KW sitting at Bentz

are12

Expert Expediter
Had to go by Bentz last week to get the AC fixed in the sleeper.

Jim fell in love with the KW they have sitting on the lot with 150" sleeper. Says he would go back to driving big truck for this one! :) :)

Must say it is a beauty!

Took the pictures with the phone so they aren't the greatest but it will give you an idea of what the truck looks like. (don't mind my finger being in one of the pictures.:p :p)

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That's a great looking truck. I'd go with the new T660 if I were doing it over now. In any case, those sleepers are great. I especially like the 54" bunk.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA Life Member 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Those rides are awesome. They had that one or one simular at MATTS. Also had a simular setup that was a Pete at their Bentz sleeper booth.

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator

The Enemy

Veteran Expediter
Very nice truck. I like how they are starting to incorporate the larger sleepers into the factory ones. I like the big box sleepers, but this just gives it a cleaner look.

Streakn1

Veteran Expediter
That is an interesting combination indeed. We had heard Bentz was now building 150" intergrated sleepers for the Columbias. We have been in Freightliners for years.

After reaching a point in our driving careers that a 70" condo wasn't comfortable anymore (affordable yes), something had to be done. So we decided to take care of us for a change. We just had the pleasure of trading our 2001 Freightshaker in on a 2007 Kenworth T600B. It has a 38" KW Aerodyne sleeper followed by a 132" ARI custom sleeper. ARI gutted the Aerodyne and remodeled it into an office area, really neat feature!

Will this truck make us anymore money than the more affordable Freightliner? NO. Will this truck make our final years on the road together more comfortable and enjoyable? YES! At some point maybe one decides more $$ in the bank isn't worth being uncomfortable all of the time. Thus a market is created for these monster sleeper trucks!

Somebody will end up really enjoying that KW!;)

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Post some photos when you can, especially of the office conversion. That sounds very interesting.

EO Forum Moderator
----------

Kevin_Sue

Seasoned Expediter
Nice truck ARE but you sent us a pick of your stering and that is no slouch either. We justt bought a freightliner m2-106 with a 84" bentz. it is very nice but for a husband wife team it does get cramped quickly. next time a class 8 chassis and larger sleeper with shower toilet and larger refrigerator

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Speaking of Bebtz...How about that new location. Ossian In Industral Park about 25 mi so of the old Fort Wayne place. Must be about 10times the size.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Gotta love it!!...a buddy of ours that hauls tanker calls em.....Freight capable RV's and wouldn't have it any other way :)

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm glad to see the post about Bentz moving before I made a trip to the old location for some sort of service. It wouldn't have been a totally wasted trip since I could have stopped by Stoops for a little window shopping but still good to know.

EO Forum Moderator
----------