July's Roads & Loads

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Sitting in Houston since Sunday night. Dispatch says it's super slow and she hasn't been able to win any bids.
July is "borderline" OK for the companies that have their own fixed customer base like L1, Bolt, FedEx, etc. Otherwise it becomes a feeding frenzy for brokers that love seeing the blood in the water

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: ntimevan

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well, my rear end is not going to get back into shape cheaply. $3500 to fix truck and another week. Have to buy a rebuilt rear end, axles and all. 497,000 miles. 2 year unlimited mileage warranty

Ah , Lucky You , more Quality Time with Grandkids ...
July is "borderline" OK for the companies that have their own fixed customer base like L1, Bolt, FedEx, etc. Otherwise it becomes a feeding frenzy for brokers that love seeing the blood in the water

Loaded ... Tn. to Va. to Tn...image_search_1561554495584.jpeg

" LOAD 1 "

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Back at home after a fun day :rolleyes:

Slept like crap, sat around for 5 hours for repairs to be done. Could of been out sooner, but had a little break down in communication (actually a lot).
No one informed me what the problem was, didn't get approval for the repairs, and oh yeah, did tell me it was done :oops:
The manager was very apologetic for the screw up, and took some misc shop fees off the bill.
Fortunately, the final total was $255, otherwise I would not have been a happy camper (not that I was overjoyed).
On the plus side, they did some recall work involving the airbags that I completely forgot to ask about.
So all and all, it work out alright.

Back at home for my delivery to arrive tomorrow, treated the grass with weed killer and called it a day.

Will go back in service on Monday...Maybe o_O

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Interesting read

Funny, I've have never once saw a Prime Inc. truck and thought it was a Amazon truck.
I would think that mistake (if it was possible) would only improve the image of Prime Inc. :p

But really? Come on man...
"As a result of Amazon's unlawful acts, Prime Inc. has suffered, is suffering, and, unless these unlawful acts are preliminarily and permanently enjoined by the Court, will continue to suffer immediate and irreparable injury to its business, reputation, and goodwill for which there is no adequate remedy at law," the case stated :rolleyes:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Funny, I've have never once saw a Prime Inc. truck and thought it was a Amazon truck.
I would think that mistake (if it was possible) would only improve the image of Prime Inc. :p

"As a result of Amazon's unlawful acts, Prime Inc. has suffered, is suffering, and, unless these unlawful acts are preliminarily and permanently enjoined by the Court, will continue to suffer immediate and irreparable injury to its business, reputation, and goodwill for which there is no adequate remedy at law," the case stated :rolleyes:
It may seem to be some wild accusations, but do we really know what goes on behind closed doors? Just saying.

Reactions: ntimevan

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I would think that mistake (if it was possible) would only improve the image of Prime Inc.

What really surprised me is the extent that Amazon has upped their game in freight and product distribution. I believe it was first quarter of 2016 that they started putting their own trailers on the road. At that time - zero vans or planes. And, unlike other major players (UPS, XPO, etc.) They didn't do it through acquisitions, they built it from scratch.

Reactions: RoadTime

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It's all about litigation & I think Prime Inc, out of MO, has a pretty good point. Now whether or not they can actually do something about it is a different matter. I happened to meet the head of Prime Inc's legal dept a couple of years ago. As one would imagine, that dude is a pitbull. But they're going against one of the biggest companies on the planet ... good luck.

Out west i40 runs parallel to the rail lines for a bit in AZ/NM. Headed east a couple of weeks ago, I was amazed to see how many blue colored Prime trailers there were on that train. Almost the entire train load was blue trailers.

prime.jpg

Hummer53

Veteran Expediter
Driver
flood-van.jpg

Is that Worn Out Manager? LOL

Reactions: Ragman

SGAVan1

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hopefully by Monday I will have my van listed on the trucks for sale section. If anyone knows anyone interested in a 2016 Transit E-350 high roof, extended van, turbo boost gas powered, with all the straps, chains, pallet puller, bulkhead with door between driver compartment and cargo area, 115880 miles, 90% tires, excellent condition as I am the only one that has driven it since I purchased it new. The only reason it is for sale is because of my health. Almost left this world a month ago due to blood clots and one of those was in a lung. Doctor has told me I have to give up driving as I can only drive 2 hours, stop get out walk around for 30 minutes and then drive 2 more hours. Needless to say you cannot make good time like that. If anyone is interested, please contact me on e-mail. [email protected]
Pictures hopefully, I can get them loaded on the ad.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hopefully by Monday I will have my van listed on the trucks for sale section. If anyone knows anyone interested in a 2016 Transit E-350 high roof, extended van, turbo boost gas powered, with all the straps, chains, pallet puller, bulkhead with door between driver compartment and cargo area, 115880 miles, 90% tires, excellent condition as I am the only one that has driven it since I purchased it new. The only reason it is for sale is because of my health. Almost left this world a month ago due to blood clots and one of those was in a lung. Doctor has told me I have to give up driving as I can only drive 2 hours, stop get out walk around for 30 minutes and then drive 2 more hours. Needless to say you cannot make good time like that. If anyone is interested, please contact me on e-mail. [email protected]
Pictures hopefully, I can get them loaded on the ad.

Sorry to hear that, that's pretty scary stuff.
Best wishes on your health and the sale of your van.

SGAVan1

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
I wasn't thinking anything serious until I was laying in the emergency room walked in and asked for my "do not resuscitate" card and then it hit me I might not walk out of here.

• Wow
Reactions: RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That was then, this is now...

Completed my 6 month mid year financial review over the same period for 2018.
How are things looking so far this year?

Sorry, I had to vomit again :vomit:

Gross is down (36%), Miles down (33%), but hey, All miles rate increased by 0.01 cents :rolleyes:

pain.jpg

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
That was then, this is now...

Completed my 6 month mid year financial review over the same period for 2018.
How are things looking so far this year?

Sorry, I had to vomit again :vomit:

Gross is down (36%), Miles down (33%), but hey, All miles rate increased by 0.01 cents :rolleyes:

View attachment 19172
Can't really compare. Mom Care and other issues kept me off the road for 12 out of 26 weeks. All miles down .02 so tolerable, need to get out and rolling for some longer uninterrupted stretches.