOL!!! Well, Thank you, thank you very much!!! "P-Diddy" is that a new form of virus? LOL!! :eek:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I would NOT. I did not know him. I NEVER let my children stay at ANYONE's house that I did not know VERY well. Without knowing a person well, and even then there is no 100% proof, you can't begin to think that a kid would be safe. You must have known MJ VERY well to make that assumption. NO stranger would have been trusted enough to allow MY kids to stay the night.
No, I've never met Michael Jackson, but it's an assumption I feel that I can make, without any reservation, since the question was, "Would you allow your little boy or teenage boy to spend the night with the late wacko jacko," not the living breathing wacko jacko.

Since I don't believe in Zombies rising from the dead after two autopsies, 9 days of being in a cooler, and having been embalmed, I feel that Jackson would present no issue of safety whatsoever. He is, quite literally, inert. :D

As for genius, sorry LOS, but Jackson is right there with the likes of Bach, Beethoven (who were the pop musicians of their day, incidentally, since that's when then term "popular music" was coined to mean "secular", since at that time there were two kinds of music: holy (or religious or spiritual) and secular). The primary definition of genius is an exceptional, almost unnatural capacity of intellect as manifested in the creative and original works of science, art and music, literature, philosophy, and mathematics, but it certainly can apply to other endeavors. It originates from the tutelary deity genius, or supernatural divine guardian spirit, which causes one to become peculiar of character, mind and animated spirit, as compared to the rest of us mere mortals. The origin and its applied definition fits Michael Jackson as perfectly as it fits Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, The Beatles, Albert Einstein, Stephen Hawking, George Smooth, Robert Johnson, Charlie Byrd, Miles Davis, Duke Ellington, and John Coltrane.

All of these people, including Michael Jackson, viewed things in extraordinary ways, and did extraordinary things, and all have a profound influence on those who came after them. Jackson's genius showed itself so many times and in so many different ways: the subtle snap of a finger or the stomp of a foot at a most unexpected but perfect time; what he did with musical phrasings and cord progressions; a complete reinventing of the entire concept of presenting a song, not once, but many times, and did so, completely, for every possible venue in which a song can be presented: he did countless things with dance and choreography that no one every thought of, and in a couple of cases, no one thought possible (he was granted an actual patent for one of them); he reinvented recording and production techniques that are in common use today; he forever changed music videos with not only the long form of theatric music videos, but in how they were done, an influence that can be seen or felt in everything from music videos to television and theatrical motion pictures. His genius was so pronounced that even his worst tracks are still, to this day, better than anything you're going to hear on pop radio today. Most pop music is disposable, here today, gone and utterly forgotten tomorrow. Not Jackson's music. Like the classical masters and the Beatles and a few others, Jackson's music will be forever influencing the music of others.

There are like 7 universally recognized unsolvable mathematical problems. A strong contender for #8 is the Moonwalk, flat out one of the coolest things ever.

If you want to get s glimpse of the mind of pure genius, spend a couple of hours listening to Mozart, then maybe an hour or two of John Coltrane, and then listen to the nonstop brilliance of the "Off the Wall" and "Thriller" albums back to back.

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No, I've never met Michael Jackson, but it's an assumption I feel that I can make, without any reservation, since the question was, "Would you allow your little boy or teenage boy to spend the night with the late wacko jacko," not the living breathing wacko jacko.

Since I don't believe in Zombies rising from the dead after two autopsies, 9 days of being in a cooler, and having been embalmed, I feel that Jackson would present no issue of safety whatsoever. He is, quite literally, inert. :D

As for genius, sorry LOS, but Jackson is right there with the likes of Bach, Beethoven (who were the pop musicians of their day, incidentally, since that's when then term "popular music" was coined to mean "secular", since at that time there were two kinds of music: holy (or religious or spiritual) and secular). The primary definition of genius is an exceptional, almost unnatural capacity of intellect as manifested in the creative and original works of science, art and music, literature, philosophy, and mathematics, but it certainly can apply to other endeavors. It originates from the tutelary deity genius, or supernatural divine guardian spirit, which causes one to become peculiar of character, mind and animated spirit, as compared to the rest of us mere mortals. The origin and its applied definition fits Michael Jackson as perfectly as it fits Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, The Beatles, Albert Einstein, Stephen Hawking, George Smooth, Robert Johnson, Charlie Byrd, Miles Davis, Duke Ellington, and John Coltrane.

All of these people, including Michael Jackson, viewed things in extraordinary ways, and did extraordinary things, and all have a profound influence on those who came after them. Jackson's genius showed itself so many times and in so many different ways: the subtle snap of a finger or the stomp of a foot at a most unexpected but perfect time; what he did with musical phrasings and cord progressions; a complete reinventing of the entire concept of presenting a song, not once, but many times, and did so, completely, for every possible venue in which a song can be presented: he did countless things with dance and choreography that no one every thought of, and in a couple of cases, no one thought possible (he was granted an actual patent for one of them); he reinvented recording and production techniques that are in common use today; he forever changed music videos with not only the long form of theatric music videos, but in how they were done, an influence that can be seen or felt in everything from music videos to television and theatrical motion pictures. His genius was so pronounced that even his worst tracks are still, to this day, better than anything you're going to hear on pop radio today. Most pop music is disposable, here today, gone and utterly forgotten tomorrow. Not Jackson's music. Like the classical masters and the Beatles and a few others, Jackson's music will be forever influencing the music of others.

There are like 7 universally recognized unsolvable mathematical problems. A strong contender for #8 is the Moonwalk, flat out one of the coolest things ever.

If you want to get s glimpse of the mind of pure genius, spent a couple of hours listening to Mozart, then maybe an hour or two of John Coltrane, and then listen to the nonstop brilliance of the "Off the Wall" and "Thriller" albums back to back.

I like some Mozart, some Coltrane, never a hour or two and have NEVER heard a single thing that MJ did that I even sorta liked. Just another crotch grabing wierdo in my mind, AND, that IS what matters. I only like what I like. To my way of thinking, and with art and music that is ALL that is important, the only way the MJ could show brilliance is to light him up from inside. LOL!! Sorry, he just SUCKED!! At least to me. He would have been just another snot nosed kid if he was waiting on me to spend money on that drivel. Just another MOTOWN hack!! I did not like much of the rest of MOTOWN either. Or the Beatles, most of the Stones stuff and could NOT STAND The Guess Who!! I did like some of Jimmy McGriff.

loner1

Seasoned Expediter
Oh, I see Loner1, you are a church goer and thanking GOD that he is dead. What denomination are you so I can be sure NOT to be a member of.

Well since you tie this to my church-going, let me help you.

Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is an abomination.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall SURELY BE PUT TO DEATH; their blood shall be upon them.

Leviticus 20:23 And ye shall not walk in the manners of the nation, which I cast out before you: FOR THEY COMMITTED ALL THESE THINGS, AND THEREFORE I ABHORRED THEM.

I Corinthians 6:9-10 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor EFFEMINATE, NOR ABUSERS OF THEMSELVES WITH MANKIND, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Romans 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are WORTHY OF DEATH, not only do the same, but have PLEASURE IN THEM THAT DO THEM. (That implicates many of his fans I'd say)

As I believe MJ was a homosexual, I believe the above is the view that God holds.

FURTHER - I believe he molested children and had enough money to skate by. But God knows and says the following.

Matthew 18:5-7 And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me. But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea. Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but WOE TO THAT MAN BY WHOM THE OFFENCE COMETH!

And we are not even talking about the ungodly content of his music and the vulgarity of his actions (such as the grabbing of his crotch). The Bible has much to say about that too.

I did not want to turn this into something like this, however, if you must bring "my denomination" and my "religion" into it, then I will bring my BIBLE and show you what GOD says about it. Doesn't matter what the denominations say. It only matters what God says. And He seems to speak quite clearly. :D

patlpp

Seasoned Expediter
Footloose 16:3 : Thou shall not swivel them heathen hips or grabeth thy crotch.
What, am I going to be struck by lightning now? ARe you from Salem? YOU brought God into this. YOU thanked God someone died. I don't want to get into this, you are too far out there.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Well since you tie this to my church-going, let me help you.

Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is an abomination.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall SURELY BE PUT TO DEATH; their blood shall be upon them.

Leviticus 20:23 And ye shall not walk in the manners of the nation, which I cast out before you: FOR THEY COMMITTED ALL THESE THINGS, AND THEREFORE I ABHORRED THEM.

I Corinthians 6:9-10 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor EFFEMINATE, NOR ABUSERS OF THEMSELVES WITH MANKIND, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Romans 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are WORTHY OF DEATH, not only do the same, but have PLEASURE IN THEM THAT DO THEM. (That implicates many of his fans I'd say)

As I believe MJ was a homosexual, I believe the above is the view that God holds.

FURTHER - I believe he molested children and had enough money to skate by. But God knows and says the following.

Matthew 18:5-7 And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me. But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea. Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but WOE TO THAT MAN BY WHOM THE OFFENCE COMETH!

And we are not even talking about the ungodly content of his music and the vulgarity of his actions (such as the grabbing of his crotch). The Bible has much to say about that too.

I did not want to turn this into something like this, however, if you must bring "my denomination" and my "religion" into it, then I will bring my BIBLE and show you what GOD says about it. Doesn't matter what the denominations say. It only matters what God says. And He seems to speak quite clearly. :D
Loner... in the spirit of friendship I tell you bringing Biblical scripture to an EO discussion will cause you endless pain. The turkey buzzards from the politically correct crowd are circling over your head as we speak. I'm trying to throw you a lifeline. Don't be baited by those who would pull you into an ecclesiastical nightmare. Avoid their traps.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
OH MY, is it going to hit the fan now!! Turtle is going to write another epistle. TalCal101 is going to riducule everyone who ever believed anything, Mr. "G" is going to return in an altered state AND, last but not least, I am going to say lots of stupid stuff. :eek: