January Locations and Banter

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
John, just saw the post on FB... our sympathies and continued prayers for the family.

Dale

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Heaven has another angel. RIP "Dad" Weglowski. 12/17/1943 to 1/28/2013.

guido4475

Not a Member
My deepest prayers and sympathy goes out to Greta, you and you're extended family as well for you're loss, as well as ours. I didn't know Dad as well as I would of liked to, but from what I do know he was a great man, greatly respected,who will be greatly missed by everyone.May he rest in peace.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Our hearts go out to the family and you. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

I was always told DAD meant. Dedicated Angels Disguised. R.I.P.

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
Heaven has another angel. RIP "Dad" Weglowski. 12/17/1943 to 1/28/2013.

john my deepest sympathy to you & your wife & the whole family on the passing of Dad not that words can change it , but Dad will be missed as a lot knew him up in the yard ..
peter groat
pjtransport/load 1

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
My sympathies to you and your family John. He has no more pain. Those left behind will grieve, but "dad" has moved on to a better place.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
John: you've lost his presence, but you will always have his spirit around you. You will one day notice a smile, a gesture, a particular tilt of the head in a grandchild that reminds you of him, and you'll know that those we love never really entirely leave us. It's not enough, but it's what we get, and we cherish it.
I am sorry for your loss.

SWTexas1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
John, our prayers for you and your family. While there are no words for a time like this, know that his memory will always be there for your family.

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
ok guys would like some feed back on this one , sitting in council bluff ia / omaha ne . been here not that long but lol 39.5 hours was just checking to see if phone turned on as it not rang at all since dropping load in grand island NE .
but there is a storm rolling in they are saying 2" to 4 " here and east or south much higher amounts & ICE ouch ! ask dispatch for a possible move back east but been no reply should i just get out of council bluff ia point my girl EAST towards IL . & get back to earning $$ in IL ? ..
Wombat

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
ok guys would like some feed back on this one , sitting in council bluff ia / omaha ne . been here not that long but lol 39.5 hours was just checking to see if phone turned on as it not rang at all since dropping load in grand island NE .
but there is a storm rolling in they are saying 2" to 4 " here and east or south much higher amounts & ICE ouch ! ask dispatch for a possible move back east but been no reply should i just get out of council bluff ia point my girl EAST towards IL . & get back to earning $$ in IL ? ..
Wombat

I'd be heading eastward a bit...

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
I'd be heading eastward a bit...
Thanks ken , been a long time since i was in this area was not sure if any loads came out of here was hoping for a empty but looks like i will bite the bullet before this storm gets here , wow look at the pretty pink , kansas city 4" to 6" snow & ice . des monies 3" to 5" . . . i am ready for summer lol
wombat ..

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks ken , been a long time since i was in this area was not sure if any loads came out of here was hoping for a empty but looks like i will bite the bullet before this storm gets here , wow look at the pretty pink , kansas city 4" to 6" snow & ice . des monies 3" to 5" . . . i am ready for summer lol
wombat ..

It is going to catch up with ya...predicting high winds with this one...be safe....talking tornado warnings and watches here in KY for tomorrow...

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM THIS EVENING THROUGH WEDNESDAY MORNING... THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN DES MOINES HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM THIS EVENING THROUGH WEDNESDAY MORNING.
* TIMING... RAIN WILL BEGIN TO CHANGE OVER TO SNOW ACROSS CENTRAL IOWA TUESDAY EVENING. SNOWFALL WILL PERSIST THROUGHOUT THE OVERNIGHT.
* STORM TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS... HEAVIEST SNOWFALL TOTALS WILL BE BETWEEN 4 TO 6 INCHES... THOUGH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS ARE POSSIBLE.
* WINDS/VISIBILITY... WINDS WILL INCREASE THROUGH THE EVENING AND OVERNIGHT HOURS. WINDS WILL BE BETWEEN 20 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS AS HIGH AS 35 MPH OVERNIGHT. WINDS MAY COMBINE WITH FALLING SNOW TO REDUCE VISIBILITIES.
* IMPACTS... SNOW MAY INITIALLY BE HEAVY AS IT TRANSITIONS FROM RAIN. WITH STRONG WINDS IT MAY ACCUMULATE ON POWER LINES... TREE BRANCHES AND OTHER SURFACES. IN ADDITION... WARM INITIAL GROUND TEMPERATURES WILL ALLOW FOR FALLING SNOW TO MELT AND REFREEZE ON SURFACES SUCH AS ROADWAYS.
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...
A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT SNOW... SLEET... OR ICE ACCUMULATIONS THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL. CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS.
&&
More Information

... HEAVY SNOW AND STRONG WINDS POSSIBLE TUESDAY NIGHT...
.AN INTENSIFYING LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL LIFT NE ACROSS MISSOURI OVERNIGHT TUESDAY... SPREADING CHANCES FOR RAIN CHANGING OVER TO SNOW ACROSS CENTRAL IOWA. SNOWFALL WILL COMBINE WITH STRONG WINDS AND MAY LEAD TO HAZARDOUS CONDITIONS TUESDAY NIGHT. WITH AN EVOLVING SYSTEM TIMING AND LOCATION OF HEAVIEST SNOW IS UNCERTAIN.

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Line of strong to severe storms likely late tonight and early wednesday... A rapidly strengthening surface low will move from the middle mississippi river valley to the great lakes by dawn on wednesday. A solid line of storms will develop ahead of a trailing cold front and will move into areas west of i-65 after midnight est late tuesday night... moving rapidly east to near the i-75 corridor by around dawn on wednesday. Very strong winds and somewhat unstable conditions near the surface will likely allow for some instances of damaging winds through tuesday night. Isolated brief tornadoes will also be a threat with this line of storms. stay up to date of the latest forecasts as timing of this line of storms could vary slightly.

Since this line of storms is expected to move through during the overnight hours when many will be sleeping... It is a good idea to make sure to leave your weather radio set on alert mode.
Outside of thunderstorm winds... Sustained surface winds of 20 to 30 mph with gusts between 35 to 40 mph will be possible from late this afternoon... Lasting into the afternoon on wednesday

xxiv24

Expert Expediter
Ok, enough is enough. The doors to this van are no longer open for junk loads...this is bs.
Never thought I would have to ask a list of questions for a load but stand by to stand by. :banghead:

sent using my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
One of our biggest concerns is the amount of wind energy carried by this large-scale storm system.
Jet stream winds are forecast to easily exceed 150 miles per hour with this system. But more alarmingly, the winds in the lower atmosphere are also expected to be fierce - with the potential for southerly winds of 90 to 105 miles per hour just 5,000 feet above the ground in some areas just ahead of the cold front.

That combination of powerful wind energy and an unstable atmosphere - even an only weakly unstable one as we often see in January - may lead to widespread straight-line wind damage along with the potential for a few tornadoes.

In addition, with such a strong wind field accompanying this system, individual thunderstorms or squall lines are likely to move forward lightning-quick, at speeds of 50, 60, even 70 miles per hour, making quick action all the more important if and when severe weather warnings are issued.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
good morning dear..guess I don't have to check into the weather channel this morning...you two are putting up all the reports...lol