Lrt

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Some of these guys got what they signed up for....NOTHING...they came in with a used CV...
did not want to do a 2-3 day orientation...
did not want any kind of rules,
did not want a QC,
no reference checks,
no experience,
no escrow.....
just wanted to run under the radar....signed up with a one man horse and pony show, traveling medicine man and got screwed....what a surprise....

Next time...Try Amway...it is the American way.....LOL

BigCat

Expert Expediter
I haven't got screwed by lrt! Where do I sign up for the "I got screwed and I'm too big of an idiot to get an attorney so I'll create 10 threads and make threats on an open forum and still get nothing" club????

Mayfield Express

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Some of these guys got what they signed up for....NOTHING...they came in with a used CV...
did not want to do a 2-3 day orientation...
did not want any kind of rules,
did not want a QC,
no reference checks,
no experience,
no escrow.....
just wanted to run under the radar....signed up with a one man horse and pony show, traveling medicine man and got screwed....what a surprise....

Next time...Try Amway...it is the American way.....LOL

Ok, back when Panther was starting out with two cargo vans and an office in the basement of one of the owners house they were traveling medicine men? Load One did not always have three hundred trucks. I bet there was a time when their trucks were using antiquated tracking devices and did not have the fancy stripes on their trucks. That is how each and every business starts out. It's from the botton up. Also, remember not too long ago when Arrow closed its doors and left hundreds of truck drivers stranded at truck stops with no trucks as they were all being repoed. They never got their last paychecks and Arrow was a multi-million dollar a year professional operation. Any company (whether big or small) can go belly up owing thousands and even millions of dollars. Don't give me this crap about smaller companies being traveling snake oil salesmen!

You can contact each and every one of my current and former drivers and ask them if they have gotten paid on time (some even advances half of their money before even delivering their load) and they will tell you my company is on the up and up. I am small and can be considered a snake oil salesman because I hav e half of my fleet running for other carriers and half of my fleet is completely exclusive to me! I have 5 completely exclusive cargo vans - two owned by the owners of the company and the other three are owned by a fleet owner. I'm going to label up 5 of them once I get a better logo designed. Don't bash the small guys because every fortune 500 company started out as an idea in someones head over a kitchen table, basement, or tiny office somewhere.

It's awfully strange how some of the bigger CEO's seem to forget that fact once they hit the big time! I'm not calling anyone out. I'm just saying that LRT was booking more loads than me even as a small operation. He just didn't know how to manage his money and his business went bankrupt because of it. So, big or small, it's all about how the owner of the company manages the finances! Enough said!

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Once again, please excuse my typos. I have 20/100 vision in one eye and i'm typing without my glasses on again. Hence all of the typographical errors.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Blizzard: hats off to you [and Lawrence & John Elliot] and every one who founded a company, and made it work - it's more than most of us have done.
Risk is the American Way - or used to be, anyway. [Funny how investors forget that, too!]

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
OVM. I was not trying to be brash but we take a chance with every company we lease on with no matter if they are big or small. Any company can close its doors and leave their drivers stranded. Anyone can make a bad business decision and screw up their entire fleet! I do understand that the rick factor is higher for smaller companies but I don't see how a smaller company can go out of business if they do things the right way. Look at Eclipse they have 200 trucks and have only been in business not even two years. They have never in that amount of time ever missed a payment to one of their contractors. I know because I had my driver running for them and they are just a small company coming up through the ranks! Don't bash us small business owners!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I reserves my right to bash tho...lol

I just happen to think the market is saturated with small guys...it's like one at every street corner.... It is not like you can offer much more then anyone else. Ya can only slice the same pie so many times before it falls apart

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
The market has always been saturated with carriers. That's the beauty of our free market system. As John Elliott says "there is little barrier to entry" for the smaller companies. The statistics are that 8 out of every 10 companies that sign up with Sylectus go out of business in 6 months. I have been in business for almost a year now. I mean with 1k a moth in overhead how can you go bankrupt? I can cover that in one weeks worth of loads. Someday I'm going to be one of the top five expediting companies and I will be the first expedite company to have trucks on the moon! You are going to see an On Call Logistics truck on every street corner in America just waiting to get into that shipper and snag up them loads! I should have named my company "Undercutters Express Inc" but I don't think many drivers would have appreciated the humor in that name! "We will beat anyones quoted price or your shipment is free!" lol.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Save Guido and Giuseppe and their bats for important stuff like some people we know. Use a lawyer for stuff like this.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You are excused... I'll consider myself slapped....lol

head-slap.jpg

paullud

Veteran Expediter
and I am betting not one has retained a lawyer or sought professional help.....

Yeah but lawyers cost money, personal threats online are free. :rolleyes:
We have a system that protects people that can't pay their bills, it can hurt innocent people at times but there is no way to get blood from a stone. The complaints after the fact are interesting because all the information was available before hand. The tour bus driver seemed to be a great businessman until it hit the fan, then suddenly he was a moron that needed to be hurt. There were signs that he was having issues months ago and many could have avoided the financial pain they are experiencing if they would have stayed on top of business. Drivers need to realize that they need to be staying on top of industry news by reading articles here and interact with other drivers online or in person. Even as a company driver you still have to think and act like you are in business for yourself so that you are aware of company issues, industry issues, and pending regulations that will impact your livelihood. I hope that the drivers that got hurt here learned a valuable lesson and wish them the best.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

idtrans

Expert Expediter
I never thought of john to be dishonest only very short tempered.

And john I know you're reading this and I tell you seriously try to find a way to pay the contractors john you know first hand what being a driver / oo is like.

God bless you john and may the lord bring you a blessing to be able to pay the people for their hard work and dedication to you!