July's Roads & Loads

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well crap, it's only Tuesday.
Put my trash out on Monday. Guess that explains why i'm the only person with trash on the curb...trash day is Wednesday :rolleyes:

Guess I got a little carried away throwing stuff out ;)

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Well crap, it's only Tuesday.
Put my trash out on Monday. Guess that explains why i'm the only person with trash on the curb...trash day is Wednesday :rolleyes:

Guess I got a little carried away throwing stuff out ;)
Mine goes out Monday night, unless it's a holiday, then Tuesday. Live in a 55+ community with a thick book of by-laws. The punishment for putting trash out on the wrong day here stiff.

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

• Wow
Reactions: RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Mine goes out Monday night, unless it's a holiday, then Tuesday. Live in a 55+ community with a thick book of by-laws. The punishment for putting trash out on the wrong day here stiff.

I used to live in a similar community. When you mentioned it in a prior post, I was thinking I would not mind being back.
But after reading this post, I'm reminded of one of the reasons I left ;)

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I used to live in a similar community. When you mentioned it in a prior post, I was thinking I would not mind being back.
But after reading this post, I'm reminded of one of the reasons I left ;)
Actually, I'm a hermit so I stay to myself so the rules don't bother me. Plus, I'm very good at pissing others off so they stay away from me too. Being a curmudgeon is full time work.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
5 years ago we downsized from a 5 bedroom, 2 story, walkout basement, large 3 car garage and 10x12 shed to a 4 bedroom, 2 story walkout basement, smaller 3 car garage and shed. Our current and hopefully final downsize is a 2 bedroom, 2 car garage, no basement, no shed (HOA) house. Our children, Salvation Army, Disabled Veterans and our county recycling center were the beneficiaries of our downsize.

The most difficult to part with was my beer can collection. I started collecting beer cans in junior high and had nearly 800 cans. All of the steel cans went to the county recycling center. The aluminum cans ended up in a bin at our church.:cry: I did keep 168 of my most favorite and rare cans.:smile: No place to display them thought.
Beer Can Collection 1971 640.jpg
Circa 1971
Beer Cans 10 640.jpg
Circa 2019

Hummer53

Veteran Expediter
Driver
5 years ago we downsized from a 5 bedroom, 2 story, walkout basement, large 3 car garage and 10x12 shed to a 4 bedroom, 2 story walkout basement, smaller 3 car garage and shed. Our current and hopefully final downsize is a 2 bedroom, 2 car garage, no basement, no shed (HOA) house. Our children, Salvation Army, Disabled Veterans and our county recycling center were the beneficiaries of our downsize.

The most difficult to part with was my beer can collection. I started collecting beer cans in junior high and had nearly 800 cans. All of the steel cans went to the county recycling center. The aluminum cans ended up in a bin at our church.:cry: I did keep 168 of my most favorite and rare cans.:smile: No place to display them thought.
View attachment 19142
Circa 1971
View attachment 19143
Circa 2019
:cry:

Reactions: brokcanadian

TSXpress2015

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Driving home empty after striking out on more than 10 loads. Dispatch said they bid on some at nearly .60 a mile, and didn't get any at all. Who out there is running these so damn cheap? Going to park it until Wednesday, and maybe try it again. Then again, I have a meeting Tuesday and if all goes well, it will be parked indefinitely. Getting to be so frustrating out here. Friday there were 214 vans in Laredo, and those were just the ones who reported on sylectus. I told dispatch I'd rather park the sprinter, than run cheap freight.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Driving home empty after striking out on more than 10 loads. Dispatch said they bid on some at nearly .60 a mile, and didn't get any at all. Who out there is running these so damn cheap? Going to park it until Wednesday, and maybe try it again. Then again, I have a meeting Tuesday and if all goes well, it will be parked indefinitely. Getting to be so frustrating out here. Friday there were 214 vans in Laredo, and those were just the ones who reported on sylectus. I told dispatch I'd rather park the sprinter, than run cheap freight.
With hundreds of vans available I'm surprised anyone gets freight at a profitable price, possibly the larger companies that have a dedicated customer base. Border freight (I believe) is mostly driven by the auto industry. June & July the manufacturer is doing maintenance and gearing up for a new model year. So, stay away from the border for the summer. IMHO

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
It's so ironic when bidding on loads at .60 while simultaneously complaining about cheap freight. Look in the mirror ... :rolleyes:

Racing towards the bottom will not attract customers.
Your not on my azz again, are you? Never had a .60 load in my life. And I don't complain about what others charge. It's their truck, their business and they can run it the way they want