Loves Truck stop Florida kicks out truck drivers for Bike week

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
:eek::D

What does a Harley and a dog have in common? They both like to ride in the back of a pickup truck.

Why don't Harley riders wear helmets? So they can hear the parts falling off easier.[/QUOTE]

Spoken by someone who doesn't have A clue.;)

BigCat

Expert Expediter
If Love truck stops feels that this once a year event is more important than the customers that support Loves year round, they should just pull all the diesel pumps out and not do business with all the trucking companies anymore.

Very true Dave. Although I don't use loves unless I can't find a p/fj I don't like knowing I can do business there but not welcome to park. Do the really believe the number of rv and bikers will provide more business than a truck getting 200 gallons of fuel and coffee and snacks?

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Destinaton Daytona is the largest Harley dealer in the US. There are also many aftermarket suppliers in the same plaza. The Loves is in the same parking lot. I am from that area and would not attempt to pull a truck in there during bike week.
Picture 1000's of bikes ridden by amatuers who have most likely been drinking.

Sent from my EVO using EO Forums

hossman2011

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
usually drop, fuel and Empty move to Atlanta.. go broke and waitin on a load outta there..not predispatched we roll..

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Their doing you a favor. You don't want to be there during bike week, at least not trying to sleep. Same goes for Myrtle Beach SC.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
usually drop, fuel and Empty move to Atlanta.. go broke and waitin on a load outta there..not predispatched we roll..

We normally do well getting out of Florida. We don't use Love's anyway and that is an annual shut down for that truck stop.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Good for you, many well informed expediters know this, do not go to Fl, it is a no brain er....

Many well informed expediters love going to Fl, if they have family there, like my daughter, son in law [I like him, too!] and my granddaughters, for example.
I know to avoid the Love's about now, having lived in Daytona for a few years - Bike Week, Spring Break, and Race Week are all nutso time for the locals.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
If they'll allowed you in there during bike week all you'd do is complain and say "I'll never pull in there during bike week."
It's about safety. How many scooters would get squished by 53'ers ?

And those bikers don't want to hang around filthy truckers.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
It just seems easier to turn it into an RV park so that you don't pull in there expecting a parking spot and just finding filled with RV's as would happen anyway.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Guess one could form his or her own gated truck stops, no vans, no civilians(4wheelers), just big rigs and straight trucks to eliminate all the fussing and there you go..........I will need 5000 truckers to send me 5 bucks a month to get it set up, please give me one year and I'll get back to ya......................rite?

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Don't forget the money you can make off valet parking.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A clue as to what, aquitted?.....

Your comment was a stereotypical reference to what it was like decades ago. It's truly not the case anymore. My '91 Heritage made it from Alpena, Mi to Vegas and back without an issue, wasn't even worried about it. I expect my '11 Ultra Classic to be just as dependable.

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
Cracks me up because most of the truck drivers I know ride motorcycles also (not just Harley's)!

Love's needs to get a clue to this.

It's not what you ride - it's that you ride.

guido4475

Not a Member
Actually, those comments were jokes. You know, one linees meant to make people laugh, to brighten up their day, even make them smile! It is amazing how many on here are so easily offended, with no sense of humor at all.. Take a breather, and relax.. It'll be alright...lol.

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Actually, those comments were jokes. You know, one linees meant to make people laugh, to brighten up their day, even make them smile! It is amazing how many on here are so easily offended, with no sense of humor at all.. Take a breather, and relax.. It'll be alright...lol.

No offense was taken just given it right back atcha. However as Star knows my jiffy stand fell off about 3 weeks ago 3 blocks from my house and yes I did here it fall and did stop to pick up the stand. LOL now but not then.