Michael mania is a national embarrassment

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Commenting as an interested observer of America's cultural landscape, the utter madness and hysteria surrounding the death of Michael Jackson is stupefying. While at this very moment thousands of US Marines are fighting the Taliban in Afghanistan, MSNBC and CNN are giving several days of wall-to-wall coverage of Mr. Jackson, a garish ghoul of a man if there ever was one.

All this for an alleged pedophile and hardcore drug addict whose best friend and constant companion for many years was a chimpanzee named Bubbles. Such celebrity worship is frightening.

All sense of national priorities and perspective are now skewed to highlight the depravity, decadence and debauchery of a nation that no longer can, nor will, distinguish fame from notoriety.

Soon we will have the morbid spectacle of this funeral presented as a theatrical production. Untold thousands of idol worshippers will gather in Los Angeles to weep, mourn and faint as this pathetic man is laid to rest. Egads, what have we become?

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
and they are going sell tickets to a public "visitation" at the staples center....some 20,000 ticket...oh about 1800 will be given away.......:rolleyes:

loner1

Seasoned Expediter
and they are going sell tickets to a public "visitation" at the staples center....some 20,000 ticket...oh about 1800 will be given away.......:rolleyes:

They couldn't PAY me enough to "pay tribute" to this KOOK! I have zero respect for his lifestyle or his so called talent. As for his family - I don't have much respect for them either, especially Daddy Joe. He created this monster.

Black Sheep

Expert Expediter
Commenting as an interested observer of America's cultural landscape, the utter madness and hysteria surrounding the death of Michael Jackson is stupefying. While at this very moment thousands of US Marines are fighting the Taliban in Afghanistan, MSNBC and CNN are giving several days of wall-to-wall coverage of Mr. Jackson, a garish ghoul of a man if there ever was one.

All this for an alleged pedophile and hardcore drug addict whose best friend and constant companion for many years was a chimpanzee named Bubbles. Such celebrity worship is frightening.

All sense of national priorities and perspective are now skewed to highlight the depravity, decadence and debauchery of a nation that no longer can, nor will, distinguish fame from notoriety.

Soon we will have the morbid spectacle of this funeral presented as a theatrical production. Untold thousands of idol worshippers will gather in Los Angeles to weep, mourn and faint as this pathetic man is laid to rest. Egads, what have we become?

Michael Jackson's death provides a convenient distraction from the problems in North Korea, Iran, Afghanistan, the economy that is progressing into deeper recession despite being "stimulated", and the nefarious legislation that our liberal administration is rushing through congress. Considering the mysterious circumstances surrounding his death, maybe Jackson was the target of a black ops squad.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
They backed off charging for the tickets now...they are now giving them away in a ramdom drawing.....while i liked some of his music and he was a great talent, you couldn't get me to walk across the street see him..dead or alive....and i certainly wouldn't pay to see him....

Last edited:

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
I do agree that Daddy Joe Jackson is a mess. Even at this late date, he is probably searching for ways to milk his cash cow, Michael. Don't be surprised if this huckster, Joe, is found in the Staples Center parking lot selling bootleg copies of Michael's latest. Joe's been pimping his children's talent for five decades.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The hysteria is world-wide, not just here. My stepdad will be arriving back here this weekend from being in Germany (and other parts of Europe) for the last three weeks. He tells me that news and regular programming all over Europe has been wall-to-wall Michael Jackson ever since the death.

As to Joe Jackson, he is what he is. When he first arrived in front of the cameras after Michael's death, his focus of discussion was the new record label he's starting, rather than the death of his son. A leopard can't change his spots.

DougTravels

Not a Member
Joe may be a mess but he had some pretty good tunes of his own, Sunday Papers, Look Sharp, Is She really going out with him- to name a few.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Ah doug, hint..... go down to 2644 West Grand, go into the museum and along the west wall in the storage closet you can get look at who Joe Jackson is..... he is some Ike turner looking dude from Gary indiana, not some lily white dude from Staffordshire.... I don't think the people from Motown know how to spell Staffordshire.

did you know that Hitsville USA is the top attraction in Detroit?

Kind of sad, they are holding on to a past that no longer really means anything.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
How come all you OLD fuddy duddy conservatives are all stick in the muds? Let me guess...Patty Paige, Tammy Wynette and Lawrence Welk fans....:rolleyes:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
He was a pretty darn good baseball player too when he went barefoot. Returning to topic, yes, it is a disgrace that so many thousands of hours cumulatively will be spent on someone who in the grand scheme of things is just another one among millions.

loner1

Seasoned Expediter
How come all you OLD fuddy duddy conservatives are all stick in the muds? Let me guess...Patty Paige, Tammy Wynette and Lawrence Welk fans....:rolleyes:

I'm not necessarily FANS of the three above (never actually heard of Patty Paige), but I don't believe Tammy and Lawrence were molesting children (NOR WERE THEY ACCUSSED FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DOUBT MJ'S GUILT). Of course, if you are truthful with yourself, you'd admit that MJ was a guilty as OJ.

I can't believe he's been dead 9 days and we're still being bothered with the details of his death and burial. MJ just GO AWAY!!!!!!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm not necessarily FANS of the three above (never actually heard of Patty Paige), but I don't believe Tammy and Lawrence were molesting children (NOR WERE THEY ACCUSSED FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DOUBT MJ'S GUILT). Of course, if you are truthful with yourself, you'd admit that MJ was a guilty as OJ.

I can't believe he's been dead 9 days and we're still being bothered with the details of his death and burial. MJ just GO AWAY!!!!!!

While things look or have the appearance of wrongdoing...all I can have is an opinion...Why must I assume the worst case scenerio? Why can't we believe MJ's story rather then the press everyone critizes anyhow?...Bad news and scandal sells papers... Why do some believe the worst in a person?
Judge not, for you yourself will be judged...

loner1

Seasoned Expediter
While things look or have the appearance of wrongdoing...all I can have is an opinion...Why must I assume the worst case scenerio? Why can't we believe MJ's story rather then the press everyone critizes anyhow?...Bad news and scandal sells papers... Why do some believe the worst in a person?
Judge not, for you yourself will be judged...

So - would you allow your little boy or teenage boy to spend the night with the late wacko jacko? Are you completely convinced that he would be SAFE? As you said, you are entitled to an opinion.

MY OPINION - well, I think you already know that. :D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
So - would you allow your little boy or teenage boy to spend the night with the late wacko jacko? Are you completely convinced that he would be SAFE? As you said, you are entitled to an opinion.

MY OPINION - well, I think you already know that. :D

Of course not...He should have not done it either...not a sleepover in his bedroom....maybe in a dorm room with other children as in a camp atmosphere...

The guy was a little whacko BUT whether anything sexual happened is just conjecture.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
OVM,
What's wrong with Lawrence Welk, got something against wholesome champagne music?

I bet you don't like Mitch Miller either? Or that bouncing ball?

By the way Mitch Miller is still alive... 98 to be exact.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
A 1 anda 2 anda 3...Lawrence Welk...I remember well

And Mitch...we as a family used to sing along every week....Those were goodtimes!:)

And Frank Fontaine the singing bartender "Crazy" on Jackie Gleason show?