Mass shooting du jour

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
There were 6 Mexican citizens killed in that store which prompted Mexico to file for extradition so they can prosecute him, I say hell yes, let this idiot suffer in a Mexican prison!!!
The crime occurred In Texas, USA. Even if the victims were legally visiting the US I don't believe extradition would be an option for the :censoredsign:.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
This country can ban firearms, cars, knives, alcohol etc. Uh, the 21st Amendment didn't work too well. Why aren't we focusing on the root cause of the problem, people. Especially people who are afflicted with mental illness. Back in the day it was mostly Postal Workers that went postal. Now its just any disillusioned stooge that wants to kill large amounts of people. Why? Some of these mass killers have been captured alive. Why not conduct extensive psychological tests? Including brain tissue examination. I'm a believer of the Samer Theory. There might be a definitive cause making people go fúcking nuts. Whether it's road rage, political agendas or mass killings; we as Americans are losing our collective minds.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Now that the emotions have calmed a bit from the El Paso and Dayton shootings (or Houston and MI according to Uncle Joe:rolleyes:), let's consider some boring but significant facts relating to mass shootings and gun-related deaths. These are from 2017 - the latest available that have been compiled by the CDC (bold emphasis mine)
In 2017, 39,773 persons died from firearm injuries in the United States (Table 11), accounting for 16.4% of all injury deaths that year...
The two major component causes of firearm injury deaths in 2017 were suicide (60.0%) and homicide (36.6%).

1566171281873.png

In spite of what liberal politicians and the mainstream media would have you believe, the likelihood of being involved in a mass shooting is about the same as being struck by lightning and far less than being involved in an auto accident. It's hard to put a number on mass shooting deaths due to the ambiguous definition of "mass shooting". Do the gun deaths from gang violence in cities like Chicago and Baltimore count in the media stats? Probably not. The figure put on mass shooting deaths in 2017 seems to fall between 450-500. However, the number that jumped out at me was suicide by gun, which would have been 23,864. So considering the homicidal maniacs carrying out mass shootings (including themselves in many cases), gang violence deaths and the number of people willing to cash in their chips, do we have mental health and cultural issues that need to be addressed? The problems we face won't be solved by banning guns; there's always knives, poison, clubs and pressure cookers.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There you go, spoiling all the hand wringing with facts. Guns are not the problem. Never have been. Still aren't. Liberals are a far greater problem and threat to the nation than firearms.

Reactions: Turtle

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Since the guns are already out there, all the political stuff is window dressing. Trump has it right, any new gun laws presented wouldn't have stopped any of these recent shootings.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
The could stop selling yard tools and screw drivers,,,,unfortunately nut cases and violence will always be with us..

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
San Francisco is literally drowning in poop. Glad to see they've got their priorities in order.

Reactions: skyraider

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yes, good old S.F., and other ignorant fools, and their sensibilities. We have to think about the poor "justice involved individuals" though. We can't expect them to be responsible for their own behavior and bear the consequences of same.