iphone

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Only one question... have the Iphones got a better battery yet??? I looked at the specs back when they came out and the battery life totally sucked. My sanyo unit runs for days without a charge if not used and even when used for a few calls a day it still lasts about a week on a charge. So is the battery part even an issue or does everyone just leave them plugged in charging all the time???
Rob

If depends on how you use your iPhone. If you watch movies and lots of YouTube - it burns about the battery in a day - if it just phone and email or a little of web surfing - it's good for a few days.

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
I'm averaging about three days on a charge. I wait til it's low before charging.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Below is a link to some info about the new 3G iPhone. My daughter claims there is a market for the old "unlocked" iPhones. She has plans to sell her's on e-bay for $250 t0 $300. The new iPhones are supposedly hack proof. At least until someone hacks into one.

Apple - iPhone - A Guided Tour

Badmunky

Seasoned Expediter
The new 3g iphone is not hack proof. But what consumers did not know is that apple added core software that will alow them to remove any program from your iphone at any time they desire. They can also disable the phone at any time.
This was just confirmed by apple 2 weeks ago when a large cell phone tec mag hacked the phone and found the software.

From my understanding you can not remove it as it is part of the core system that runs the phone and removing it will render the phone useless.

I to was going to buy an iphone untill I read all about this on another forum.

I instead bout an HTC 8925 (AKA The Tilt) and man i love this thing! Its much faster then my friends iphone and it loads web pages faster to. Calls are clearer and it dosnt drop calls where his dose.

And yes we both have AT&T.

Unlike the Iphone it actualy dose do GPS and it has anexpandable Mem card slot. I have 4 8gig chips for it right now.
Thou you can only use one at a time its not a big deal there small and fit in the phone cases outer pocket well.

It dose so much more then the iphone and you can do almost any thing with it as it is windows based. So its like using a small lap top.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
.... and apple thinks there is nothing wrong with a remote control phone...... they think it is funny that people buy the phone and put a "non-approved" application on the phone only to Apple take it off......

juliewray60

Not a Member
I instead bought an HTC 8925 (AKA The Tilt) and man i love this thing!

Great!! Yet another WM6 fan.
Im currently using the HTC
XV6800 from Verizon.

vzw_xv6800.png

Ive never had one inkling to
go the eyephoney route.

I think more people would
go with PDA phones if they
would just give um a go. If
they only knew its a mini
computer.

Ive got mine filled up with
all kinds of apps including
tomtom gps navigator. Lots of
mini apps that help tremedously
with finances on the road.

Like you ive got quite a collection
of SD cards.

Badmunky

Seasoned Expediter
I want to update my phone to the WM6.1 as soon as I can. But am having a hard time finding info on how to do it.

From what a read its much better then WM6.0 and runs smoother.

Later.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
i was using my sons phone to access a couple sites yesterday including this one. my mothers house and neighbordood do not have att nearby so the phone was on the edge network and it ran slow. after it logged off the second time i handed it back to him. i really like the iphone.

phone contract is up next year. if things are good and money is made and saved gracie says we can both get geek phones.