July's Roads & Loads

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A day in the life...and random thoughts.

Ahh, Cutting the grass...such a love/had relationship.
Hate doing it, but love the results.
After firing my last 3 lawn care people, I decided to take on the task this year.
Of all years to take over, with all the rain it's been a challenge to keep the jungle tame while away :rolleyes:

I curse the day I decided to have gutters put up. With the rain and my favorite nuisance trees filling the gutters with their seeds, I got a freaking garden growing up there. I was able to remove most of it from the ground with a handy dandy tool I had bought, but it's a pain. I gave up on the real high ones. I'm so tempted to just have the gutters removed.

While cleaning up my mess, I noticed the for sale sign on the house across the street it gone, did it sell already?
It's only been a month or so. I had checked the price out of curiosity, and I though it was way over priced for this tiny home.
I checked and it's not listed anymore, but another one 2 doors down is up for sale now. I was shocked at the price listed.
Both of these homes pale in comparison to mine. I find it hard to believe that prices have gone up that much in the +4 years I've been here, or I really did get a hell of a buy. They are going for 2-2 1/2 times what I paid o_O

Now what they actually get is another thing, but definitely has me thinking about selling ;)
Man, what a pain that would be :rolleyes:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
While cleaning up my mess, I noticed the for sale sign on the house across the street it gone, did it sell already?
It's only been a month or so. I had checked the price out of curiosity, and I though it was way over priced for this tiny home.
I checked and it's not listed anymore, but another one 2 doors down is up for sale now. I was shocked at the price listed.
Both of these homes pale in comparison to mine. I find it hard to believe that prices have gone up that much in the +4 years I've been here, or I really did get a hell of a buy. They are going for 2-2 1/2 times what I paid o_O

Now what they actually get is another thing, but definitely has me thinking about selling ;)
Man, what a pain that would be :rolleyes:
Yep, really amazing ain't it.

Want to be shocked, check out some of the prices houses are going for in Detroit.

Reactions: RoadTime

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sitting at the Pilot in Laplace LA waiting to unload in the morning. Just looked at the sky and dark clouds all around. Went to the Weather Bug app and found out there is a tropical depression just off shore from New Orleans. Not an easy feeling right now. Planning on doing a turn and burn after delivery. Don’t know what direction yet but will have a decision by the time I make my delivery in the morning.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Sitting at the Pilot in Laplace LA waiting to unload in the morning. Just looked at the sky and dark clouds all around. Went to the Weather Bug app and found out there is a tropical depression just off shore from New Orleans. Not an easy feeling right now. Planning on doing a turn and burn after delivery. Don’t know what direction yet but will have a decision by the time I make my delivery in the morning.
Baytown? That or Memphis. Is the track of storm to curl northeast after landing?

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Baytown? That or Memphis. Is the track of storm to curl northeast after landing?

Well right now it’s moving west south west. Just came from Houston. Thinking about heading to Atlanta.
Head north..... weather service doesn't know the track yet.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
A Hurricane in the Gulf. What could go wrong?

flood-van.jpg

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Oh joy, after a couple of nice cool nights at home. Having service work done on the van in the morning and camping out at the shop. Of course it's midnight and 83F :rolleyes:

Reactions: ntimevan

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well can't say that was a great nights sleep, waiting for the van to cool off enough to sleep.
After 2 weeks at home, can't say I enjoyed being back in the van :rolleyes:

I planned on going back into service from here, but due to a delayed shipping issue for something I ordered, looks like I will be heading back home as the package with be arriving on Friday :(

mr_durdan

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sitting in Houston since Sunday night. Dispatch says it's super slow and she hasn't been able to win any bids.