It's a Merry Christmas Month

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Bear with me...I'm in mixed emotions tonight .. spent a couple days with close and extended family...

BUT... thanking God for protection and a long time friend mechanic. He found hidden problems with the office, that cost me a lot more than projected, but I can't help but be thankful. Being a friend, he spent several hours working on what was supposed to be a couple of minor problems. I had a hidden broken bracket, on what I thought was simple noisy power steering pump replacement ( ... the bracket was cracked, and the other side.. .the bolt was stripped and needed re-tapped..) and totally rust jacked brake rotors that took a 20 ton press to get apart. I was wishing for "One more short run" Christmas Eve... but can you imagine what road service would have charged! He spent a good part of 2 day working on it... Thank God for mechanic friends! You know it's a problem when a dude with 30 years experience is getting frustrated.

Me

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think I'm officially bored out of my mind . Friday lab draws and Saturday new rotors to break up the monotony :rolleyes: Maybe I'll do my lab draw early just for kicks :p

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I'm officially way past bored out of my mind. My Last Available is showing LA:168 but it's actually 232, and after my dry run last Thursday the 26th my Last Load is showing LL:0. And not a peep since the dry run.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Bear with me...I'm in mixed emotions tonight .. spent a couple days with close and extended family...

BUT... thanking God for protection and a long time friend mechanic. He found hidden problems with the office, that cost me a lot more than projected, but I can't help but be thankful. Being a friend, he spent several hours working on what was supposed to be a couple of minor problems. I had a hidden broken bracket, on what I thought was simple noisy power steering pump replacement ( ... the bracket was cracked, and the other side.. .the bolt was stripped and needed re-tapped..) and totally rust jacked brake rotors that took a 20 ton press to get apart. I was wishing for "One more short run" Christmas Eve... but can you imagine what road service would have charged! He spent a good part of 2 day working on it... Thank God for mechanic friends! You know it's a problem when a dude with 30 years experience is getting frustrated.

Me

I went through something like that. Went to replace a O-Ring, ended up removing the whole front in to get to some stripped bolts on the upper pulley. So, while I was in there, changed all pulley's and fan clutch. It would engage on the first 3 or 4 miles then go off. Over 70 degrees it would stay engaged. I did get rid of the "Ticking" it was the upper pulley. Good thing was, I had all the parts, including a new OEM bolt. The only part I had to buy was the water sensor for the fuel filter, would not tighten up and leaked, and the O-ring.

And then, I had a wild hair and removed the fuel tank on my Z71. Fuel pump replacement. I will, if I have to do this again, remove the bed of the truck. Next up, new engine for the truck from Summit racing.... But, I need to get to work sometime. Had not a load since the 19th of Nov.

Something easy and smiple seems to always turn to something else. Like pulling into Wal-Mart and hearing air coming out the drivers side front tire. Call youngest to come take me to tire store. value stem replaced, get back to Van, put tire back on......Yep, paaenger side front flat. Another value stem. My 4th this year, yes it is a high PSI stem(s), and no they are not cut.....

But, I am still walking on the right side of the dirt, so all is good.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm officially way past bored out of my mind. My Last Available is showing LA:168 but it's actually 232, and after my dry run last Thursday the 26th my Last Load is showing LL:0. And not a peep since the dry run.

Makes me glad I'm home, especially with the cold temps and slow freight. Oddly I woke up this morning feeling less bored and more motivated to just enjoy the time off that I planned on, and get things done that I keep putting off. Also realized it's New Years Eve, Since I forgot must mean I have no plans :rolleyes:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Good morning from cold sunny quiet Taylor Michigan. These Wed holidays have REALLY thrown the brakes on freight. Be glad to see them behind us.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Especially after yesterday...my beloved hubby runs down town to take care of some errands and as usual was a bit later when he returns...walks in yelping to put the coffee pot on since he's run into the contractor who has worked on our home in the past and since John wasn't too busy this year they decided they'd finally upgrade our bedroom and bath to make much needed space. So I've got about six months to get ready for that and we just might need a few extra coins...honey...GET to WORK! lol

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Especially after yesterday...my beloved hubby runs down town to take care of some errands and as usual was a bit later when he returns...walks in yelping to put the coffee pot on since he's run into the contractor who has worked on our home in the past and since John wasn't too busy this year they decided they'd finally upgrade our bedroom and bath to make much needed space. So I've got about six months to get ready for that and we just might need a few extra coins...honey...GET to WORK! lol
I've set in motion the long planned new addition to the house to be started....!