July's Roads & Loads

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I know this J, like Tulsa & Aurora & many others, has a big van population PLUS homeless, etc. I think it reasonable to ask us to vacate during the day. They were waking up the people sleeping in cars too.

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

The J in Phoenix had the same issue and cleaned it up. 24 hr parking lot security .. BUT .. the staff is kind enough to discern between commercial van operators and riff raff. It's not that difficult! If it's a big lot and the space is there, vans should be allowed to stay.

If I were asked to leave, I'd do it but I wouldn't like it.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
The J in Phoenix had the same issue and cleaned it up. 24 hr parking lot security .. BUT .. the staff is kind enough to discern between commercial van operators and riff raff. It's not that difficult! If it's a big lot and the space is there, vans should be allowed to stay.

If I were asked to leave, I'd do it but I wouldn't like it.
Almost never stay during the day anyway. There is always a mall nearby, and like a moth to the light, we go

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I guess Amazon is following the Uber method of putting drivers in seats. If they have a pulse, they're hired
Screenshot_20190730-100538.jpeg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190727-204045.jpeg
    Screenshot_20190727-204045.jpeg
    36.5 KB · Views: 20

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I know this J, like Tulsa & Aurora & many others, has a big van population PLUS homeless, etc. I think it reasonable to ask us to vacate during the day. They were waking up the people sleeping in cars too.

I’m sure you might have read his rant! He wants to sue the J’s GM in court for “Theft of Services”!

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
well I 'll be off on another road trip...This time destination southern Ontario to see my daughter. we have camp reservations starting the 18th of Aug for a week...Plan to check out the chain of lakes of Wabay SD....supposed to be some fish in them there lakes...maybe a stop over in Iowa to check put some fishin around Ntimes!..... Then If he is in the mood a coffee date with the Ragman if he is up to it...?

The Motorhome on the return trip got 10.99 mpg...planning on installing the airtabs from sprinter won't hurt any.....just to try it...

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got plenty of rest last week
Sat in Little Rock until Tuesday evening, then started east because Nancy has a doctor visit on Monday. Got as far as Franklin, KY, after spending the night at the North 40 truckstop in Camden, TN. Landed a load from Nashville to Giants Stadium in NJ. Van was full to the brim with Stones T-shirts for the gig coming up this weekend. Took a room in Knoxville Wednesday night, then dropped Nancy off at our son’s house before doing the last three hours into and through Jersey.
Now at the house, will return to duty Monday.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Got plenty of rest last week
Sat in Little Rock until Tuesday evening, then started east because Nancy has a doctor visit on Monday. Got as far as Franklin, KY, after spending the night at the North 40 truckstop in Camden, TN. Landed a load from Nashville to Giants Stadium in NJ. Van was full to the brim with Stones T-shirts for the gig coming up this weekend. Took a room in Knoxville Wednesday night, then dropped Nancy off at our son’s house before doing the last three hours into and through Jersey.
Now at the house, will return to duty Monday.

You must come to the light......in August