Low prices are killing this month!ppl bending over like crazy!

ajakapari

Expert Expediter
O! My bad ya idk what kind of cube that is must be over 10K to carry that much payload.. So he is logging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've done double call out loads... 2 sprinters 3 skids each... About 4-5 times... Don't know the reasons or circumstances not my concern only the $$$$ matter
I've done a go catch the overflow, 2 vans, first one loads all he can and I get the overflow, in this case it was 2 10 pound boxes. And off to Charlotte we went.

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I run a cube van just to confuse every on, if the load calls for cv the shipper is happy if it call for a dock high ST I back onto blocks PLUS I can carry 5500lbs some of the brokers don't have any clue what there doing

Is that a good idea?

ajakapari

Expert Expediter
You do if the vehicle ever weighs more than 10,000 pounds.
The rules are for the GVWR or the actual weight.
Ok but if your GVWR is under 10K why would u weight more then 10K? Unless towing or something .

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
d3c689a459c892b0e79d90609068554f.jpg
This can't be a picture of Ovm .... he does Not take overweight loads ....lol..:p

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Ok but if your GVWR is under 10K why would u weight more then 10K? Unless towing or something .
If your GVWR is, say, 9999 pounds, and you are 300 pounds overweight, they're ya go.

Also, a lot of these cube vans are rated at 12,500 pounds, give it take, and the owner slaps 10,000 GVWR on the side doors in order to avoid logging. But they continue to run over 10,000 pounds all the time. If they get caught, it's serious money.

ajakapari

Expert Expediter
If your GVWR is, say, 9999 pounds, and you are 300 pounds overweight, they're ya go.

Also, a lot of these cube vans are rated at 12,500 pounds, give it take, and the owner slaps 10,000 GVWR on the side doors in order to avoid logging. But they continue to run over 10,000 pounds all the time. If they get caught, it's serious money.
True but even if u slap a sticker on the side door that says 10k.. It shows on the registration the true GVWR... So that doesn't work...

MikeDamone

Not a Member
Researching
Dang, for 35- 40k, I'd rather just get a local gig and be home every night ( Oh wait, .......).

Yeah but ive never been over the road before. Im kind of excited about it. Its also possible that I will hate it and adopt the same opinion as you just stated.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yeah but ive never been over the road before. Im kind of excited about it. Its also possible that I will hate it and adopt the same opinion as you just stated.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy going OTR. However, with that said, I don't go very often. Most of my loads are out and back.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
You only have to log if you have Dually's. There was a driver at Bolt who had a cube van with dual real wheels and Bolt made him log just like a big truck driver. He got upset when I got a 700 mile direct load that he couldn't legally do. If the box truck is not logging and is over 5500 pounds, it is running illegal.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
It was king of funny how me and the dually truck driver were shooting the breeze in the parking lot and I got the load before he did even though he was first out. It kind of made him question why he was driving a dually truck.