is fedexcc who I should be with?

xman1827

Active Expediter
Me and my partner just started team driving for FedExcc with a expediter. They are currrently paying $1.30 with the fsc. Are they paying the most in the industry for expediters? Or is express1 or panther Paying more ?

idtrans

Expert Expediter
Me and my partner just started team driving for FedExcc with a expediter. They are currrently paying $1.30 with the fsc. Are they paying the most in the industry for expediters? Or is express1 or panther Paying more ?

What size truck are you driving ? if it's a straight your getting ripped off bad ! If your in a cv or sprinter that's not bad.

If your in a semi your getting violated real bad !!!

All boils down to capacity you can haul and if your where your willing to drive to .

xman1827

Active Expediter
Yeah we are driving a 22' straight truck. What other companies are paying better? We don't stop rolling but then again we are putting a lot of ware and tare on the truck.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Yeah we are driving a 22' straight truck. What other companies are paying better? We don't stop rolling but then again we are putting a lot of ware and tare on the truck.

Just about anywhere you go will pay more than 1.30 all in.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You should be asking recruiters this. Also you only mentioned the big companies, don't limit yourself in your research. Talk to other drivers at truck stops also and ask how they are running ppm, deadhead etc.

xman1827

Active Expediter
There's a lot of companies out there and I feel like there's more money to be made out there. Yeah FedEx pays dead head and and tolls on occasions but really I am trying to figure out is it worth staying with them at that rate considering we don't stop rolling or are other companies rolling as much and paying more

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
Are you on the flat rate program? If so, you're getting that rate for all authorized miles, loaded and empty. Further, it makes Dave's "all in" response skewed.

From what he's reported here, the program is working well for jjoerger. Only you know your costs, and your expected profit. If you need help with that, do a search for "spreadsheet" here on EO. Pretty sure you'll find something here to help you.

Hope that helps.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

idtrans

Expert Expediter
If the $1.30 pm is for loaded and empty that is not a bad deal. Because other companies may get you $1.75pm but you may have to dh 200 miles so $1.30pm for all miles is not bad.

Are you on the flat rate program? If so, you're getting that rate for all authorized miles, loaded and empty. Further, it makes Dave's "all in" response skewed.

From what he's reported here, the program is working well for jjoerger. Only you know your costs, and your expected profit. If you need help with that, do a search for "spreadsheet" here on EO. Pretty sure you'll find something here to help you.

Hope that helps.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
There's a lot of companies out there and I feel like there's more money to be made out there. Yeah FedEx pays dead head and and tolls on occasions but really I am trying to figure out is it worth staying with them at that rate considering we don't stop rolling or are other companies rolling as much and paying more

I was making more than that back in 1995 when I started with Roberts Express/FedEx Custom Critical in a dry box C unit with a 14 foot box. We got $1.31 a mile for a full rate C load. Fuel was .86 a gallon too.

At Panther our dry box D-units are making $1.78 a loaded mile with the FSC, and $1.41 for all miles traveled with the FSC. Now we do try to get our teams home every other weekend, so I will deadhead a team back to the office if they 300 miles or less away. Better to bite the bullet on 40 gallons of fuel than sit all weekend.

Last edited:

xman1827

Active Expediter
THanks for the replies I don't feel like they are doing me bad since they keep me rolling and paying dead head I'm also getting 12.5. Miles to the gallon keeping it at 60 so I guess I can actually profit being with them.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator

While you might make a little more per mile at another company or on a different program there is something else you need to consider.

How many miles will you get each week with another company or in another program?

It is great if you can make $2.00 a mile at a different company and then only get 1000 miles a week.

There is more to look at then just pay per mile....

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I don't see any indication that this was a flat rate program. But assuming that it could be, it would certainly require some major runs through the calculator to determine if it is profitable.
Some may gross a high number, but that is much different than what you are really keeping. Basically the reason I pay little attention to gross numbers.
As everyone has mentioned, know your costs.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I don't see any indication that this was a flat rate program. But assuming that it could be, it would certainly require some major runs through the calculator to determine if it is profitable.
Some may gross a high number, but that is much different than what you are really keeping. Basically the reason I pay little attention to gross numbers.
As everyone has mentioned, know your costs.

You are not with FedEx which is why you did not pickup on this.

Knowing your costs is a given as a Owner Operator

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
You are not with FedEx which is why you did not pickup on this.

Knowing your costs is a given as a Owner Operator

It may be a little trickier for someone new because the costs would have to be revamped. If one is running a fair amount of miles at a cheap rate, the operating costs, depreciation, and simple wear and tear is going to change.
It will involve more than just fuel and additional oil changes.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army

Call Panther and see what they are paying currently for new contractors. Ask for loaded mile and deadhead pay. I was told loaded is $1.49 including FSC and deadhead $.41.
Figure a 1000 mile run. 800 loaded and 200 deadhead.
800 x 1.49=1192.00
200 X .41=82.00
Total pay=1274.00
$1.274 per mile all miles not including DH to a planned layover.
You don't even want to see how it works out for E-1.
DaveKC and Bruno are on an older higher paying rate.