It's a Merry Christmas Month

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Happy Birthday Jason!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
Great I am a Dodge guy myself....I might actually watch for this one....even tho I am not in the market....:)

The plan for this winter's project is to build a box that drops on the Promaster chassis/cab easily. Then if someone wants a truck like it, they order the cab/chassis from Ram and when it arrives, we drop their box on in a day, because we built it while their cab/chassis was being built.

guido4475

Not a Member
Well sorry to hear that. I got some gift cards and one of those hoses that you see in tv that retracts and expands. Well that and a lot of Jameson!

I carry one of those hoses with me in the van, a 25 footer. If you connect more than one together, the water pressure is greatly reduced because of the inside diameter. But they are cool.They do contract pretty well.

guido4475

Not a Member
It will be interesting to see how the Dodge product effects the sprinters dominance in the expedite market.

I think it will affect them pretty good. And if Ford ever gets their act together they may add to the hurtin' on a Sprinter.It just bothers me that no one has come out with something as close to a Sprinter as far as length.

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
I think it will affect them pretty good. And if Ford ever gets their act together they may add to the hurtin' on a Sprinter.It just bothers me that no one has come out with something as close to a Sprinter as far as length.

That's why I build a longer box and put it on chassis/cabs. Manufacturers just don't consider the North American expeditor market when they size their big vans.

The Promaster box will be built wide enough to fit a standard mattress side to side as well. Expeditors need (and deserve) the best sleep they can get! The mattress can be stowed on the side walls if more cargo must be transported.

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I carry one of those hoses with me in the van, a 25 footer. If you connect more than one together, the water pressure is greatly reduced because of the inside diameter. But they are cool.They do contract pretty well.

Mine rotted within 2 months....the cloth just fell apart..I could pull the plastic apart by hand..:(

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ford will fall to the wayside....they'll screw it up again....They FAILED against Dodge in the minivan market with the crappy Areostar vs Caravan...Ford is always playing catch up...never the innovator just a follower....IMO

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Good morning from sunny Texas. Hope everyone is doing well. I agree. Ford leads on the pick up truck segment but has fallen on the van side.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good morning from sunny Texas. Hope everyone is doing well. I agree. Ford leads on the pick up truck segment but has fallen on the van side.

I mean the E350 is a good product...for a slop bucket, wash and wear, throw away and get another type van....

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Sigh.. I was gonna go back in service today... but some goober pulled out in front of me in the van when I was on my way to fuel up... (No I didn't hit her... LOL>..) panic VERY hard braking resulted in brake sensor coming on.(the circle with dotted lines one LOL) and a noisy left front brake.. brake pads looked fine when we changed tires back in July or so, but I tore up a pad or something.., because tho I braked fine, I had noise when I drove away... getting new rotors and pads today. The wheels never locked up, the ABS did it's thing and I missed her.. but wow... pucker factor number 5 (couldn't pull a needle with vicegrips? LOL) For a few seconds, I thought I was getting a new office sooner than I planned!

me

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sigh.. I was gonna go back in service today... but some goober pulled out in front of me in the van when I was on my way to fuel up... (No I didn't hit her... LOL>..) panic VERY hard braking resulted in brake sensor coming on.(the circle with dotted lines one LOL) and a noisy left front brake.. brake pads looked fine when we changed tires back in July or so, but I tore up a pad or something.., because tho I braked fine, I had noise when I drove away... getting new rotors and pads today. The wheels never locked up, the ABS did it's thing and I missed her.. but wow... pucker factor number 5 (couldn't pull a needle with vicegrips? LOL) For a few seconds, I thought I was getting a new office sooner than I planned!

me

sounds like a jammed piston in the caliper...

guido4475

Not a Member
That's why I build a longer box and put it on chassis/cabs. Manufacturers just don't consider the North American expeditor market when they size their big vans.

The Promaster box will be built wide enough to fit a standard mattress side to side as well. Expeditors need (and deserve) the best sleep they can get! The mattress can be stowed on the side walls if more cargo must be transported.

That's why I love my Spartan body Ford. 77 wide inside. 75 after the insulation and wall covering. A standard 75 long twin mattress fits perfect between the walls on 2 skid loads. 3 skid loads I lose the bed. That's why I would love to see one of these in a 15 footer minimum length. Built out of aluminum.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
sounds like a jammed piston in the caliper...

It was making a scraping noise as I drove away, plus that light... He got it apart, caliper looks fine, must have been borderline on pads. Said pad definitely messed up.... weird.. I have no idea what was on here previously...maybe a cheap pad? Sure did not like a panic stop.... putting some Wearever Gold pads on, and we're replacing the rotors anyway.. 60.00 apiece at Advance, I consider it preventive maintenance.

Me.

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
That's why I love my Spartan body Ford. 77 wide inside. 75 after the insulation and wall covering. A standard 75 long twin mattress fits perfect between the walls on 2 skid loads. 3 skid loads I lose the bed. That's why I would love to see one of these in a 15 footer minimum length. Built out of aluminum.

That's the plan. A twin bed is 39" wide so allowing for an insulated bulkhead, the box would need to be about 185" long inside to fit 3 48" skids and a twin mattress. That's as long as I'd want to build a Promaster box.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

That's the plan. A twin bed is 39" wide so allowing for an insulated bulkhead, the box would need to be about 185" long inside to fit 3 48" skids and a twin mattress. That's as long as I'd want to build a Promaster box.

My Serta mattress is 72" long.....The Pragma bed is 75" long which gives a 3" overhang....I need to find a way to cut it back.....Thank goodness 48" x48" skids are not used as much anymore...
I have 14 feet from back of seat.....a 6' bed, leaves right on 8 feet....