Is this sexist in todays enlightened world?

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I don't think there is anything wrong with it, he is a funny guy with all kinds of funny things to say ... like that thing about the wheelchair guy and the other thing about 7-11 and the Indians.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
I don't see anything sexist in that video.

Here's a sexist remark made by Biden a few months ago on Leno concerning Anna Chapman. (watch the second video)

VIDEO: Biden tells Leno we should have kept Anna Chapman - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

Some may see it as sexist, I don't. I like Biden when he's like this, just wish he was not our VP and next in line for the Presidency. Biden would be a great CEO for a major corporation who is also very visible in the public eye (Think Bill Gates-Microsoft) than he is today as a Politician.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
You know I can't think that going on a entertainment show does nothing for you other inflate your ego. Maybe we need to have people in leadership positions who don't give a crap about Oprah, Leno and the other talking idiots but to actually worry about our problems and fixing them.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I suggested the same thing to my daughters, joking of course. Will there be some ACLU or NOW members who take offense and find it inappropriate? Most likely so since the majority in both those groups are morons. Was there actually anything wrong with it? No, not in the least.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
No Leo, you don't get it. Those groups are the ones who will remain silent on the matter because Biden is a left leaning democrat.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If not one of them then some other moron since it was nothing but an old guy making a dumb joke as old guys are wont to do. Only a moron would take offense and I just chose two of the largest pools of morons to suggest.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
What are you wondering about? That I might be offended, or that I might be a moron?

We know you are not a Moron by any means, but what Leo meant.

jaminjim; said:
Based on recent firings for something equally disgusting, should Biden be fired?

You seemed to be offended by this.

And then this pops up.

If not one of them then some other moron since it was nothing but an old guy making a dumb joke as old guys are wont to do. Only a moron would take offense and I just chose two of the largest pools of morons to suggest.

Last edited:

witness23

Veteran Expediter
What are wondering about? That I might be offended, or that I might be a moron?

Seriously? If you would notice I was referring to greg's post, which he posed the question to LDB. The question being, you may have been offended, so does LDB think you are a moron? What strikes me as odd, is why you would question me about my post and not greg?

witness23

Veteran Expediter
Thank you greg. I was in the middle of my post and had not seen that you had responded.

Oh....and btw, I do not think you are a moron.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
greg said:
You seemed to be offended by this.
Well I could see someone thinking that I was offended based on what I posted, but I wasn't. I was hoping some would take the high road and say that it was inappropriate or just in bad taste. Then I would feel free to tell them that what Biden did was rather goofy considering the place and circumstances. You would think that the number two man in our Government could have said something more meaningful.

It was a naked attempt to get the debate restarted on the Navy Commanders firing.

Moron? nope.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
It was a naked attempt to get the debate restarted on the Navy Commanders firing.

NO Actually it wasn't. It was something I asked the poster what he meant. It wasn't a reflection on you but a simple, legitimate question that reflected on the poster because of other comments made and so far went unanswered.

I also think that you are partially right, the number 2 should set a better example but the partially right thing comes from the problem we are dealing with two factors that insulate him from any criticism that he really should get; one is the emotional party base who think this is acceptable representation of the country and will (and has) defend(ed) his comments, and the other is that the man is somewhat of an idiot when you read his comments and what ever he says is sometimes very embarrassing to the country. People beat up on Quayle, and Bush for that matter but when it came down to offensive and racist language from someone who is supposed to be a bit above others, no one can beat Biden.

Let's talk about firing people with the context of stupid comments, I think the reset button and other 'gifts' from our state department justified removing our SofS.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
ROFL what a great word - never heard that one before (had to google it) :D:p

One of my favorite words, along with fiddlesticks. I have banned myself from any profanity anywhere. (three young grandchildren all under the ages of 18.5 months. My most recent is only 2 months old today and weighs a whopping 14 lbs. 14 oz. or 6.747 kilos.