March locations with banter

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Hartford city Ind to Holland Mich...Wal-mart for the night, if no loads by early afternoon, ill probably DH Home..got to start getting "thing" inline for the new truck...:D

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
Flying J Dallas TX. Yesterday morning went to the Western Star - Freightliner Dealership in order to get an PM (oil changed and lube) done on truck. Also needed warranty checked out for transmission, since we have been having intermitten troubles with transmission. Also wanted to have the alignment checked out. Tires seem to be wearing oddly. We sat there for 8 hours waiting for the work to be completed. After the first 6 hours Tracy went to see how the work was coming along, which is when we found out they had only just begun the oil change. So Tracy told them just to go ahead and just complete the oil change and not to worry about rest of it. We were not very happy with the lack of communication and the time frame.

It took 8 hours to get the oil changed! This morning we were fueling up and going to go over to a trailer company to see if they had a bumper for the back of our box. Tracy checked under the hood while fueling and became extremely upset. It turns out that nothing had been lubricated during the 8 hour oil change. So we went back and spoke with the Asst. Manager. He handled our complaint very professionally. He got us back in at the top of the list. The oil change was completed properly with everything lubricated that is supposed to be. The under carriage was power washed. We went over the warranty for the transmission like we had asked yesterday to do, but the service writer didn't have the time to do. We found that we had a common problem that Eaton is aware of. We also found out that our warranty is almost out. They were able to fix the transmission properly. It works great now! We just spent another 10 hours there today. So we have two days invested with no runs, but we got the transmission taken care before the warranty ran out. I guess the part would have been $1000 if we would have been out of warranty. So all in all we are happy with how the Asst. Manager handled the situation.
The alignment still wasn't checked. We will have to do that next time.
We called dispatch to let them know we are ready for a load. Just upsetting to lose 2 days of income. Dispatch had called us twice yesterday with load offers that we had to turn down due to the service we were trying to get done. Yes they knew we were out of service they were just checking to see if we could.
Well hopefully we can salvage the week with one more load this week at least. We were hoping for 2 more this week before all this service crap happened.
Oh well, win some lose some.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Dropped in holland Mich, went to the Wal-mart and did some shopping and was just gettin ready to head the the Logans down the street for dinner when joe called...needed a favor...some guy named John needed parts run asap to the Tempt Magna Plant in Brighton Mich...the catch was the PU was in Mendon Mich..99 mile Dh with a 122 mile LH...so off i went..a bit of confusion at the shipper as to where exactly I was suppose to go. After 45 minutes, and a few phone calls, I headed for Brighton a half hour behind....got there and was only 20 minutes late...but it was all good... I guess they are up on a few makeshift lines and how to be up to full capacity within a few days... there were more riggers and heavy machinery movers and setup guy workin then i have seen in a long time...

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
Still waiting to get out of Dallas. Hopefully today. Didn't make much money this week with the truck taking two days to get an oil change.

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
Was called and asked to dead head to San Antonio, freight seems to be moving better there.

Got about 100 miles or so out, and got a load with two drops picking up in San Antonio delivering in Chillicothe, OH on Monday morning. Got to the pick up point and the customer asked if we could take another one to drop in Detroit. The customer contacts dispatch so now we have 3 drops, 2 in Chillicothe and one in Detroit.
We knew we just had to have faith and dispatch would take care of us. This week will end decent after all. Thank you Jeremy, great work!

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
Correction on how far the drop was from where I park the truck. The dock Is 20yards from where I park. Lol

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Correction on how far the drop was from where I park the truck. The dock Is 20yards from where I park. Lol

That has to be a new record. The closest I've come is 1.2 miles. Gotta love Load One dispatch.

Your best bet, hire a vet! Please.

guido4475

Not a Member
Hartford city Ind to Holland Mich...Wal-mart for the night, if no loads by early afternoon, ill probably DH Home..got to start getting "thing" inline for the new truck...:D

Ya know, I unloaded Fri at 5pmin Hartford City,then got one from Lima, Oh to chattanooga..But, you sure did luck out! Tat's the kind of running I need to do, especially with the crap week I've had so far, well, until Friday, anyway..Sat 4 days....:eek:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Made it to my delivery in El Paso 12 hrs early, but naturally there is no 3rd shift or Sunday delivery...so it it the Petro at Exit 37 on I-10 till the morning....

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
Made it to our delivery place about 5 hours early, no third shift delivery so waiting till morning delivery.

Unloading right now. We were supposed to be here by 5 am we were here at midnite but don't unload until 8 am....oh well on to the next delivery point. 3 deliveries for this run putting us in Detroit, so back to the yard when completed.