Lrt

del364

Seasoned Expediter
I quit LRT 1 yr ago, but while I was with them, their frieght was very consistant. John was always actively looking for a load when Panther left me sitting and didn't care. John wasn't the most pleasent person, I had to be firm to keep him from walking on me, but business is business when he kept me so busy. I'm so sorry to hear what happened to everybody. I was thinking about going back to work for John when I heard the news. As for Dave calling LRT a small company, yes it was. But, while I was there frieght was consistent and the majority of it came from Panther, who John seemed to have a close relationship with. LRT got me Panther freight when other Panther trucks were sitting idle right beside me.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
I quit LRT 1 yr ago, but while I was with them, their frieght was very consistant. John was always actively looking for a load when Panther left me sitting and didn't care. John wasn't the most pleasent person, I had to be firm to keep him from walking on me, but business is business when he kept me so busy. I'm so sorry to hear what happened to everybody. I was thinking about going back to work for John when I heard the news. As for Dave calling LRT a small company, yes it was. But, while I was there frieght was consistent and the majority of it came from Panther, who John seemed to have a close relationship with. LRT got me Panther freight when other Panther trucks were sitting idle right beside me.

And that's a problem too. Company letting their truck sit while brokering to others.

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Gee! Do you think LRT was running it cheaper then what the Panther drivers were being paid! Cheap freight is why he's gone!

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I ran for Lrt, always got my money, dont know why all the rest did not get paid, but I have said all this before. Yes Lrt did pay somewhat low on vans, but hey, my van was paid for , on its 2nd engine, 2 computer, lol ,,i had a lot of seconds, including a tranny, o the joys of a o/o. But I ran for 2 companies and was busy, one paid more and Lrt paid less. I had low overhead, no housepayment, no kids, no wife and still no wife, but some grandkids here now. I rant.......

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army

So Panther allowed you to be signed on with them and run freight for other carriers like LRT?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
He likely was signed on at Panther and running some LRT freight which is allowed. We have ran all kinds of freight for different carriers.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I'm pretty sure he was leased on with Panther, then left Panther and leased on with LRT, and while he was with LRT he ran some Panther loads.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I'm pretty sure he was leased on with Panther, then left Panther and leased on with LRT, and while he was with LRT he ran some Panther loads.

That is the way I did it when with LRT and was a busy camper. Got lots of Panther stuff.............

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
How was LRT getting these loads from Panther??? Do they usually give frieght to new carriers,with no track record, and bad business practices??? Something dosent add up.
Sent from my Milestone X2 using EO Forums

Last edited:

idtrans

Expert Expediter
How was LRT getting these loads from Panther??? Do they usually give frieght to new carriers,with no track record, and bad business practices??? Something dosent add up.
Sent from my Milestone X2 using EO Forums
Panther has a load board and if your safety score is good then they will give you loads if you win the bids. sometimes their loads pay good and sometimes not so good. It all boils down to your competitors bid and the location and just how hungry you are.