I Wanna Hijack a Thread

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
So ragman and asjssl are each taking 100 of these children because they are here so "we" are responsible and being the most compassionate and sensitive of all of us they surely want to do the most. Later they may have to take on more than 100 each depending on how many more show up. And what's the deal with saying no to Ethiopian children? Send the planes. After all, the only thing stopping them is no walkable path here. Otherwise those children would be here too and then they'd obviously also be our responsibility.

Man, you just have to shake your head and wonder sometimes.

If I remember correctly you are totally against abortions. ..sooooooo with YOUR logic. ..how many of the children that are now born due to all of this anti abortion / birth control are you taking in??

Off ALL of the things..causes...problems this country takes on...helping a shiz load of children makes a lot better sense than oh let's say Iraq...with ALL ..of the $$$ spent in that hell hole...I would rather see it go to all.of these children ...think of all of the GOOD with the BILLIONS N BILLIONS PIZZED away in Iraq alone...but f - em ..that's your stance..

did we just waste 10 billion. On designing a war plane..that will never see the light of day....
But no no no...to 3-4 billion into maybe some good ...

Sent from my SM-G900V using EO Forums mobile app

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
If I remember correctly you are totally against abortions. ..sooooooo with YOUR logic. ..how many of the children that are now born due to all of this anti abortion / birth control are you taking in??

Off ALL of the things..causes...problems this country takes on...helping a shiz load of children makes a lot better sense than oh let's say Iraq...with ALL ..of the $$$ spent in that hell hole...I would rather see it go to all.of these children ...think of all of the GOOD with the BILLIONS N BILLIONS ****ED away in Iraq alone...but f - em ..that's your stance..

Actually, Leo is using YOUR logic. You're the one here who has proposed (several times over and over ad nauseum again and again lather rinse repeat) that anti-abortion folks take in all those poor unwanted children. It's a goose and gander thing. And in this case you're the gander. If you think we should welcome with open and compassionate arms these Central American children, then how many are you willing to take on yourself?

At the very least people should be willing to admit there are no easy answers, and the emotional answers are usually the least effective ones and the ones with the most unintended consequences.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Actually, Leo is using YOUR logic. You're the one here who has proposed (several times over and over ad nauseum again and again lather rinse repeat) that anti-abortion folks take in all those poor unwanted children. It's a goose and gander thing. And in this case you're the gander. If you think we should welcome with open and compassionate arms these Central American children, then how many are you willing to take on yourself?

At the very least people should be willing to admit there are no easy answers, and the emotional answers are usually the least effective ones and the ones with the most unintended consequences.

I said at the very beginning I have no clue what the correct answer is...but hope something good happens...that's all I am advocating...

yes rinse lather and repeat is necessary to get your point across to some of these anti abortion/birth control wackadoos..and in my neck.of the woods .. Sw Michigan is full of migrants/ illegals..from Mexico/ S.America ...some of the hardest working family oriented people.i have ever met...sure there a few pain in the azz ones ..but in a whole...good hard working people..and one of the organizations I am affiliated with helps out alot of the migrant children. .

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Explain to me how we are going to be able to pay for welcoming the entire world into this country and then we can talk. Do I wish we had back our billions from the middle east? Definitely. Do I wish we had back our trillions from the wackadoodle in chief? Even more so. Yes, you disagree with my opposition to the taking of innocent life. That's fine because you are entitled to be wrong.

Do I wish every nation could be what our nation should be? Definitely. Does that mean I'm willing to bankrupt and destroy our nation in a foolish, feel good, impossible attempt to make it so? Definitely not. If you have enough personally to take it on and choose to do so that's great. I choose locked borders. I choose no amnesty whatsoever. I choose to use what I have to help wounded warriors and other veterans. I choose to use what I have with a children's home that's been active since well before I visited and began working with them 38 years ago.

38 years, how the heck did I get so old so fast. So you guys just keep on with your "they're here so they're ours now" foolishness. I'll stick with what's right.

Last edited:

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
And what's the deal with saying no to Ethiopian children? Send the planes. After all, the only thing stopping them is no walkable path here. Otherwise those children would be here too and then they'd obviously also be our responsibility.
Good point. There are poor, starving children living all over the world - Rwanda, Nigeria, Ghana, Sudan (pick any African country), India, Haiti, the list goes on and on. Why stop with only those in Central America? All we need is for some corrupt govt - using the foreign aid money we give them - to start flying these starving waifs into Mexico so they can come straight into TX or AZ and check in with the Border Patrol. By law they would be afforded the same protections given to the kids coming from Guatemala.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Good point. There are poor, starving children living all over the world - Rwanda, Nigeria, Ghana, Sudan (pick any African country), India, Haiti, the list goes on and on. Why stop with only those in Central America? All we need is for some corrupt govt - using the foreign aid money we give them - to start flying these starving waifs into Mexico so they can come straight into TX or AZ and check in with the Border Patrol. By law they would be afforded the same protections given to the kids coming from Guatemala.

In the interest of saving taxpayers money, they will fly them straight into the US.:rolleyes:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You guys are amazing.

double_facepalm.jpg

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Not sure that we're amazing, just sensible enough to see the correct side of this thing.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Not sure that we're amazing, just sensible enough to see the correct side of this thing.

I would go with sensible. Sensible enough to send them to the Whitehouse where they have plenty of bedrooms. Even have a first lady that needs a group to practice her lunch planning skills. Looks like a win-win. :cool:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Sensible, practical. That's all you can be.

As for poor starving children, word is there are boats and airplanes waiting to take children from the US to Central America so they can make their way back here and get a meal.