Memorial Day

Wingnut

Seasoned Expediter
What are your plans for Memorial Day? For us, we plan on putting our garden in if the weather cooperates.
I also want to take this time to SALUTE and THANK each and every one of you vets out there.

MCBuggyCo

Seasoned Expediter
I am playing poker friday night with friends, going to watch one of them play in a band saturday night. Sunday night I hope to attend Rib America in St Louis and see Night Ranger.
Sometime over the weekend I will visit the cemetery where my mom and dad and brother are buried. They give out flags and its one of the few times I visit the cemetery when I am not the only one there!

are12

Expert Expediter
We will be having our usual Memorial Day party on Sunday, surrounded by family and friends.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am on the road..But JuJu is going to cemetery to put flag on her dads grave....He was part of the invasion force that landed in Sicily and up thru Italy and into France...and he made it home in one piece.

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
I will be spending the day with my Girlfriend and my kids and grandson one of my son's is an iraqi war vet. He just got back from helicopter repair school so he has been gone for the last 4 months.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Passing time in New Jersey, waiting for a Tuesday pickup. Will be in an RV park most of the time.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
My load delivers at 06:30 Monday morning in Alliston, ON .... since it's not a holiday in Canada, I'm hoping to get another load on Monday.

This one worked out nice - plenty of time to run it ..... and it went right by the house .... so I'm getting to spend Saturday evening, and most of Sunday, at home. :D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
My load delivers at 06:30 Monday morning in Alliston, ON .... since it's not a holiday in Canada, I'm hoping to get another load on Monday.

This one worked out nice - plenty of time to run it ..... and it went right by the house .... so I'm getting to spend Saturday evening, and most of Sunday, at home. :D

Thats cheating!! ;)

When you pass Cambridge wave to my kids will ya??? :D

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I'll be spending Memorial Day here in beautiful downtown Laredo, playing with the stray cat, trying to keep the fire ants out of my pants, beating the tarantulas back with a stick, and trying to keep cool.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'll be spending Memorial Day here in beautiful downtown Laredo, playing with the stray cat, trying to keep the fire ants out of my pants, beating the tarantulas back with a stick, and trying to keep cool.

hey I feel like I am at the Humane Society...surrounded by 4 stray Cats and one of them Cats is a Turtle..!!!:eek:

Know what Cat drivers do for amusement? They grab sticks and chase Turantulas around the parking lot!!!:p

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We are in Kentucky. We delivered here on Friday and have a Tuesday pick-up here. We are doing the tourist thing. Going to Mamouth Cave and Jim Beam's. I will say a special prayer in church today for those who gave thier lives that I might be free. I will say thanks that my dad made it out alive as did most of the men I served with. My wife and I would not be able to have this wonderful business and life style if not for the million or so who gave thier all for us. Thank You. Layoutshooter

MCBuggyCo

Seasoned Expediter
Update: Just before time to go play poker my boss calls. It was not to wish me a happy holiday. He had freight. Luckily I was able to pick up the load near my house and still make it to the game. I won $170. The delivery was a pickup tonight/deliver in the morning deal so I was in Hannibal MO at 10am Saturday.

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
I have been around the house for about two months and only took 4 loads between April 1st and May 22nd. Spent the time selling my other truck, working on the new truck and doing a few home remodeling projects.

Finally got the new truck into service on the 22nd. Woke up at 5am and got to corporate about 8am. Signed the documents to put the truck into service and got the QC installed. Everything was done by 1pm. Hung around until 5pm and then considered going home for the weekend. Being a little sleepy, I took a nap until 7:30pm, woke up and went into the driver's lounge.

At 8pm I got a 526 mile load offer. Drove all night, dropped off at about 11am and now I am sitting in Blacksburg, SC. This will be my first Memorial Day away from home. I consider myself blessed to have been home for the other holidays.

I also wanted to take the opportunity to say thank you to our veterans as we remember why we actually celebrating this holiday!

Memorial Day
History.com

Memorial Day is much more than a three-day weekend that marks the beginning of summer. To many people, especially the nation's thousands of combat veterans, this day, which has a history stretching back all the way to the Civil War, is an important reminder of those who died in the service of their country.

Memorial Day

rpack41

Expert Expediter
I will be giving Thanks for my Freedom.

glcollins-funeral-photo-01.jpg

Please take a minute to visit the site below.
We tend to forget what American Freedom has cost us.
Have a great Memorial Day. Rose

"War drew us from our homeland
In the sunlit springtime of our youth.
Those who did not come back alive remain
in perpetual springtime -- forever young --
And a part of them is with us always."
-- Author Unknown

Arlington National Cemetery Website Title Page

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
One of the few holiday days not spent at home,but the revenue was to high to turn down.First it was the load to Sacramento,then the one to deliver outside of Portland Or on Tuesday
Im holding the fort down here at the motel in Jubitz's truck stop.
Remember the freedom you have was brought to you by the people that gave their ultimate sacrifice

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just Returned Home From DC, 8 of us took Part in yhe Rolling Thunder Ride to the Wall.My 5Th Year of Going.

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
I found myself passing through Tennessee today with all kinds of time. I have a load delivering in Heber Springs, AR in the morning. I stopped at the Shiloh battlefield and they had a Memorial Day service there. That was a new experience, attending a Memorial Day service at a Civil War battlefield. Quite moving.