Michael Jackson and Farrah died today

DougTravels

Not a Member
My wife just told me that Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett died today with Ed Mc Mahon yesterday there's the 3.

I guess Walter Cronkite is in bad shape as well.

loner1

Seasoned Expediter
Well in the case of Michael Jackson - Good Riddens!!!!:D Now maybe the little boys of this world are safer.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Well in the case of Michael Jackson - Good Riddens!!!!:D Now maybe the little boys of this world are safer.
I forget. What was it exactly that Michael Jackson was found guilty of?

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter

How can you say that? Regardless of how you feel about someone. He has family that loved him and they are grieving a lose and that is what you say? No decent human would say that.

moose

Veteran Expediter
This is a sad day , and a bad news ,
Thank you Michael for the great years ,
your music will always be with us.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The question is, who got paid off and for how much?
I dunno. I would think that you would first need to make a determination as to whether or not anyone actually got paid off, and then the question can be asked as to whom and how much.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Must be celebrity envy... It is too bad they had to pass, but in the bigger scheme of things I have to ask how much did they do for me?

Nothing but entertain me, so tell me about it and move on, there are a lot bigger things to worry about...

I think the hours and hours of news coverage for Jackson who has been not well since his child molestation case is a bit too much. It shows what the problems are with this country.

loner1

Seasoned Expediter
How can you say that? Regardless of how you feel about someone. He has family that loved him and they are grieving a lose and that is what you say? No decent human would say that.

O PLEASE!!!!! What about the children that live daily with the pain that this TALENTED pervert inflicted on them. What about the hurt that THESE families have endured. I wonder how THEY (these once innocent little boys) feel tonight. MAYBE like justice has finally been served.

I am sure his family grieves for him, but then again, if they are decent human beings at all, they should have grieved all along at his gross indiscretion in sharing his bed with babies and changing their lives forever.

Sorry - you can spew all the rhetoric and and sympathetical psychobable you wish. In the end - A child molester has received his just desserts.

Good Riddens Michael Jackson. :mad:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I don't have TV in the truck, so fortunately I'm missing all the coverage.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
There is big time news coverage of it?? Its ok Tutle, i am at home, bought a new TV today and a newer surround sound system, and i haven't had the network news on at all, as a matter of fact a friend of my daughter told her at 10 pm, i lloked online and still haven't watched or heard a thing on tv....

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
O PLEASE!!!!! What about the children that live daily with the pain that this TALENTED pervert inflicted on them. What about the hurt that THESE families have endured. I wonder how THEY (these once innocent little boys) feel tonight. MAYBE like justice has finally been served.

I am sure his family grieves for him, but then again, if they are decent human beings at all, they should have grieved all along at his gross indiscretion in sharing his bed with babies and changing their lives forever.

Sorry - you can spew all the rhetoric and and sympathetical psychobable you wish. In the end - A child molester has received his just desserts.

Good Riddens Michael Jackson. :mad:

And when was he found guily?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I think Michael Jackson died a few decades ago as far as whoever/whatever the real Michael Jackson was. Such a big deal is made over these two while the thousands of others who also died today aren't mentioned or remembered at all other than by family and friends. It's sad to me that we've pushed celebrity to the point where rather than a 2 minute mention in the news it turns into a 2 hours production. Another of many problems it seems.

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
When it was first reported on the news, they said MJ was dead.. and then a few minutes later, they said, oh, he's not 'confirmed' dead yet, and he may just be in a coma.. the media is a riot!

I then couldn't help hoping that perhaps MJ had staged the drama to promote his upcoming tour.. but then, alas, they did confirm he had in fact died.

And then I couldn't help thinking about what a private person he was, and how now, in death, his body is just there, for many medical personnel to view, speculate and comment on, and to be cut open and examined..

It reminded me of how we can't take anything with us when we go... nothing... not even our dignity, or our privacy.

And also obviously not the right to be presumed innocent until proven guilty.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I think Michael Jackson died a few decades ago as far as whoever/whatever the real Michael Jackson was. Such a big deal is made over these two while the thousands of others who also died today aren't mentioned or remembered at all other than by family and friends. It's sad to me that we've pushed celebrity to the point where rather than a 2 minute mention in the news it turns into a 2 hours production. Another of many problems it seems.
Gee whiz, could you be anymore cynical? News coverage is a matter of scale. If those other thousands of people who died today were as well known on a national or international scale, they'd have gotten widespread coverage, tooooo. Michael and Farrah were celebrities, yes, pop icons, but in order to become those things they did things that had an effect on people's lives, made a connection with them in a positive way, not all that unlike the way friends and family do. When someone dies who has had an impact on your life, be it up close and personal or from afar, you aren't likely to be content with a mere two minute mention so you can get that out of your way and get on with your life (as a line in your sig so perfectly illustrates). Just because Michael and Farrah didn't make any worthwhile impact on your life doesn't mean the millions of people who were impacted by them has a problem.

loner1

Seasoned Expediter
And when was he found guily?

HE ADMITTED that he had these boys sleep with him. And that it created a "special" bond. What a sicko. Any men on here sleep with little boys that aren't their children?

Lisa Marie Presley said that their marriage was a sham to take the light off of his 1993 accusation by the 13 year old boy that described Michael's genitals.

OJ was convicted either - do you doubt his guilt?

I'll not comment on this again. I respect all of you as professional truckers and will allow you mourn this idiot in your own way without anymore of my input. I have a feeling that even if he had been found guilty some of you would still be mourning over his death.

Last edited:

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
I wonder if kmart will have a sale now little boys pants half off in honor of freak jackson

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'll not comment on this again.

Thank you... LOL

God speed Farrah. I didn't see the show she put together covering her fight against cancer, but I'm sure she did it to try to help others see that they should never give up. The poster to end all posters will be forever etched in our minds.

When I heard the news about Michael, I stopped my truck, got out and humbly bowed my head, grabbed my crotch and moon walked. Rest assured Michael, we all had no problem believing that the kid was not your son.