Load1 June chatter

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Mine does that on rare ocassion. On the brain box remove the black plug that is held in place with a thumb screw on each side. Leave out for about 30 seconds and reatach. Your qc will reboot and you should be good to go.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I never really understand why it is so difficult for some to send in either a maintenance report or bol on time to begin with. Dad always told me the load isn't done until all required paperwork is done. Especially in a van. We have so little paperwork to do compared to a straight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app
Dad always told me to deny everything.

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Mine does that on rare ocassion. On the brain box remove the black plug that is held in place with a thumb screw on each side. Leave out for about 30 seconds and reatach. Your qc will reboot and you should be good to go.

Thanks, this is what i did. Was hoping on an easier way, maybe a reset button that I hadn't found.

sent from my Galaxy Tab2

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
My QC screen freezes sometimes, too, and if it doesn't fix itself in a minute or so [it usually does], I call Matt and ask him to send a reset.
I have a gazillion screwdrivers, but one for thumbscrews doesn't appear to be one of them, and just the term 'brain box' tells me to leave it alone, lol.
:eek:

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
force close the screen by simultaneously holding down the center of the circle button (dot) and the button with a head with what appears to be the symbol of sound coming from where its mouth should be for 10 seconds. release and "pop" it's off. restart with key.

I really like having the auto loading of addresses from work flow to pc miler.

eb

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
force close the screen by simultaneously holding down the center of the circle button (dot) and the button with a head with what appears to be the symbol of sound coming from where its mouth should be for 10 seconds. release and "pop" it's off. restart with key.

I really like having the auto loading of addresses from work flow to pc miler.

eb

Nice trick thanks. Never use the GPS myself do to the fact of truck routing. How does it work out for you?

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
Nice trick thanks. Never use the GPS myself do to the fact of truck routing. How does it work out for you?

I like it a lot. I didn't use the routing before, because one set of addresses can be enough of a hassle to load in the GPS. With or without the route I like having the map going, so I have an alternate zoomed in or out view from the GPS. I'm still trying to figure out how to quit a route after arrival. It doesn't self-cancel like the nuvi, and all I can find is a rather involved digging through the menu to cancel the route. maybe I just need to do the double button reboot for that too.

eb

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Well the vans should be pulling car routing vs truck routing. Check with Matt or Steve tomorrow about how to end navigation. Not sure on that one.

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I like it a lot. I didn't use the routing before, because one set of addresses can be enough of a hassle to load in the GPS. With or without the route I like having the map going, so I have an alternate zoomed in or out view from the GPS. I'm still trying to figure out how to quit a route after arrival. It doesn't self-cancel like the nuvi, and all I can find is a rather involved digging through the menu to cancel the route. maybe I just need to do the double button reboot for that too.

eb

Eric,

Touch the icon in the lower left corner to bring up the menu screen. Touch "Main Menu". On that screen, touch the circle with a line through it at the upper right corner. That closes the program and stops the nav.

Sent from my MB860 using EO Forums mobile app

Last edited:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
We are rolling out the workflow to navigation automatically launching over the next two weeks over the whole fleet. Should be a great enhancement.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Workflow isn't including zip codes on addresses anymore? Sometimes, they're needed to find the correct place.
Also, can they find a way to get the entire name on , even when it's long? Sometimes, the part that's cut off is kind of important...

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
Eric,

Touch the icon in the lower left corner to bring up the menu screen. Touch "Main Menu". On that screen, touch the circle with a line through it at the upper right corner. That closes the program and stops the nav.

Sent from my MB860 using EO Forums mobile app

Thanks. This saves a couple menu selections.

Even with truck navigation, I'll be using it more. Even from the vanner's perspective I like having access to the warnings that things are getting small. And even if it maps a different route from what I want, it catches up quick enough. It also gives me an idea how slow my arrival time can be compared to optimistic small vehicle routing.

eb

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Thanks. This saves a couple menu selections.

Even with truck navigation, I'll be using it more. Even from the vanner's perspective I like having access to the warnings that things are getting small. And even if it maps a different route from what I want, it catches up quick enough. It also gives me an idea how slow my arrival time can be compared to optimistic small vehicle routing.

eb

I ran a Cobra 7750 in tandom with the QC nav. I had both programmed to my truck info. What the Cobra would not do was go past the destination to stay on an Interstate. The QC nav will. It saves a lot of time avoiding secondary roads that the Cobra will route you on. The Cobra falls in line with the QC very quickly.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Workflow isn't including zip codes on addresses anymore? Sometimes, they're needed to find the correct place.
It's odd, and really annoying that it's not there anymore. But, if you select one (shipper or receiver) and then hit "Details" it'll have the complete address with Zip Code there.

Also, can they find a way to get the entire name on , even when it's long? Sometimes, the part that's cut off is kind of important...
I do think the length of fields on the QC should be exactly the same as dispatch has. That way they can know that we can't see the entire name. If they can't lengthen the field size on the QC, they need to shorten the field length on the dispatch screens.

But, I'll just be happy if I could get a pickup number along with the load information.

Shipper - "Do you have a pickup number?"
Me, looking like an unprofessional doofus - "Of course not. Let me call dispatch and get one."

Also, while I'm at it, the "LEG 1 NOTES:" and the "LEG 2 NOTES:" that can be seen online need to be on the "Details" page of the QC. Those notes often contain critical information about the load, like gate information, contact name and phone numbers.

ohiomike08

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
But, I'll just be happy if I could get a pickup number along with the load information.

Shipper - "Do you have a pickup number?"
Me, looking like an unprofessional doofus - "Of course not. Let me call dispatch and get one."

Also, while I'm at it, the "LEG 1 NOTES:" and the "LEG 2 NOTES:" that can be seen online need to be on the "Details" page of the QC. Those notes often contain critical information about the load, like gate information, contact name and phone numbers.

I have to call dispatch way to much to get this information, and it usually takes them 30 mins or more to call me back with the info. This is the stuff that makes us (Load One) look like we don't have a clue. Even though a lot of these issues come from the loads we get from the bid boards, these shippers could be future direct call customers.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've had very few problems with NOT having a pick up number....It is included more time then not....BUT...the times I haven't gotten one lately is now with the NEW crew of bidders....the computer system can't populate the number when entered in the correct field, if the bidders don't include that info...
We've had this discussion before and John made sure that it was an automatic function of the software when ENTERED in the CORRECT field...

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It does seem like a big improvement in getting pickup numbers with the dispatch since our last discussion on the topic. If I do have to call dispatch its usually solved in ten minutes or less. I'm imagine its much like pieces and weight some customers just dint want bothered until told they won't let the driver pickup without it he is there trying now.