If this is gong to be a Christian nation...

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I guess I can get to several results if I use the Common Core method.:cool:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I don't want to "cut CEO's pay" - what I'd like is for them to recognize that their insane greed and 'entitled' outlook is both unpatriotic and detrimental to a civil society, and try to be better people than they are right now.
We need an educated middle class, and people need to feel that work is the way to a better life, and hard work = advancement, the way it used to be, and isn't much anymore.
The scammers and cheaters and immorally selfish people are winning, and the rest of the country is losing, and it breaks my heart. Makes me mad, too, lol. ;)

I do agree that education is the key. There are scammers and cheaters and always have been. The new wave against the middle class is the new wall of illegals coming in. Not only to we provide for a good many, we are providing college education for many above our own citizens.
Couple that with illegals for SA, and guess what, they will take those entry level jobs at minimum wage and be dancing in the streets about. Already started. Look at trucking, farming, retail, construction you name it. They are your future competition, not ceo's.
Education or entering the trade schools is the only way one is likely to get above that barrier. This is one of the often overlooked areas when I refer to "global competition".

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I do agree that education is the key. There are scammers and cheaters and always have been. The new wave against the middle class is the new wall of illegals coming in. Not only to we provide for a good many, we are providing college education for many above our own citizens.
Couple that with illegals for SA, and guess what, they will take those entry level jobs at minimum wage and be dancing in the streets about. Already started. Look at trucking, farming, retail, construction you name it. They are your future competition, not ceo's.
Education or entering the trade schools is the only way one is likely to get above that barrier. This is one of the often overlooked areas when I refer to "global competition".

I believe you're making my point: it's all about cheap labor.
I'm a firm believer in capitalism - but left to itself [unregulated], it tends to get warped. CEOs are an example: given the privilege of declaring their own 'worth', [and everyone else's, in their own area], they abused it. Just a little at first, but when no one paid much attention, they got bolder and bolder [like any thief], till we are where we are now: the few at the top are grossly overcompensated, while the many at the bottom need food stamps to feed their kids.
Education is a great idea - if one can afford it, which too many can't. Nor can they, as Romney advised "borrow it from your parents" [and if they're so dumb they hadn't thought of that, college isn't gonna help, right?:rolleyes:
So for all those who didn't get an advanced education [like me] because it wasn't necessary to get a decent paying job for many years, what's the answer? Because their bills need paid now, and every week after, too.
What do you say to people who did what they were supposed to do, [worked, paid taxes, got married, had kids], and suddenly their job is gone with the wind? And, for the first time since the Depression, there just aren't enough jobs [that support people & families] to cover the need. Of course there are winners & losers in the capitalist system, but this isn't 'normal', and people are hurting.
If conservatives really want to "defend" marriage, maybe they could take an honest look at what financial stress can do to tear it apart - just saying.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm a firm believer in capitalism - but left to itself [unregulated], it tends to get warped. CEOs are an example: given the privilege of declaring their own 'worth', [and everyone else's, in their own area], they abused it. Just a little at first, but when no one paid much attention, they got bolder and bolder [like any thief], till we are where we are now: the few at the top are grossly overcompensated, while the many at the bottom need food stamps to feed their kids.

Education is a great idea - if one can afford it, which too many can't. Nor can they, as Romney advised "borrow it from your parents" [and if they're so dumb they hadn't thought of that, college isn't gonna help, right?:rolleyes:

So for all those who didn't get an advanced education [like me] because it wasn't necessary to get a decent paying job for many years, what's the answer? Because their bills need paid now, and every week after, too.

What do you say to people who did what they were supposed to do, [worked, paid taxes, got married, had kids], and suddenly their job is gone with the wind? And, for the first time since the Depression, there just aren't enough jobs [that support people & families] to cover the need. Of course there are winners & losers in the capitalist system, but this isn't 'normal', and people are hurting.

If conservatives really want to "defend" marriage, maybe they could take an honest look at what financial stress can do to tear it apart - just saying.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

It is about cheap labor at the bottom end. We are currently importing cheap labor at a record pace. Democrats are on a tear to increase it for votes. That is hardly a secret. As mentioned, these people will take the jobs that many refuse to do. That isn't going to be addressed by throwing money at it.
As for education, it is expensive but there are financial options if one really explores them. If unemployed, then there is nothing but time at that point. Government financial aid is reasonable if someone has no income. Trade schools would be one of those options. Remember, it isn't whether you like the trades initially, you are looking for a paycheck. Get a paycheck and then move on to something you like when the time is right. Too many want a high dollar job and have no skills to offer. If a family lost their job that is tough, but it is a result of poor planning. No job is forever. Should have saved or continued their education when they had the good income. Had they done that, the impact would be significantly less. Kind of where that personal responsibility thing comes in.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
But it's just so much easier to just blame all the CEO's and be done with it.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It is just much easier, and less expensive, to blame someone else for you problems than it is to purchase a good quality mirror so the real cause of the problem can be seen, only by looking in it.

People tend to forget, or just are too brainwashed to understand this most simple rule of life:

"The outcome of each person's life is the sum of that person's decisions"

We are ALL where we are because we directed ourselves to this point with every choice we made yesterday.