January 2013 locations

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wisconson where its currently 2 BELOW ZERO....

That doesn't sound all that bad, I'm in Wausau and it's -9. I dropped and hit the nearest Wally World, it was -13. I was impressed that my generator started. I set my bed up and dozed off. I woke up a couple of hours later and it was colder in the bunk than when I went to sleep. I noticed that I parked with the cab away from the sun and into the wind. It's quite a bit better now that I've turned it around.

It's cold... It's so cold that I saw Leona Helmsley walk by wearing a gown with a sash that said "Mrs. Warmth."

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Still basking in the sun underneath my palm tree at the J in Bham. just looking for A margarita with an umbrella in the glass.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks for the update you guys...

(Highway Star takes a deep breath and resists going off like a drunken Mel Gibson being arrested by a Jewish cop.)

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Thanks for the update you guys...

(Highway Star takes a deep breath and resists going off like a drunken Mel Gibson being arrested by a Jewish cop.)
Well, you could try sleeping during the warmer parts of the daylight hours and spending the night inside a truckstop where its warm. I hear thats all the rage these days..lol

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
That doesn't sound all that bad, I'm in Wausau and it's -9. I dropped and hit the nearest Wally World, it was -13. I was impressed that my generator started. I set my bed up and dozed off. I woke up a couple of hours later and it was colder in the bunk than when I went to sleep. I noticed that I parked with the cab away from the sun and into the wind. It's quite a bit better now that I've turned it around.

It's cold... It's so cold that I saw Leona Helmsley walk by wearing a gown with a sash that said "Mrs. Warmth."

How do I put this?

Oh yeah... She's dead, Kim.

moose

Veteran Expediter
Laredo , T.X for the 1st time in 2 years! now loading here, then going to the J'.
anyone wanna have a Moose for dinner ?

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
Dropped in Flint and picking up in the morning bound for Louisville...then hoping for a nice long run.

jimby82

Veteran Expediter
Antioch. TN at the TA for a bit. Having the truck PM'd. Pickup in Indiana in the morning, headed to Pittsburgh. Glad to be out of the "deep freeze" for a little while ;)

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We are at home. We are watching the Red Wings home opener. We have a load for the 24th picking up near hear and heading for MD. It is +7 now. Nice fire in the wood stove. Good thing. The APU on shore power is only able to keep the truck at +40. That does not bode well. So much for new toys.

jimby82

Veteran Expediter
Spent last night at the Monroe TA. Took about a half hour just to defrost the windows this morning!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Spent last night at the Monroe TA. Took about a half hour just to defrost the windows this morning!

OH MY! You should have called us! We were home, LOTS of fire in the stove, home cooked meal, room for you truck and a spare bed! IF only I had known!

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Still at home....been available since Friday morning and no load. This weather is for the birds. I heard last night I 90 from Erie, PA to Buffalo was closed and with all the school closings in the area nothing is moving. I guess I'm going to have to wait and someday I'll get that load!!:mad:

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Got sunburn yesterday here in bmham thinking about relocating close to vegas nashvegas that is the tinsel town of TN where the men are men and the sheep are scared!