Michael mania is a national embarrassment

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
While things look or have the appearance of wrongdoing...all I can have is an opinion...Why must I assume the worst case scenerio? Why can't we believe MJ's story rather then the press everyone critizes anyhow?...Bad news and scandal sells papers... Why do some believe the worst in a person?
Judge not, for you yourself will be judged...

OVM... no offense to you personally, but I've seen mud puddles less shallow than the quote above. Am I to believe that you, at your advanced age, do not use sound judgment in your everyday life? Would you walk alone, unarmed, through the streets of Harlem at night? Or Detroit, or Laredo?

We exercise judgment every hour of everyday. It's instinctive. Using good judgment is an absolute requirement for survival. None of us are exempt from using judgment or being judged. Our behavior is continuously under review by friends, family and strangers. We are judged countless times each day and aren't even aware it is happening.

We hear stories in the news about celebrities and form opinions. You are certainly entitled to hold any opinion you like about Michael Jackson.

"Judge not"... ???? Toss your ability to discern and judge out the window today. How long would you last without judging people and situations?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
OVM... no offense to you personally, but I've seen mud puddles less shallow than the quote above. Am I to believe that you, at your advanced age, do not use sound judgment in your everyday life? Would you walk alone, unarmed, through the streets of Harlem at night? Or Detroit, or Laredo?

We exercise judgment every hour of everyday. It's instinctive. Using good judgment is an absolute requirement for survival. None of us are exempt from using judgment or being judged. Our behavior is continuously under review by friends, family and strangers. We are judged countless times each day and aren't even aware it is happening.

We hear stories in the news about celebrities and form opinions. You are certainly entitled to hold any opinion you like about Michael Jackson.

"Judge not"... ???? Toss your ability to discern and judge out the window today. How long would you last without judging people and situations?

No offense taken at all.....You are absolutely correct. :)

We judge every day....we are judged and treated by our peers on their judgment of our own actions all the time...

It was bad judgment for the parents to allow the sleepovers in a private bedroom and it was bad judgment on MJ's part to have it wanted and that is MY judgment of the whole affair..
But IF something sexual happened behind them closed doors that is in the mind of the beholder and suspicion.

I would think now he is dead some victims IF any would come forward with claims $$$$ against the estate...but so far no one has done so....

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

I just wish that they would get that what ever he is planted so the THIS silly season will end. WHEW!!

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
No offense taken at all.....You are absolutely correct. :)

We judge every day....we are judged and treated by our peers on their judgment of our own actions all the time...

It was bad judgment for the parents to allow the sleepovers in a private bedroom and it was bad judgment on MJ's part to have it wanted and that is MY judgment of the whole affair..
But IF something sexual happened behind them closed doors that is in the mind of the beholder and suspicion.

I would think now he is dead some victims IF any would come forward with claims $$$$ against the estate...but so far no one has done so....
IF something happened it's called REALITY.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I read a story that heavy equipment was seen going into Neverland..Cranes, earth movers..must be for his monument-crypt or whatever....

Maybe another Graceland about a guy my grandparents called obscene and disgraceful.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I read a story that heavy equipment was seen going into Neverland..Cranes, earth movers..must be for his monument-crypt or whatever....

Maybe another Graceland about a guy my grandparents called obscene and disgraceful.

That entire mess is "silly" as well. In fact, it was SO SILLY that there was an attempt to get a direct messege to the President when Elvis died!! Jump on that if you like, story below:

In the US intell service there is a "special messege" called a "Critic" When you send a critic all kinds of bells, whistles, flashing lights and sirens went off in the communications room. These messeges were reserved for IMPORTANT things, like an attack on the US or US holdings, Russia invading Afganistan etc. BIGGIES!! They were important to the extent that the President was to be awakened if needed to inform him. Some totally goofy PFC, I do NOT remember where he was stationed at the time, sent a CRITIC when the news about Elvis dying hit the news. It hit the fan!! All the alarms went off, we were running a high speeds to that "special teletype", an old IBM, to see what was going on and what we had to do to counter it. Can you just imagine the shock, surpirse, angry and relief there was in that room when we read that messege? That PFC got busted to PVT E2 and taken out of that job class, perminate KP after that!!!:D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
That entire mess is "silly" as well. In fact, it was SO SILLY that there was an attempt to get a direct messege to the President when Elvis died!! Jump on that if you like, story below:

In the US intell service there is a "special messege" called a "Critic" When you send a critic all kinds of bells, whistles, flashing lights and sirens went off in the communications room. These messeges were reserved for IMPORTANT things, like an attack on the US or US holdings, Russia invading Afganistan etc. BIGGIES!! They were important to the extent that the President was to be awakened if needed to inform him. Some totally goofy PFC, I do NOT remember where he was stationed at the time, sent a CRITIC when the news about Elvis dying hit the news. It hit the fan!! All the alarms went off, we were running a high speeds to that "special teletype", an old IBM, to see what was going on and what we had to do to counter it. Can you just imagine the shock, surpirse, angry and relief there was in that room when we read that messege? That PFC got busted to PVT E2 and taken out of that job class, perminate KP after that!!!:D

Thats funny....probably not at the moment it happened tho...:D

patlpp

Seasoned Expediter
Dang everybody, just listen to his music, his dance. He was a genius !! Set aside all your judgments and just listen!! He performed himself to death because of his love for music. He was not a crazed coke addict. He medicated to sleep and to relieve pain.
The King also was hooked on meds. The king also crossed the black/white barrier with his music (read his bio, listen to HIS music, hear any blues?) He dated Priscilla when she was 14, how many would say he was a pervert because of that? I'm not saying it's similar to pedophilia but just making a point that people perceive and judge differently. See the similarities? Just set aside all the prejudices and LISTEN. Michael was not a precursor to Rap or anything else. His music was his own.

loner1

Seasoned Expediter
Dang everybody, just listen to his music, his dance. He was a genius !! Set aside all your judgments and just listen!! He performed himself to death because of his love for music. He was not a crazed coke addict. He medicated to sleep and to relieve pain.
The King also was hooked on meds. The king also crossed the black/white barrier with his music (read his bio, listen to HIS music, hear any blues?) He dated Priscilla when she was 14, how many would say he was a pervert because of that? I'm not saying it's similar to pedophilia but just making a point that people perceive and judge differently. See the similarities? Just set aside all the prejudices and LISTEN. Michael was not a precursor to Rap or anything else. His music was his own.

WELL - WHATEVER he was, thank God it is now PAST TENSE!!!

patlpp

Seasoned Expediter
Oh, I see Loner1, you are a church goer and thanking GOD that he is dead. What denomination are you so I can be sure NOT to be a member of.

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well I'll remember to Thank God when Loner passes us by...

I hope this isn't an example of a fine American?:eek:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't know his IQ but I hardly think MJ was a genius. He had what some consider talent and what many see as it and chose to glom onto, just as so many fools saw it in Obama and glommed onto him as well. Neither of those two are it and neither of those two have it just the same as Elvis, Marilyn and so many others. If one enjoys the particular noise MJ made then by all means enjoy to your heart's content. Just don't put the guy on a pedestal in a place of reverance that he neither earned nor deserves. He was a kid with some talent and some luck combined. Nothing more.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Do I HAVE to listen to MH? Please do NOT make me do that!! LOL!! I cannot say that he EVER did anything that I enjoyed. I also did not really like much that the "King" did either, one or two were OK but that was about it.

Beauty, art and music ENJOYMENT are strictly a personal thing. Genius, however is more definable. Bach, Betehoven(sp) had "genius" MJ was a "hack" compared to them. Red Skelton wrote some VERY complicated music and so did a composer by the name of NellyBell. Most would not have heard much of their work and many would not LIKE NellyBell, he wrote very wierd and extremely complicated and difficult to play music. There is a big difference between pop music and music genius. Popularity does NOT equal genuis.

MJ and the "King" were good at a lot of what they did. They gave many plenty of enjoyment. That is a good thing. That enjoyment is NOT shared by just as many and that TOO is a good thing. If we all liked the same things there would be NO other styles.

Again, PLEASE do NOT make me listen to MJ!! That, for me, holds little difference than torture!!!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't know his IQ but I hardly think MJ was a genius. He had what some consider talent and what many see as it and chose to glom onto, just as so many fools saw it in Obama and glommed onto him as well. Neither of those two are it and neither of those two have it just the same as Elvis, Marilyn and so many others. If one enjoys the particular noise MJ made then by all means enjoy to your heart's content. Just don't put the guy on a pedestal in a place of reverance that he neither earned nor deserves. He was a kid with some talent and some luck combined. Nothing more.

Something in the best guess of $500,000,000 worth of luck and talent...

Its unreal the money in being a celebrity...:eek:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Do I HAVE to listen to MH? Please do NOT make me do that!! LOL!! I cannot say that he EVER did anything that I enjoyed. I also did not really like much that the "King" did either, one or two were OK but that was about it.

Beauty, art and music ENJOYMENT are strictly a personal thing. Genius, however is more definable. Bach, Betehoven(sp) had "genius" MJ was a "hack" compared to them. Red Skelton wrote some VERY complicated music and so did a composer by the name of NellyBell. Most would not have heard much of their work and many would not LIKE NellyBell, he wrote very wierd and extremely complicated and difficult to play music. There is a big difference between pop music and music genius. Popularity does NOT equal genuis.

MJ and the "King" were good at a lot of what they did. They gave many plenty of enjoyment. That is a good thing. That enjoyment is NOT shared by just as many and that TOO is a good thing. If we all liked the same things there would be NO other styles.

Again, PLEASE do NOT make me listen to MJ!! That, for me, holds little difference than torture!!!

Torture to me is that Rat(rap) Music! *LOL*

Where is it music? when the F word is used so much in the lyrics? Now that is disgusting...and they give awards for that?

Now give me Phantom of the Opera and I am in tears!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Torture to me is that Rat(rap) Music! *LOL*

Where is it music? when the F word is used so much in the lyrics? Now that is disgusting...and they give awards for that?

Now give me Phantom of the Opera and I am in tears!

"Rap" and "music" should NEVER be used in the same sentence. It is nothing more than bad poetry "chanted" VERY badly. LOL!! (Hey OVM, you think I can stir enough "stuff" up in here today to get that post count up? HEHEHEHE!!) :D

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
So - would you allow your little boy or teenage boy to spend the night with the late wacko jacko?
Well, it's a little weird, and most kids would probably get bored after about 10 minutes, but yeah, sure.
Are you completely convinced that he would be SAFE?
Completely, totally, 100% without question or reservation convinced, yes.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well, it's a little weird, and most kids would probably get bored after about 10 minutes, but yeah, sure.
Completely, totally, 100% without question or reservation convinced, yes.

I would NOT. I did not know him. I NEVER let my children stay at ANYONE's house that I did not know VERY well. Without knowing a person well, and even then there is no 100% proof, you can't begin to think that a kid would be safe. You must have known MJ VERY well to make that assumption. NO stranger would have been trusted enough to allow MY kids to stay the night.