Is this sexist in todays enlightened world?

witness23

Veteran Expediter
Oh come on now, I'm not that discombobulated. I was hoping that someone would say that there was no comparison to what the Commander did to what Biden did.

There is no comparison. How's that? :D I kind of understood what you are saying, but like I asked in the second post of the thread, "what did he do that was
disgusting?

With all due respect, I really cannot see the correlation between the two.

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
One of my favorite words, along with fiddlesticks. I have banned myself from any profanity anywhere. (three young grandchildren all under the ages of 18.5 months. My most recent is only 2 months old today and weighs a whopping 14 lbs. 14 oz. or 6.747 kilos.

WOW how big when born? :D

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
I didn't watch the video. That being said. The Navy fired a Captain not a Commander. He may have been a Commander when he was Executive officer. The only problem I see is the Captain of the USS Enterprise at the time is FULLY responsible for his ship and should have shouldered the blame.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Sexist? Not by the furthest stretch of imagination - I'm pretty sure every father tells his daughter pretty much the same thing, and they know he doesn't mean it. [Most are fine with dating at 21;)]
Everyone makes dumb jokes. I could accept that Capt Honors was just making dumb jokes, [if calling his troops ':censoredsign:s' even was a joke], but I just cannot accept that calling those who complained about the vids "gutless" for going through channels was good judgment.
If his troops don't feel they can bring whatever they think he should be aware of to his attention, directly or through channels, how does he expect to hear it?
And if he doesn't want to hear it, how can he be effective? What else doesn't he know about?:confused:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Good thing I never had a daughter. Would have shipped her off to a convent in the far reaches of Alaska 2 years BEFORE puberty struck!! Boys were bad enough, but at least I could kick their butts to keep them in line!! :D Kicking butts was the MAIN reason that god invented steel toed boots!! :p

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Sexist? Not by the furthest stretch of imagination - I'm pretty sure every father tells his daughter pretty much the same thing, and they know he doesn't mean it. [Most are fine with dating at 21;)]
Everyone makes dumb jokes. I could accept that Capt Honors was just making dumb jokes, [if calling his troops ':censoredsign:s' even was a joke], but I just cannot accept that calling those who complained about the vids "gutless" for going through channels was good judgment.
If his troops don't feel they can bring whatever they think he should be aware of to his attention, directly or through channels, how does he expect to hear it?
And if he doesn't want to hear it, how can he be effective? What else doesn't he know about?:confused:

This from a guy that served with the Commander:
On a Navy warship, the terms ":censoredsign:" and "gay" are not used as a means of gay-bashing or to spread anti-homosexual beliefs. With a crew that's 90% men, they simply become words used as insults, always playfully. As a sailor, I have a filter that I switch on and off when with my shipmates or when in public.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Wow, what are they feeding that baby? My grandson was 4.x months old before he was almost 15 pounds I believe and he's no tiny tot.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Wow, what are they feeding that baby? My grandson was 4.x months old before he was almost 15 pounds I believe and he's no tiny tot.
Well when he went to the Doctor the other day they asked how much he's drinking 3 or 4 oz's? the daughter-in-law laughed and said 6 to 7 oz's most of the time. The little guy just guzzles it down in less time than my other grandchildren and they are almost 19 months. Some stats: off the chart in weight :eek:, 95% in height.
Helpful history: My wife is an even six foot and I'm slightly shorter (and just as tall when I convert metric to feet :D she's european and only knows metric :confused: ) Her father is my height but very broad in the shoulders. Her brothers come in at 6'6" and 6'7". My son comes in at 6'!' and 230 broad in the shoulders and strong as an ox.