March locations with banter

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
After 3 days in Charlotte NC, got a load from Concord NC to Bedford PA...Thanks to John E / Mike B for the pay rate...:D

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
HEY now!!...*L* she already has some kitchen walls ripped out so we can finish the remodel ...painted the bathroom..

she is best buddies with the Fedex and UPS driver! changing her last name to .com :D

Oh oh, that can be real dangerous. You may never make it home. 1 for you 5 for her. lol

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Empty in Bedford PA...closest Wal-mart was 12 miles away and the TA at Breezewood was 21, so thinkin i needed a shower and i have 3 credits, the TA is it!!

All clean and smell good and now I am off to find some place to eat....:)

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
In route to Dallas area. Spent Sun., Mon., and Tues. home. Got to see all but 2 of my kids and seen all of my grandkids. Went to cousin's funeral.
All in all, a relaxing weekend. Now, time to make the deliveries, time to make the deliveries. No more rest, time to make the deliveries.
Hopefully will be warm when we get there in the morning.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Tarcy & Laura, good to see that it all went well for you and that you got loaded out right away! Being at Load 1 has to be a pretty darn good experience for both you and your owner...better late then never for the owner!! :)

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
After 3 days in Charlotte NC, got a load from Concord NC to Bedford PA...Thanks to John E / Mike B for the pay rate...:D

Sorry for the delay. It is amazing right now. Volumes are really good and we are still seeing people quoting ridiculously low prices. We hate to have trucks sit, but we are not moving for .50 a mile!!!!! :eek:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Thanks for the acknowledgment John..and their is no need to be sorry, while it is appreciated and understood, Ive been around long enough to know the ropes of the industry..and you are right, i ain't movin for $.50 a mile either...:D

Last edited:

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
Yes Dennis being at Load1 has been an absolutely awesome experience for us. We are still pinching ourselves making sure it is real. Being at Load1 has allowed us to pay all of our bills off in the 1.5 months that we have been here. We actually have made a goal list that we can see ourselves realistically achieving before summer. We even made a 5 year wish list.

Before coming to Load1 our income had dropped by 75% of the previous 5 years. We weren't able to maintain every day neccessities. We started driving truck/expediting, on a prayer to our problems and let the Lord guide us. Well he guided us to a great company. To a place where we feel good about ourselves again. To a place where we can actually buy the needed groceries for ourselves and our son in college.

Joseph was forced to go to College with basically no help from us. By being responsible for his own student loans. We weren't able to help him in any way financially. But he knew in order to become the great Chef that he desires to be, he had to go to College. We now feel we can help him with some of his tuition.

Thank you to all of you who posted the great reviews about Load1 here on EO, without them we wouldn't be where we are today. The owner of the truck is extatic over he move. The last I heard he working on getting another one of his drivers with Load1 and trying to convince the third driver to transfer also. So he is extremely happy also. So not everything is too good to be true when it is good, huh!

It is so good to actually be able to plan for the future again!
Thank you John Elliot for giving us this opportunity. We KNOW how lucky we are, we know we really shouldn't be here, but the Lord was looking out for us and gave John the nudge to take a chance on us. We are so Blessed, thanks!

On Wed. morning at 7am we called disbatch to let them know we were back in service. By 9 am we had a load to pick up in Montpelier, Oh, (35 miles from our house) to deliver in Garland, TX, by Thursday morning at 9am. Disbatch is absolutely awesome! They keep us hopping!

Just unloaded the load in Garland, TX, we made it an hour ahead of schedule, yipee! Now to find a place to get oil change done on truck and get some sleep. So we can be ready for the next load.

Laura

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
We dropped this morning in Long Beach CA. Talked to dispatch and they were already working on 2 other load oops yesterday before we even hit the Arizona line both over 2000 miles on to New Jersey and one to Virginia.

Eating a much deserved MEAL then off to sleep!

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
And dispatch comes through pick 15 miles from long beach ca and delivers 2 blocks from where I park the truck at home! Nice work dispatch 2310 loaded miles back

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sitting in El Paso waiting to be unloaded....hahaha...Bayko called and said delivery was put back to 8am EST!! what a laugh...that would be 6am El Paso time....never do ya see these Pedros up that early....

and then home from here....for about 2 weeks...

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Currently channel surfing in Columbus, OH. Have a part time job as doorman for the dogs although I am starting to reconsider the decision of accepting this position. The pay is in Milk Bones, and I have to say that they taste pretty bad. I have been offered a one bone raise if I continue on with my duties, so I'll get back to you on what I decide since this requires careful consideration.

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Currently channel surfing in Columbus, OH. Have a part time job as doorman for the dogs although I am starting to reconsider the decision of accepting this position. The pay is in Milk Bones, and I have to say that they taste pretty bad. I have been offered a one bone raise if I continue on with my duties, so I'll get back to you on what I decide since this requires careful consideration.

Don't break a tooth on them milk bones! lol

Your best bet, hire a vet! Please.

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Sitting in El Paso waiting to be unloaded....hahaha...Bayko called and said delivery was put back to 8am EST!! what a laugh...that would be 6am El Paso time....never do ya see these Pedros up that early....

and then home from here....for about 2 weeks...

News flash... FedEx to deliver truck load of stuff. Jujubean has been active on the internet! lol. Might want to rethink that going home stuff.

Your best bet, hire a vet! Please.