Leaving EO General posting forum

G

After thinking this over for a few days. I have made my mind up not to post anything on the General forum anymore. I'm going to come on EO to work on the History of Expediting only. This is a Great site and Mr. Mc Cord is the best. My temper Got the best of me the other Day and I upset a Good man from EO so I think it's best for EO that I step away from posting on here, That way I will keep my BIG mouth shut. It was nice to Chat with everyone on here.

Today was my last day as a fleet Owner :( Work for my wife now.
So I guess you could say she really is my boss.
Go FedEx Custom Critical

Drive safe

Dave Mayfield
FEDExCC/Roberts Express O/O From 3/1/1995 To 9/1/2006
C1847,C2045,D3397,D5047
Fleet manager of Mayfield Express since 1995
CR3088,C6446,D6189,D????

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
RE: Leaving EO General posting form

Dave,

Enjoy the long weekend, if you are not on the road. Come back to EO Tuesday with a new attitude. I think you would miss EO as much as we would miss you. Take a breather and see you Tuesday.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

Ditto I just sent Dave a PM asking him to stay on. He gives good info and the more good info we get the better we all are. So what if there are some mud slingers,we all take it from time to time.

ABEJR2004

Expert Expediter

I have met Dave and like I have said some time back He is alright with me. He has brought alot more insight into the forum and I myself have obtained a great deal of info from his postings and replys.

I hope the long weekend changes your mind, would hate to see ya go.
(Bet most the mud slingers never met you) A Real stand up guy.

AbeJr
(Still slightly a Newbie)
FedExCC
#D6425
OOIDA MEMBER

ClassicOne

Expert Expediter
my question is what happened? "today is my last day as a fleet owner"??? FedExCC had been in the running as a replacement for the ConWay/Panther situation for me.....should I keep looking?

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus

dave,

don't be gone form eo in "general". you have too much to share, to impart, too pass on to us who have not made the step. your last day as an o/o? well something is changing in your life but don't turn your face from the general disc forum(i almost said gd forum, ooooops!!)

change is part of life . it is what we are called to do even when we are not okay with it. HIS plan is bigger and we work within it. take a few days off and reconsider. contyributing to the history part is important for us the newbs ti see where this came from but please do not turn your back when you have sonething to say.

Jack Berry

JimmyB

Seasoned Expediter
For those of you who don't know... I'm Dave's Co-Driver....
I'll let him explain not being a fleet owner any longer, but it has Nothing to do with FedEx..... He is very much still in with FedEx and he always has nothing but good things to say about contracting to FedEx....

Jim

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Dave,

I hope you change your mind, and continue to contribute. We all have misunderstandings, and lose our temper now and then. It's what we do afterwards that defines us.

You are always welcome here.

Dale

G

Just don't want to upset folks Dreamer. But I think it's for the best if I do not post for now. And yes I'm still with FedEx as a Driver in my wifes Fleet. She Owns Mayfield Express.

Drive safe

Dave Mayfield
FEDExCC/Roberts Express O/O From 3/1/1995 to 9/1/2006
C1847,C2045,D3397,D5047
Fleet Manager of Mayfield Express since 3/1/1995

HoosierHllyBlly

Seasoned Expediter
Dave,

I really hope you change your mind. I think you maken a big mistake here guy. You will be missed be all.

Brad (HoosierHllyBlly)

tec1959

Expert Expediter
Dave hi,Not much more can be said from the members of EO.You are very much liked and enjoyed here and give great Information out so please take the weekend break and rethink things buddy.....Hope to hear alot more from ya...

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Take a bunch of deep breaths, enjoy the weekend off and come back next week refreshed and ready to give helpful advice again. No need to quit altogether. Maybe sometimes sleep on a response and see if the next day it looks the same, but don't leave entirely. You provide too much helpful info to quit.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5507, 5508, 5509
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

raceman

Veteran Expediter
Dave,

I have left once or twice for the very same reasons. Take a period to cool down and simply stay away form the site for a while. Do not even read it. The come back and you will see many new faces and many faces gone and the ones that hang on are normally good folks.

I have been very pleased with your postings and advice as well as your knowledge. I would hate to see you go. Take my word for it someone out there is helped by something you say every time you post. I know that to be fact as over time people have spoken to me and pointed out how something I posted helped them in planning or buying. I never knew it until they told me and I am sure it is true with you.

Go away, stay away, and do not think about it. Try one week and then just read for a week and then and that point see how you feel.

Raceman
OTR O/O

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
dave don't leave their are only two people in world you have to say your sorry one is your wife and the other is your dispatcher everybody each really doesn't matter

i have always said what i felt and not very offend said i was sorry
so, don't let it get in the way, so say your piece

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I wouldn't sweat the small stuff. You have alot to contribute, and I wouldn't let that type of decision be governed by only a few.

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Dave,

Sure don't want to see you go, as you've helped me here as well. A little bit of R & R away from EO and the computer could be in order, but don't let it keep you away too long. Everyone deserves a break from the stress.

Drive Safe!

Jeff

rfrogger120

Expert Expediter
Think about your decision dave, you have answered a bunch of my question in the past. Are you feeling rejected or unaccepted what ever it is , feeling change every minute , like everyone else said sleep on it. It wont be the last time you will feel like that. when people know what your weaknesses are they will tend to take advantage of that. so screw them. :p