May 2011 Locations

bobwg

Expert Expediter
In St Louis jumping thru hoops trying to get plates for my Sprinter that I bought last week they didnt like the home made bill of sale, so had to fax a bill of sale form for the state of Missouri to the people I bought it from so they could fill out their part ,got exhaust repaired, 2 inspections 1 DOT for Landstar and safety inspection that the state requires , then go to the county seat to get proof that i paid personal property taxes to the county last year took all day now get to go back to the license office with all this paper work and finally pay money to the state to get my license plates crossing my fingers they wont come up with some other bs

cannedmeat27

Expert Expediter
ran a load yesterday from minneapolis,mn to e. peoria,il
today ran load from gary,in to mundelein,il now sitting in des plaines,il

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Puerto Princesa City, Palawan, Philippines

Doing some research on a new venture in the wonderful world of transportation.

Jack, sorry to hear that you are not feeling well.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Sitting at home. Van is at the shop getting the AC control switch fixed. And possibly new brake pads? Not sure but got some squealing coming from the passenger side. It could be the pads...then again...it could be the wheel bearings...who knows!:cool:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
chances are a "squealing" is the brake pad "wear indicator" it hits the rotor when the brake is applied and sometimes when the wheel is "side loaded" as when turning...thats when you need to change the pads, before they are wore bad enough to tear up the rotors...and on top of that, wheel bearing don't often "squeal"...they grind....its good you are having it looked at now...BUT...think of how much money you could save if you were doing these repairs / maintainance yourself...hanging a set of brake pads is a cake job....

I think you read books alot, buy a "chilton manual" for you van, you can read , chances are you could do alot of stuff (not all but alot) yourself....

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Knoxville TN one run last week one run this week so far and its Thur. BS.

Get me moving now.

Do not lock me. if you dont got a load Its in the Notes.

I run wide open and take Both Surface and WG.
now get me moving.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
chances are a "squealing" is the brake pad "wear indicator" it hits the rotor when the brake is applied and sometimes when the wheel is "side loaded" as when turning...thats when you need to change the pads, before they are wore bad enough to tear up the rotors...and on top of that, wheel bearing don't often "squeal"...they grind....its good you are having it looked at now...BUT...think of how much money you could save if you were doing these repairs / maintainance yourself...hanging a set of brake pads is a cake job....

I think you read books alot, buy a "chilton manual" for you van, you can read , chances are you could do alot of stuff (not all but alot) yourself....
Yeah, I can save a bit of money doing it myself. Figured I'd better be safe than sorry and bring the van in for a checkup. I was assuming that if it was the wheel bearings they would have broke somewhere between Louisville and Columbus. Mechanic is still looking at it....makes me nervous since he hasn't called. I'd do this at home if I had the right tools. :eek:

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Knoxville TN one run last week one run this week so far and its Thur. BS.

Get me moving now.

Do not lock me. if you dont got a load Its in the Notes.

I run wide open and take Both Surface and WG.
now get me moving.
Slow as hell down there. I sat for almost a week last time I was down that way. I think they are more concerned about cleaning up the tornado damage down there towards Cleveland, TN than shipping anything....LOL

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Speaking of...Mechanic just called back. Pads were almost completely worn off after that trip through the Smoky Mountains...A/C is now working and the yoke on my driveshaft has a lot of play and needs replaced. Off to Goodyear to have that fixed.:rolleyes:

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Get me moving now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If i was in louisville you would have me dh out for a semi good load. Maybe ill just dh to scranton pa
at least its cooler.