July's Roads & Loads

Perioodic

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sorry for your loss

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Thank you.

I’m loaded from Laredo to TN. Doesn’t pay too hot but I’m perfectly okay with it. I’ll be home in time. Also these last 2 Laredo loads I’ve had took forever to load. It’s just getting worse down here and idk if I’ll be making the trip back unless it’s very profitable.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I was wondering the same thing. WOM what do you think killed the rear end at 500K mi?
As above, no. The truck didn't sit in the water. It stalled and got pushed through in a matter of minutes. Unfortunately some water found its way into the cylinders. As far as the rest of the undercarriage it wasn't much different than driving in heavy rain. Why the rear end problems? Who knows? The kind of work we do? Multiple problems with the drive shaft coupling at one end has to add to the wear & tear at the differential? Ford never tested it at half a million miles? Or, dumb luck?

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
This heat wave is something else ...
I had planned to get a room in Fort Wayne during the Expo, thankfully.

Hope everyone is safe out there.

I picked the wrong year to try and go without my generator and A/C unit :rolleyes:

Had to give in and High Idle the $printer over the last 3 days.

In the end, I don't think I saved much money over a economy priced motel room.

Going to have to reevaluate my plan :rolleyes:

Noname

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
I decided to get out of the heat and came home to Florida where temperatures are peaking in high 80's.

Lots of Apollo 11 activity here at Canaveral/Kennedy this weekend. Tomorrow's launch may have just been rescheduled
but Kennedy Visitor Center has lots of new IMAX presentations, plus hands-on displays and activities.

VIP's all over the place, although I haven't seen WOM yet.

Hummer53

Veteran Expediter
Driver
It’s only 106 at approximately 5 pm here in Vegas. Where in Florida is it only in the high 80’s in July?

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I decided to get out of the heat and came home to Florida where temperatures are peaking in high 80's.

Lots of Apollo 11 activity here at Canaveral/Kennedy this weekend. Tomorrow's launch may have just been rescheduled
but Kennedy Visitor Center has lots of new IMAX presentations, plus hands-on displays and activities.

VIP's all over the place, although I haven't seen WOM yet.
Still in Jersey waiting to get my rear end working. Ford never came through, which turned out better because yesterday I was up in Massachusetts a got a used rear/axle unit for 1/3 of the price. Less than 50K so should hold up for a little while. Hopefully back out, and air conditioning working too, in a couple of days.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Cocoa, Fl., near NASA launch areas, has forecast of 90 as high for next three days, then highs of 88-89 well into August. Come on down.
There are a lot of things I don't understand. I'm 1000 miles North of you and today will be 10° hotter up here. I also don't understand why an oil tanker stuck in Iran is expected to raise the price of gas in America?

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
At Wayne's World ...

I knew I should have replaced the water pump when I got my serpentine belt replaced in Nov. Like most geniuses, I said to myself .. let's see how long this one will last ..? 400K mi on this pump & I have a coolant leak. At least it didn't strand me on the side of the road.

Btw .... beautiful weather in OH this morning.