July's Roads & Loads

RETIDEPXE

Veteran Expediter
I haven’t contributed any here, but wanted to say I enjoyed the July read!

We too are downsizing, 2700 sq ft home w/ 5 car garage to ??? whatever we can afford. Times are slow for this solo straight.

Speaking of Starbucks and law enforcement, the Mrs. is now a Starbucks Barista (good insurance prices and coverage for her senior husband, bless her heart!) and wanted to use her freebees to give to two LEO’s, Starbucks policy does not allow this, not just to LEO’s mind you, but still smh.

Mid yr compared to last yr net off by -16%. Per mi down worse. Way too many empty mi.s and expense this yr; HEUI, injectors, towing, drive shaft retube etc, caused more down time and took some time off to help paint and ready the house to put on the market.

Our memorable anniversary; In ’08 we spent our 27th on a cruise across the Srait of Juan De Fuca, the ferry to Vancouver Island on a load LoL.

I also did lots of tinkerin this yr, repaired the POS LG front loader for the 2nd time, new condenser fan motor and capacitor on the heat pump, new timing belt and governor in the EU2000, learned to rebuild the internals on my C9’s injectors and whatever else I could find to screw up. Proud to say tho my injector rebuild went well as my most recent oil sample was a first in a long time with no issues.

Now back to wondering when my next load will be. Delivered near Raleigh Thursday, EM to Charlotte Friday, sat thru Saturday, nothing yet. #2 on 11 a day. Come on Panther, this sittin is for the birds.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I haven’t contributed any here, but wanted to say I enjoyed the July read!

We too are downsizing, 2700 sq ft home w/ 5 car garage to ??? whatever we can afford. Times are slow for this solo straight.

Speaking of Starbucks and law enforcement, the Mrs. is now a Starbucks Barista (good insurance prices and coverage for her senior husband, bless her heart!) and wanted to use her freebees to give to two LEO’s, Starbucks policy does not allow this, not just to LEO’s mind you, but still smh.

Mid yr compared to last yr net off by -16%. Per mi down worse. Way too many empty mi.s and expense this yr; HEUI, injectors, towing, drive shaft retube etc, caused more down time and took some time off to help paint and ready the house to put on the market.

Our memorable anniversary; In ’08 we spent our 27th on a cruise across the Srait of Juan De Fuca, the ferry to Vancouver Island on a load LoL.

I also did lots of tinkerin this yr, repaired the POS LG front loader for the 2nd time, new condenser fan motor and capacitor on the heat pump, new timing belt and governor in the EU2000, learned to rebuild the internals on my C9’s injectors and whatever else I could find to screw up. Proud to say tho my injector rebuild went well as my most recent oil sample was a first in a long time with no issues.

Now back to wondering when my next load will be. Delivered near Raleigh Thursday, EM to Charlotte Friday, sat thru Saturday, nothing yet. #2 on 11 a day. Come on Panther, this sittin is for the birds.

View attachment 19210
WOW, I knew it was spotty, hot & cold for us vannerz, but I thought you Str8's had to go OOS just to kount your .

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: ntimevan

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Pulled into the J on I-45 North of Houston, got a good night's sleep then at 06:00 - KNOCK, KNOCK no van parking during daylight hours, except while doing business. Oh well, I get their point, showered and moved. One vanner a few spaces away got very agitated and beligerent and refused. 10 minutes later the Houston PD convinced him to change his mind

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Pulled into the J on I-45 North of Houston, got a good night's sleep then at 06:00 - KNOCK, KNOCK no van parking during daylight hours, except while doing business. Oh well, I get their point, showered and moved. One vanner a few spaces away got very agitated and beligerent and refused. 10 minutes later the Houston PD convinced him to change his mind

Isn't the Malls open by 8 am...

" LOAD 1 "

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

Perioodic

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Close to you! In Beaumont.

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner

You should’ve read his rant on one of the FB pages. He got no sympathy whatsoever!

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
You should’ve read his rant on one of the FB pages. He got no sympathy whatsoever!

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
I know this J, like Tulsa & Aurora & many others, has a big van population PLUS homeless, etc. I think it reasonable to ask us to vacate during the day. They were waking up the people sleeping in cars too.