July's Roads & Loads

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
At home....... waiting to hear how Murray's Family Vacation to Cali went with Sally, Sally's Mom (read: Mother-in-law), 6 month old Oakley, 11 year old Owen, and the experience he will never forget, about to turn 14 Olivia. Ah, a teenager on a family vacation. Can't wait for the FB posts. Get extra popcorn ready!

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Out of service until the 7th. I have a dentist appointment, front brake pads to be installed and a garage to organize so we can get a car in there before winter. We moved two months ago. Downsizing is a :censoredsign:!
Victoria House 80.JPG

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
We have downsized considerably in preparation for our new expediting career. Still purging thru stuff. Amazing how much stuff you accumulate over the years.

I've done about 4 major downsizing over the years, and still don't know what I have, or if I do, I can never find it when i need it :rolleyes:

...With my current over due "Spring cleaning and organizing" by 3 years, I'm thinking It's time for another downsize.
It's actually more like 5% cleaning, 95% organizing, ie-putting stuff away and not having a show room of previous projects :rolleyes:
It really got ridiculous, having to maneuver around a obstacle course in my home. but I didn't really care. I rarely (if ever) have a visitor, and with my method of madness, I at least could visually see, and usually find, what I have like in a store haha. But even that plan started to get out of control.

Yesterday I did reclaim about 80% of my downstairs area, just by packing stuff away into my attic and shed.

I did like the result with added room, (a lot), and not having my home look like a cluttered show room anymore, but it did make me think that I just created the old problem. By the time I need to find what I packed away, I'll never find it, or forget that I have it and end up buying it again.

I'm starting to think, short of making a detailed inventory list of where everything is, I should just throw everything out since I'll usually end up buying it again anyways.

Bottom line, for one person, I still have entirely too much stuff, (and too much house for that matter), and it's time for another downsizing.

Hmm, for some reason, I'm really not opposed to a tiny home, still a little bigger then living in my Sprinter ;)

elm-cedar-black-1000x667.jpg