Im Done

DnT

Seasoned Expediter
After 3 years, Im calling it quits in expediting. With low paying rates and not enough runs available, its time. Finance company wont restructure the loan. truck is going back, and Im thinking if anyone is interested in a Rigmaster for sale with about 2300 hours on it and very well maintained, let me know. Need to know soon though, truck is going back sometime next week or so.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I am sorry to hear you are not going to make it. Many of us won't over the next several months. Good luck on whatever comes next. Layoutshooter

DnT

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks again. I really enjoyed expediting, but with this economy, I just can no longer do it.

guido4475

Not a Member
I am sorry to hear that things are not working out for you.But please remember that you are not the only one.And I know excactly where you are coming from.I parked my truck about 2 weeks ago and bought a cargo van.But I got a call from a freind who asked me to work for him locally so I might go that route for awile until things pick up.I sincerely wish you the best of luck.Take care.And most importantly, keep in touch.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There are many of us just holding on. You will come out ok. There is always a new gig to move on too. Layoutshooter

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Bad things happen to good people sometimes, don't feel that you didn't make it work because of anything you did or didn't do...the way things are out here right now, anyone in this industry can be in the same situation tomorrow....

it takes people that aren't afraid to risk to go into business, not just expediting, but business in general, with you being that type of person, id be willing to bet on your success sooner rather then later.....I hope things workout for you and yours....

Last edited:

DnT

Seasoned Expediter
Guido, Layoutshooter, thank you. I will allways come back here to read the posts. I know I didnt post much, but I got alot of information just reading all the posts.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Sorry to see you go but I am wondering;

What company have you been with and what kind of truck do you have?

moose

Veteran Expediter
Sorry to read that ,
you are not alone !
Even i cold not make it ,
Luckily , i have other sources of income that can easily support them truck payments , and then some .
once the Expedite market is ready - My truck will be there for the one lucky H/W team to join the Fleet .
Many Solo St. Trucker , are in the same goat - truck payments or not , it seams like most business ,just cannot make it in the current rates X volume.
problem is , that even many Teams , admitting it or not , are not making it .
as long as we see so many teams, that are barely making it - owning their own truck , than it is just make no seance to add another Pocket to the mix - for now.
What will happened next ? we do not know , but many can show very little income , at best ... ... for now.
it is not a personal failure , it's just bad luck .

(or did i got it wrong ? )

What will be next for you ?

Moose.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
OK, I guess.... what is wrong with naming the company and the truck, it is something that is threatening with some, "you wont get runs from us if you name us - so don't"?

I am asking to find out more about why it didn't happen so others can learn, not to bash you.

DnT

Seasoned Expediter
Moose, thanks. you got it right. I wil most likely become a company driver again. That is if I can find a company thats hiring and paying decent. I was a company driver before this, and was home every night, and to top it off, I had benefits. I really loved doing this, and will miss it.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Just a feeling, I figured that is/was who you were with. Them and Tstate have had the most radical changes with regards to rates.
Good luck on your new gig whatever it may be.