looking for loads

transporter

Expert Expediter
Curious what is the average rate per mile carriers charge customers for cargo vans or cubes. Where is a good place to find expediting freght? I tried eo load board but they had very little cargo van or cube freight. When they did of coarse I was no where near it.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I just ran one yesterday that the customer paid about $2.72 per mile for. It was brokered at least once (meaning my carrier wasn't the originator of the load) ..... needless to say, that was a real eye-opener .... :eek:

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I used to be a member of that site and felt it was just another getloaded.com. It really has more general freight than it does expedite freight. It would be good for a t/t I would think.

transporter

Expert Expediter
it does seem mostly for t/t. i dont think they could give me enough loads to pay for there service. I am still looking for some
place we can find some consistant small truck expedite freight.
still trying getloaded mostly cheap freight

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
was that eo board or somebody else
I have no idea what board system (if any) it was from - could have been an Expedite Alliance load (GPSNet), or another board .... or .... who knows ? .... your guess is as good as mine.

You asked about cargo van rates and that was the only portion of the question that I attempted to answer. I hauled it in a Sprinter .... but it would have fit in a cargo as well.

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
I just ran one yesterday that the customer paid about $2.72 per mile for. It was brokered at least once (meaning my carrier wasn't the originator of the load) ..... needless to say, that was a real eye-opener .... :eek:

Hope it was a nice long run! :eek:

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
The small loads on getloaded are usually pretty cheap, but I have done quite a few good runs that I found on there. You just have to call pretty much every load that's on there, even the ones that say they're for a flatbed or whatnot. I've run a few things in my Sprinter that were listed for a flatbed. It's the whole needle in a haystack thing. There are good loads there but you have to do quite a bit of legwork to find them.

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
You know what I think it comes down to? A lot of us like the idea of an internet board where you can just see the loads and then pick the one you want. Call it lazy if you will, but I know that I've been searching for something like that for a while and I have yet to find it. The closest thing might be Panther's bid board where they post loads they can't cover in house. It's the same reason that many of us, myself included, were attracted to the idea of expediting in a van. We want results with a minimum amount of work. It does seem though that an online source for good paying expedited loads is nothing but a good idea, or something on our wish lists. I wish such a site existed, but I haven't found it yet. If anyone actually comes across one, please let us all know. Finding your own loads in this business is usually done through a whole lot of work cultivating relationships with shippers, brokers, and other carriers. I'd love to be able to just browse the web and find all my loads, but I don't think that's really possible at the moment.