Load1 June chatter

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not near as much in the air at the yard so far today.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Matt is checking to see what we can do about getting zip code added to workflow screen and other details.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I've had very few problems with NOT having a pick up number....It is included more time then not....BUT...the times I haven't gotten one lately is now with the NEW crew of bidders....the computer system can't populate the number when entered in the correct field, if the bidders don't include that info...
We've had this discussion before and John made sure that it was an automatic function of the software when ENTERED in the CORRECT field...
I don't know for sure so I can't say with any certainty, but I'm willing to bet there is no CORRECT "Pickup #" field for them to fill out. If there is, why doesn't it show up on the Details page right along with:

Name
Address
Number of Pieces
Weight
Dimensions
Miles to Destination
Commodity

because that's where he need it, rather than buried in the "Additional Notes" screen accompanying the pay screen.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't know for sure so I can't say with any certainty, but I'm willing to bet there is no CORRECT "Pickup #" field for them to fill out. If there is, why doesn't it show up on the Details page right along with:

Name
Address
Number of Pieces
Weight
Dimensions
Miles to Destination
Commodity

because that's where he need it, rather than buried in the "Additional Notes" screen accompanying the pay screen.

Customer Ref #...........on details page....that is where the load I am on now says
the word...."Commodity" does not appear on m DETAIL screen

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
In that case Customer Ref # should be a REQUIRED field, cannot complete the screen without it, even if it's entered as "N" (no pickup # required) or "Y" (pickup number required but we don't yet know what it is). There should never be a case where the pickup number is known and isn't transmitted along with the load information but dispatch can immediately give it to you when call in simply by looking at the notes in the computer.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I might have to call two or three times a month not like its a daily accurance. It would be nice to get it 100% of the time its needed but I forget to do things they would probably like at times too.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
In that case Customer Ref # should be a REQUIRED field, cannot complete the screen without it, even if it's entered as "N" (no pickup # required) or "Y" (pickup number required but we don't yet know what it is). There should never be a case where the pickup number is known and isn't transmitted along with the load information but dispatch can immediately give it to you when call in simply by looking at the notes in the computer.

I agree....that is how we got the NLM # to be automatically populated to our screens...BUT a bidder or dispatcher still has to include it in the proper field for every thing to work properly...
MAYBE a NAG screen....when they hit send...."Did you include Pick up numbers?".....LOL

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I might have to call two or three times a month not like its a daily accurance. It would be nice to get it 100% of the time its needed but I forget to do things they would probably like at times too.

exactly...to err is human...the saying goes....:)

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
Thanks, John.

Matt called and confirmed the instructions Steve posted yesterday--menu(bottom left)/main menu/power button (circle with vertical bar). This clears a route after reaching destination. To clear non-completed routes it is still the rather involved--menu/main menu/route/plan or edit/options/clear/yes.

May I also beat the horse? Yes it may only happen to me a few times a month, but for the customer who requires the special reference number it happens every time we walk in the door if it is our office not providing the number to the driver.

eb

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
MAYBE a NAG screen....when they hit send...."Did you include Pick up numbers?".....LOL
If it were a required field, they'd get the same nag screen they get when they fail to fill out any other required field - they couldn't hit send.

xiggi, 2 or 3 times a month times how many trucks? Making it a required field that gets sent automatically seems to be far more efficient than having to field phone calls about it. The pickup number is no more or less important than the city/state or the street address, or the number of pieces and weight they expect us to pick up, and it should be treated as such.

When I show up at a shipper I prefer to have all my professional ducks in a row. I should know pieces and weight (if available), pickup number, final destination, and the customer who arranged the pickup (if applicable as a 3PL, not usually needed for most auto freight, as the NLMI number takes care of all that).

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't disagree it would be great to have. I do think those rare ocassions it takes extra long for dispatch to get it after the call is not unlike pieces and weights. Those are the customers that will be irritated getting the info until absolutely necessary. Making sure it is at least asked for upstairs and placed in a specific spot is a sensable request.

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Thanks, John.

Matt called and confirmed the instructions Steve posted yesterday--menu(bottom left)/main menu/power button (circle with vertical bar). This clears a route after reaching destination. To clear non-completed routes it is still the rather involved--menu/main menu/route/plan or edit/options/clear/yes.

May I also beat the horse? Yes it may only happen to me a few times a month, but for the customer who requires the special reference number it happens every time we walk in the door if it is our office not providing the number to the driver.

eb

Eric,

Matt's right and wrong on non-completed routes. Do you have the introduction screen turned on? When you use the closing procedure I gave, and the intro screen is on, the next time you open Nav you will see a screen that shows two boxes. One asks if you wish to continue the old route and the other asks if you wish a new destination. Touching the new destination box closes the old route and puts you into the set up screen for a new route. The intro screen will also greet you by name, asking where do you wish to go today.

Matt should be able to tell you where to turn the intro screen on. I don't remember the exact path, and I don't have a QC in front of me to hunt for it.

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
That makes sense. I have the intro screen turned off. And when I ran a test route today CoPilot restarted automatically without the old route. I'll retry it with the intro screen for non-complete routes.

eb

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Well Matt is talking with Qcomm to see if we can fulfill some of your guys wishes about getting certain things moved to the main screen on workflow. More to follow.

ohiomike08

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Delivered 30 mile from the house last night, so I headed home. Gave me the chance to get my laundry done. Hopefully dispatch come through with a round trip load to Vegas!

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Delivered 30 mile from the house last night, so I headed home. Gave me the chance to get my laundry done. Hopefully dispatch come through with a round trip load to Vegas!

Now that would be "lucky"!

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
The results of the May Trivia Contest are in! The winner of the Trivia Contest Raffle in the Load One Drive for Gold Rewards Program for the month of May is Kenneth Zybowski!!! 50,000 points will be added to his Drive for Gold Rewards account.
We would also like to congratulate the top ten drivers that answered the most number of questions correctly and were entered into the random drawing: Danny Trezil, Robert Longfellow, Dale Gose, Michael Amo, Kenneth Johnson, Kenneth Zybowski, Craig Fasbender, Kenneth Amor, John England, and William Edwards.

There will be another drawing for June so good luck!!!